560 d/a - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 560 d/a

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 560 d/a

After reading that review I want one really bad, it sounds like it would be my ultimate DAC. I have to remember a bit of wisdom my father repeatedly told me when I was growing up, which is that "it's good to want". His explanation was that you should always have some things that you desire in order to keep you ambitious and hard working. My response was generally that "it may be good to want but it's better to have!" Maybe I should follow his advice in this case.

2. Likes bzr, nicoludio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    After reading that review I want one really bad, it sounds like it would be my ultimate DAC. I have to remember a bit of wisdom my father repeatedly told me when I was growing up, which is that "it's good to want". His explanation was that you should always have some things that you desire in order to keep you ambitious and hard working. My response was generally that "it may be good to want but it's better to have!" Maybe I should follow his advice in this case.
    Cracker post, my thoughts at a young age would have been "I want you to shut up!", if my father had of said that

4. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good, very good. One of the few dacs that is accurate & detracts nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post

Didn't know you changed the speakers to Marten. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

7. Likes sharkmouth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Didn't know you changed the speakers to Marten. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Which digital input(s) are you using on the 560?
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz Diamond Loom, Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz d-tc Loom (complete), Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Which digital input(s) are you using on the 560?
    Have tried the toslink & usb as didn't have a digital cable. What do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Have tried the toslink & usb as didn't have a digital cable. What do you recommend?
    I use the ethernet connection for my NAS content. I also use AES/EBU via LUMIN. I also employ the USB connection.

To my ears in my system the ethernet connection sounds best with the 560 DAC.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz Diamond Loom, Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz d-tc Loom (complete), Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

12. Likes sharkmouth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried the ethernet yet, will do, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Soulution have just announced an upgrade for their DACs. A Leedh Processor that will transform the digital volume control. Cyril informed me that 560 with Leedh will out perform the 520. This is of great interest for me as I have a digital only system. The 560 could then suffice as both an excellent pre and digital hub..
    I'm sending mine off for the upgrade
    this is what Soulution has to say

soulution introduces « Leedh Processing » to its D/A converters 760 and 560

soulution is the first high end electronics manufacturer world-wide who was allowed to license «Leedh Processing» for its D/A converters 560 and 760. «Leedh Processing» is a highly innovative algorithm for increasing or decreasing the volume level of a digital music signal. The patented «Leedh Processing» algorithm does this without adding any artefacts to the digital music signal. No information will be lost while adjusting the volume. This results in revealing even thinnest details and a tremendous richness of micro dynamics otherwise unavailable from digital music playback and usually associated with analog/vinyl music reproduction. Existing units of 760 and 560 can be upgraded for the new «Leedh Processing» volume control feature.
    «Leedh Processing» has been invented by Gilles Millot of Acoustical Beauty, a French niche manufacturer for high end loudspeaker systems who already holds several patents for his innovative designs and technologies. The innovative «Leedh Processing» algorithm is not limited to applications in high end audio. It will also do its magic in lower quality, mass market products or even in applications outside audio.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast