Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    What happened to Vitus???

    I've owned a Vitus RI-100 and an SIA-025. I was very happy with both units. The new SIA-030 looks beautiful .Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much "press" on the new amp. If I understand correctly, Vitus was imported by Vitus directly to its' many U.S. dealers. From what I've read, they're using a distributor (in my town), and the total U.S. dealer count is FOUR!!!!??? What a shame...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,752

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I’ve seen some videos and coverage of the SIA - 030; very nice looking amp. We are going into the show season starting next month so let’s see if it gets more press.
    _______________

    Mike

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    It seems the entire brand has been forgotten....
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  4. #4

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    It has been, it was never as amazing as it was marketed. People who actually owned them complained that the units weren't as well designed and built as they should have been. At these prices amps should not be humming or buzzing.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    La Canada, CA
    Posts
    24

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I sure still like mine.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I liked the 2 that I owned also.... It's all about the economics... The new distributor did not help. I don't think that situation will last. The company also took too long to release the SIA-030. They lost momentum... How can much happen with just 4 or 5 dealers in the entire country? Sort of like Spectral... Just my opinion. Lots of brilliant engineers that just aren't very business savvy ...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    New Dealer Announcement for Vitus Audio and Audio Solutions

    http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...dio-solutions/
    Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

    Luxman 590AXII (incoming), Job INTegrated

    Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

    Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (x 2 - one as backup), First Watt F7 (incoming), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

    RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ SE upgrades.

    Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    La Canada, CA
    Posts
    24

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I agree with you. I have a SS-103 and an RS-100. I just thought trashing the entire brand (not you) was just too far over the top.

  9. #9

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Hi everyone

    I see some are complaining about the way we handle things as the North American importer and distributor of Vitus Audio.

    First of all let me remind all about the timeline of SIA 30.

    Its introduced in May 2019 Munich show. The first commerically available units are shipped on the 3rd week of July 2019.

    Our first unit went for the first review of the unit to Avshowrooms and video of the review can be found at their website.

    Soon after, at the begining of September 2019 we introduced the SIA 030 at RMAF 2019. In actual fact we had 2 units in the room. 1 was playing and 1 was on static display ( in titanium orange color).

    Therefore comments about us being late in introducing the product to the US market is completely false.

    About the comments re our dealership network:

    We have started distributing VA products in March 2019. First thing as a distributor we looked at the representation of VA products in the previous dealer network we inherited. Clearly it wasnt represented in the way we wanted.. some dealer hsd a unit and never promoted the brand as it should be.. some had business practices that we did not want to be a part off.. therefore as the new distributor, we cleaned our dealership network on day one and started from scratch.

    It takes time to find good dealer who will represent the VA products as it should be.. therefore i accept your criticism for having 5 dealers at the moment. But unlike most other distributors we dont dish out dealerships and count our beans.. we turn down more dealership requests than we sign on..please call me and i will explain why..

    We do things differently.. we established a service center here in the US before we signed on new dealerships.. its crucial to be able address all the needa of the consumer before we start selling..

    Soon we will announce our new second hand certification program inline with our new warranty program.. for us the experience around VA products are more important than just selling another piece. We are different than other distributors..

    As for SIA 30 missing the boat.. hardly.. since we introduced the amp at RMAF 2019 its our best seller. Also there will more reviews coming not only for SIA 30 but a wide range of VA products.

    Did you know that, in our "new" dealership network, its a prerequisite to demo SIA 030 to become a dealer? Did you know that you can listen to SIA 030 in NYC, San Clemente ,Houston and in Las Vegas?

    We are NOT going to have 20-30 dealers in the country.. that i can assure you.. we are going to support our dealers with events.. like we did with Hans-Ole Vitus after the RMAF 2019. And we will continue to do that..we are not behind the curve.. we will never be.. but what we will never ever do is dish out dealerships just for the sake of doing it..

    VA products will be reprsented by only qualified dealers who are willing to share our passion.

    I will be at thw Florida Audio Expo in room 812.

    Please find me in my exhibit room with the SIA 030 and i will be more than happy to answer any.more questions that you might have face to face..

    If you are in LA, let me arrange a demo at your own home with my dealer..all you need to do is ask..

    My best to all forum members.

    Importer and Distributor for Vitus Audio in North America

    Ozan Turan
    Www.highendbyoz.com
    Oz@highendbyoz.com
    424 344 0011

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Welcome Ozan!
    Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

    Luxman 590AXII (incoming), Job INTegrated

    Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

    Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (x 2 - one as backup), First Watt F7 (incoming), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

    RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ SE upgrades.

    Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,519

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I had 4 or 5 Vitus pieces at home and none of them hummed. The build quality is excellent - better than most US made products. So I'm not really getting those complaints.

    SIA-025, SS101 and SM011 monos were one of the best amps I had in my system.
    Adam

    Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Vitus SM-103 / MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    While no single product or brand is going to please everyone Ė some of us who were awake during 2019 couldnít help but notice how fast the new Vitus SIA-030 racked up awards since its mid-year launch.



    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  13. #13
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,656

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Highendbyoz View Post
    Hi everyone

    I see some are complaining about the way we handle things as the North American importer and distributor of Vitus Audio.

    First of all let me remind all about the timeline of SIA 30.

    Its introduced in May 2019 Munich show. The first commerically available units are shipped on the 3rd week of July 2019.

    Our first unit went for the first review of the unit to Avshowrooms and video of the review can be found at their website.

    Soon after, at the begining of September 2019 we introduced the SIA 030 at RMAF 2019. In actual fact we had 2 units in the room. 1 was playing and 1 was on static display ( in titanium orange color).

    Therefore comments about us being late in introducing the product to the US market is completely false.

    About the comments re our dealership network:

    We have started distributing VA products in March 2019. First thing as a distributor we looked at the representation of VA products in the previous dealer network we inherited. Clearly it wasnt represented in the way we wanted.. some dealer hsd a unit and never promoted the brand as it should be.. some had business practices that we did not want to be a part off.. therefore as the new distributor, we cleaned our dealership network on day one and started from scratch.

    It takes time to find good dealer who will represent the VA products as it should be.. therefore i accept your criticism for having 5 dealers at the moment. But unlike most other distributors we dont dish out dealerships and count our beans.. we turn down more dealership requests than we sign on..please call me and i will explain why..

    We do things differently.. we established a service center here in the US before we signed on new dealerships.. its crucial to be able address all the needa of the consumer before we start selling..

    Soon we will announce our new second hand certification program inline with our new warranty program.. for us the experience around VA products are more important than just selling another piece. We are different than other distributors..

    As for SIA 30 missing the boat.. hardly.. since we introduced the amp at RMAF 2019 its our best seller. Also there will more reviews coming not only for SIA 30 but a wide range of VA products.

    Did you know that, in our "new" dealership network, its a prerequisite to demo SIA 030 to become a dealer? Did you know that you can listen to SIA 030 in NYC, San Clemente ,Houston and in Las Vegas?

    We are NOT going to have 20-30 dealers in the country.. that i can assure you.. we are going to support our dealers with events.. like we did with Hans-Ole Vitus after the RMAF 2019. And we will continue to do that..we are not behind the curve.. we will never be.. but what we will never ever do is dish out dealerships just for the sake of doing it..

    VA products will be reprsented by only qualified dealers who are willing to share our passion.

    I will be at thw Florida Audio Expo in room 812.

    Please find me in my exhibit room with the SIA 030 and i will be more than happy to answer any.more questions that you might have face to face..

    If you are in LA, let me arrange a demo at your own home with my dealer..all you need to do is ask..

    My best to all forum members.

    Importer and Distributor for Vitus Audio in North America

    Ozan Turan
    Www.highendbyoz.com
    Oz@highendbyoz.com
    424 344 0011
    Hi Oz,

    Nice chatting with you last night. Glad to see you here. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks at our show. Thank you for participating.

    As far as Suncoast Audio is concerned, I parted ways with Vitus long before Oz entered the picture. As Oz has indicated, things were a mess prior to his arrival, and thatís putting it modestly. Iíve since moved on, but I wouldnít hesitate for a second to get behind Vitus again. Oz is doing all the things you would expect from a distributor like participating at shows and getting the word out. There are some distributors who expect the dealer to do everything with respect to marketing and shows. Sorry, but thatís ass backwards.

    What folks need to understand, just because a product is good doesnít mean a dealer will carry it. There are a lot of factors that go into play. For most dealers, itís about WHO we work with on the manufacturer/distributor side that is as important as the product. You may have the best product in the world, but if your distributor is a turkey, then it just wonít fly. Remember, we are making a substantial investment too! Oz is someone I know is very approachable and good to work with. Iíve known him for quite a while.

    Anyway, all the best to Oz and the Vitus group.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Delightful. As I mentioned, I was quite happy with the 2 Vitus products I owned. My comment about the SIA-030 seems accurate though. I was anticipating its' release and from what I've read, it was originally slated to be produced about 2 years ago. Lastly, I don't think a dealer in each state would be overdoing it. Why would you expect the consumer to travel, possibly, 100's of miles to audition a product ? What am I missing? A note to STAX, I wasn't trashing the brand at all. Quite the opposite. I am just disappointed with its' lack of availability and "buzz".
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,752

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Welcome Ozan!

    You may want to stick around and keep the audio enthusiasts on this site up to date with your dealer network, events and new products. You are likely to get more traction by being present and representing the brand. Less than 6 dealers across the US and only 3 or 4 US shows are not enough to build and/or grow a brand.
    _______________

    Mike

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Hey Oz, Ed D. from Seattle.

    Good to hear you know Mike and are moving forward with Vitus!

    Best!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss








  17. #17

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Welcome Ozan!

    You may want to stick around and keep the audio enthusiasts on this site up to date with your dealer network, events and new products. You are likely to get more traction by being present and representing the brand. Less than 6 dealers across the US and only 3 or 4 US shows are not enough to build and/or grow a brand.
    Hi Ritmo,
    I think there is a misperception here..

    Let me clarify..

    I never said/planned to have only 4-5 dealers across the country. As I said on my earlier post, we have taken over distribution of Vitus Audio in March 2019 and started from scratch with our dealer network. In other words we have established 5 dealerships in the last 9 months since we took over distribution.

    If you were to take a snap shot picture of the dealership network today, and call it not enough you will be right.. but we are building the network and will add more dealers going forward.

    We will continue to the shows and do dealer events as well .

    as for the comments by Penthouse-D, regarding the product being late for 2 years.. I can tell you this.. VA is not a company that dishes out products every year.. It takes a good 2-3years before they are happy to introduce an upgrade or introduce a completely new product. Take a look at SIA-25. .it still is going for over 10 years with only one upgrade in those 10 years..in other words it takes time for a VA product to be commercially available. Also I never said we wont have a dealer in each state and force consumers to travel 100s miles for listen VA products. What I said was we are building our dealership network from scratch with dealers who are committed to the brand and showcase it properly..

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I was simply referring to your quote," we are NOT going to have 20-30 dealers in the country".... I waited YEARS for an SIA-030 after it was initially announced.... Got tired of waiting.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  19. #19

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Penthouse-d

    I have a question for you?.

    How many VA dealers where there before i took on distribution at any given point in time?

    Let me give you the answer not more that 5 and a good 60% of it didnt even had any products on the floor.

    As i explained we started 9 months ago and already upto the previous number of dealers in a short period of time and with all dealers having products on the floor.

    We will continue to add dealers but we wont do it in a rush..

    Therefore when you ask "what happened to Vitus?" You sounded like there were 30 dealers and now dropped to 5.. no it didnt..

    Instead we are laying the ground works for a more established experience around VA products, with more dealers with actual products on display, service center here in USA second hand certification etc etc..

    Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and i will explain further.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Highendbyoz View Post

    [...]

    Instead we are laying the ground works for a more established experience around VA products, with more dealers with actual products on display, service center here in USA second hand certification etc etc..

    [...]

    Well Done Oz.

    As Mike observes, you are doing all the things one would expect from a distributor, like participating at shows and getting the word out. I also think that establishing a service centre in the US before signing on new dealerships is a masterstroke. Ditto for 2nd hand certification. If you build the foundation right – scaling later with more dealerships is much easier.

    It seems like you had to build from practically nothing so don’t be discouraged by comments like “It seems the entire brand has been forgotten....” It’s now obvious that this is not the case.


    New beginnings can be great. A few years back Gryphon – another iconic Danish audio brand – was languishing in the United States. Today it gets lots of “press” and is represented by a distributor and over a dozen dealers.


    So, back to the opening salvo, “What happened to Vitus???”. The answer is simple. A new beginning. Good luck to you.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  21. #21

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    I was simply referring to your quote," we are NOT going to have 20-30 dealers in the country".... I waited YEARS for an SIA-030 after it was initially announced.... Got tired of waiting.
    I was in the same boat. There was quite a bit of chatter initially about SIA-030, but product itself did not get released for a very long time. In the end, I went with Gryphon Diablo 300. Couldnít be happier, by the way.

    It was indeed a bit of a strange situation.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    My original question "what happened to Vitus" was directed to not only the brand itself, but 2-3 years ago there would be a post on this site nearly every day. Recently , maybe one every 6-8 months.... the brand has been "forgotten". Yes, wonderful awards, finally the new amp, but a guy in Colorado can't buy one...I've been a Vitus owner since the RI-100 was released. Close to 10 years. I had a NYC dealer who did not carry the line, sitting in my apartment listening to my RI-100, and because of that afternoon, he became a Vitus dealer... I upgraded to the SIA-025 easily because my dealer (who I have a RELATIONSHIP with), made it easy to do... The ," in a perfect world" theory here isn't working.. While you attempt to roll the brand out again, the consumer is tiring of the difficulty. In the end, it's all about the end consumer , the person who spends the last $... Lastly, here's a final example of how you are quickly losing the consumer. There is an RI-101 on Audiogon. It's obviously the new model. The guy can't sell it for 50% off retail. No-one cares!!!! 5-6 years ago, an SIA -025 would've sold in a week for a 35% discount.. Because there were dealers, press, buzz, etc... I'm certain your business plan is very dealer focused. Very few dealers, NO discounting, etc. Basically , the Spectral model. That may have worked had the brand started and stayed that way. It didn't. People have moved on to other brands, the brand has very poor resale, you can't see one unless you, in many cases spend $$$ and travel time.The brand is struggling...It's about the end consumer. US, not the dealers who will have the luxury of selling exclusive brands at full retail.. Most of us have moved on.....
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  23. #23

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    My original question "what happened to Vitus" was directed to not only the brand itself, but 2-3 years ago there would be a post on this site nearly every day. Recently , maybe one every 6-8 months.... the brand has been "forgotten". Yes, wonderful awards, finally the new amp, but a guy in Colorado can't buy one...I've been a Vitus owner since the RI-100 was released. Close to 10 years. I had a NYC dealer who did not carry the line, sitting in my apartment listening to my RI-100, and because of that afternoon, he became a dealer... I upgraded to the SIA-025 easily because my dealer (who I have a RELATIONSHIP with), made it easy to do... The ," in a perfect world" theory here isn't working.. While you attempt to roll the brand out again, the consumer is tiring of the difficulty. In the end, it's all about the end consumer , the person who spends the last $... Lastly, here's a final example of how you are quickly losing the consumer. There is an RI-101 on Audiogon. It's obviously the new model. The guy can't sell it for 50% off retail. No-one cares!!!! 5-6 years ago, an SIA -025 would've sold in a week for a 35% discount.. Because there were dealers, press, buzz, etc... I'm certain your business plan is very dealer focused. Very few dealers, NO discounting, etc. Basically , the Spectral model. That may have worked had the brand started and stayed that way. It didn't. People have moved on to other brands, the brand has very poor resale, you can't see one unless you, in many cases spend $$$ and travel time.The brand is struggling...It's about the end consumer. US, not the dealers who will have the luxury of selling exclusive brands at full retail.. Most of us have moved on.....
    Hi Once again..

    regarding the RI 101 on Audiogon.. thats with an old model dac.. its no longer available.. RI 101 only comes with optional DAC/Streamer module only.. and to clarify.. the old dac was a $2,760 option. in other word the ad stating the new price of the unit at 20600 is misleading..

    I think you prefer not to call me.. but dont hesitate if you want to know the FACTs about Vitus and what we do..

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, Ca.
    Posts
    624

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    How long is your contract with Vitus? You're making my point. I should call you for the facts?... I get it, but if you want to sell product, you should be listening to your customers. Not me listening to you. Quite frankly,I'm giving you the most valuable information. Get A LOT of good dealers, make it EASY for me to see/ listen, and possibly buy the product, and lastly, if a dealer sees fit, let them offer a discount to loyal customers. I may be wrong, but what I'm hearing is " full retail only". The market has become very competitive with many great brands. T+A, Gryphon, any more. Good luck with that...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,752

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Highendbyoz View Post
    Hi Ritmo,
    I think there is a misperception here..

    Let me clarify..

    I never said/planned to have only 4-5 dealers across the country. As I said on my earlier post, we have taken over distribution of Vitus Audio in March 2019 and started from scratch with our dealer network. In other words we have established 5 dealerships in the last 9 months since we took over distribution.

    If you were to take a snap shot picture of the dealership network today, and call it not enough you will be right.. but we are building the network and will add more dealers going forward.

    We will continue to the shows and do dealer events as well .

    as for the comments by Penthouse-D, regarding the product being late for 2 years.. I can tell you this.. VA is not a company that dishes out products every year.. It takes a good 2-3years before they are happy to introduce an upgrade or introduce a completely new product. Take a look at SIA-25. .it still is going for over 10 years with only one upgrade in those 10 years..in other words it takes time for a VA product to be commercially available. Also I never said we wont have a dealer in each state and force consumers to travel 100s miles for listen VA products. What I said was we are building our dealership network from scratch with dealers who are committed to the brand and showcase it properly..
    Great! Glad you are pursuing a strategy of more visibility and a wider retail network.

    Please donít misunderstand my note. Iím simply encouraging you to be appropriately active on this site as you further develop the dealer network and Vitus introduces new products.

    Wish you great success!
    _______________

    Mike

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    My original question "what happened to Vitus" was directed to not only the brand itself, but 2-3 years ago there would be a post on this site nearly every day. Recently , maybe one every 6-8 months.... the brand has been "forgotten". [...]

    Give the man a chance.


    He’s had the brand for all of six months during which time he’s appointed dealers who actually have product on display, set up a US service center, planned a 2nd hand certification program [surprisingly few brands have one], supported dealers at audio shows, facilitated product reviews etc. etc.


    Indeed 2-3 years ago there were more frequent Vitus posts on Audioshark. Is there a causal link between posting frequency on Audioshark and long term audio brand success? What other factors might influence post frequency? When it comes to Vitus I can think of three. First, 2-3 years ago the brand was stocked and promoted by the owner of this very forum. Second, it was the era of Bodhi. Third, the earlier distribution model appears to have had problems leading to a loss in momentum in the USA for the brand.


    Reading in between the lines it seems you were passionate about the brand but then felt let down by it. Given Vitus – in their own words – have just re-entered the US market perhaps it’s a bit too soon to suggest “the new distributor did not help.”?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

  27. #27

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    It has been, it was never as amazing as it was marketed. People who actually owned them complained that the units weren't as well designed and built as they should have been. At these prices amps should not be humming or buzzing.
    Please direct me to the sites where, as you wrote, Vitus owners "complained the units weren't well designed and built as (well) as they should have been..."

    I locate only glowing reviews and comments on Vitus gear.
    Thanks.

  28. #28

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Most Manufacturers will go out of their way to ensure that criticism doesn't exist in the public domain. If you are simply a Consumer who relies on Dealers, Reviewers and Marketing material then your only getting half the truth. Very few Dealers will criticize a Brand, most will simply drop them and move along.

  29. #29

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    How can you even state that there is no criticism existing on the public domain? There are many, many critical comments about hi fi products that you can access with a quick search.
    I asked you where you got your information about Vitus owners (plural) being displeased with their Vitus gear. I'm not asking you for something uncommon. I'm simply asking that you cite your sources.
    Or did you make this up what you wrote? Without sources, that's the only conclusion I can make.

  30. #30

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    ^ You must be speaking in absolutes, I am not. I do not take anything on the internet as fact. I also don't owe you anything, feel free to purchase whatever you like and enjoy.

  31. #31

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    I'm simply trying to determine whether your statement was your opinion or factually based.
    Be well. Enjoy music.

  32. #32

    Re: What happened to Vitus???

    Not living in the USA, i can assure you that Vitus has maintained its presence in many other parts of the world and continues to produce very impressive gear imho.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

What happened to Vitus???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •