Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 85
  1. #1
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Shunyata Reference Series V2







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    330

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Very, very nice.
    Sincerely,


    Joe
    Happiness is not a destination, so Enjoy the Journey.

    Amps: Pass X260.8s *** Pre-Amp: Pass XP22 *** Headphone Amp: Pass HPA-1 *** Speakers: Magico A3’s *** Magico A3 Grills *** Headphones: Focal Utopia *** Digital: Luxman D-08u SACD *** Aurender ACS10 CD Ripper & N100 Streamer *** Power: Shunyata Hydra Alpha A12 Power Conditioner *** AQ NRG Edison 20 *** Cables: Shunyata *** Rack: Bamboo SVT Quadrasphire *** Accessories: Herbie's Audio Lab Giant Titanium Cone Decoupling Gliders *** Russ Andrews Cable Elevators

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Is this their new top of line power cable?
    Bud

    Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

    Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

    Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

  4. #4

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Is this their new top of line power cable?
    Yes. These are the new "V2" generation of the Sigma NR, Alpha NR, Delta NR power cables. They feature new NR filters and the new VTX-Ag conductors.

    The very top of the line is the Omega which has already been released.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    720

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    twice the MSRP of the previous series, right?

  6. #6
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    twice the MSRP of the previous series, right?
    No
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    550

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Hi Mike,

    When will they be available and will the MSRP change?
    Paul



    Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

  8. #8
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    Hi Mike,

    When will they be available and will the MSRP change?
    They are going to start shipping next week (or shortly thereafter)

    MSRP’s are:

    Delta v2 XC - $900
    Delta v2 NR - $998

    Alpha v2 XC - $1900
    Alpha v2 NR - $2000

    Sigma v2 XC - $3250
    Sigma v2 NR - $3500
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    720

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Are they included in the 20% off spring promotion?

  10. #10
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Are they included in the 20% off spring promotion?
    No.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    720

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Any close-out offers on the old series?

  12. #12
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Any close-out offers on the old series?
    They haven’t mentioned any. I think they’ve been having sales since last November.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  13. #13
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Just received word that V2 cables can start shipping Monday!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,748

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Deleted.
    _______________

    Mike

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    They are going to start shipping next week (or shortly thereafter)

    MSRP’s are:

    Delta v2 XC - $900
    Delta v2 NR - $998

    Alpha v2 XC - $1900
    Alpha v2 NR - $2000

    Sigma v2 XC - $3250
    Sigma v2 NR - $3500
    Two questions. I couldn’t find the answers on Shunyata’s web site.

    What is the difference between the XC and NR model in each version?

    Edit. Found answer in another thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    The XC series was designed to provide maximal current as instantaneously as possible (DTCD) for power distributors. DTCD is the no. 1 requirement for power cords powering power distributors. It does not have noise reducion.

    The purpose of the NR series of power cords is to power components, and to prevent noise from inside the power supplies of the amplification or source components, from coming back out, only to be re-distributed within the power conditioner to other componentry. This is why the NR filter is at the component end of the power cord; to reduce the noise at its source. This provides another level of component-to-component noise isolation.

    As the power distributor is not an amplification or source component with a power supply, it does not require an NR power cord.

    The NR series of power cords were also designed to provide NR for components that may be plugged straight into the wall, e.g. monoblocks, that may be located near speakers, and may not be close enough to connect to a noise reducing power distributor in an audio rack.


    What is the difference between the Sigma version at $3500 to the Omega QR at $9000?

    Thanks.
    Bud

    Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

    Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

    Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

  16. #16

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Two questions. I couldn’t find the answers on Shunyata’s web site.

    What is the difference between the XC and NR model in each version?

    Edit. Found answer in another thread.





    What is the difference between the Sigma version at $3500 to the Omega QR at $9000?

    Thanks.
    The Omega QR has an in-line QR/BB device; the Sigma NR V2 does not. I don't know what other differences there may be between the two cables, e.g. AWG, construction, or materials technology, etc.

    I do know that the construction of the Omega QR is very complex and sophisticated and takes the manufacturing operator a full week to construct by hand. This is one of the reasons it costs more than the Sigma NR V2.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    550

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    They are going to start shipping next week (or shortly thereafter)

    MSRP’s are:

    Delta v2 XC - $900
    Delta v2 NR - $998

    Alpha v2 XC - $1900
    Alpha v2 NR - $2000

    Sigma v2 XC - $3250
    Sigma v2 NR - $3500
    Thanks Mike!
    Paul



    Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    308

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    The Alpha V2 NRs (2 of them) and Sigma V2 NR that I've been testing here for the last 1 month+ plus
    are a significant leap ahead in all categories of imaging, tonal accuracy, pacing, soundstage in all 3 dimensions and good old-fashioned
    musical enjoyment. Let's just say they are extremely good and worth trying.

    If memory serves,the "XC" is also meant to be used if you want an umbilical between Typhon (QR and prior) and Triton (V3 and prior) from what Caelin told me.
    Legacy Audio CalibreXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, Legacy Powerbloc2, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

  19. #19
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    https://shunyata.com/products/power-...-nr-xc-series/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    308

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks Mike! That VTX conductor is one of the coolest looking things ever.

    What I like about Shunyata....no gimmicks, no hidden 'mojo' or voodoo and backed by real science and real explanations, realistic prices too.
    Legacy Audio CalibreXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, Legacy Powerbloc2, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    450

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Hi Caelin.
    Could you tell me when the new SigmaV2 will be available for the European market (Schuko)
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000S V2 / Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NR V1 (3) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Farad Súper 3 LPS (2) for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch and IPS Modem-Router / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).


  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    297

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Yes, we have EU models in inventory now. We are working with our EU distributors to get them into the countries. However, as you know the CCP-Virus has many businesses and entire countries closed down. So contact your country's Shunyata distributor please and ask them what they can do. Look on our website the list of distributors.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

    http://shunyata.com

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    450

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Oh Caelin, after two Denali, four Sigma NR and two Alpha NR, I assure you I know who the distribuidor
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000S V2 / Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NR V1 (3) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Farad Súper 3 LPS (2) for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch and IPS Modem-Router / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).


  24. #24

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    Yes, we have EU models in inventory now. We are working with our EU distributors to get them into the countries. However, as you know the CCP-Virus has many businesses and entire countries closed down. So contact your country's Shunyata distributor please and ask them what they can do. Look on our website the list of distributors.
    Hi Caelin,

    Is the major and only difference between a Sigma NR and Sigma NR V2 the new VTX silver conductor?

    Outside of the physical appearance of the cable.

    Additionally, do you feel that it will be worthwhile for me to try out the Sigma XC to replace an original Sigma HC on my Denali 6000T to the wall?

    In the previous generation, many felt that it wouldn't be worthwhile given the cost to upgrade from an original Sigma HC to a Sigma EF. For conditioner to wall connection.

    However, was curious if the leap this generation might be worth a try.

    The new V2 cables I'm sure will be a great success and hope all is well in WA state. Reading the news about COVID-19 :-(

    Looking forward to your Denali 8/8000T and its eventual release as well.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    297

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Oh Caelin, after two Denali, four Sigma NR and two Alpha NR, I assure you I know who the distribuidor
    Yes, I was fairly confident that you would know
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

    http://shunyata.com

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    297

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Hi Caelin,

    Is the major and only difference between a Sigma NR and Sigma NR V2 the new VTX silver conductor?

    Outside of the physical appearance of the cable.

    Additionally, do you feel that it will be worthwhile for me to try out the Sigma XC to replace an original Sigma HC on my Denali 6000T to the wall?

    In the previous generation, many felt that it wouldn't be worthwhile given the cost to upgrade from an original Sigma HC to a Sigma EF. For conditioner to wall connection.

    However, was curious if the leap this generation might be worth a try.

    The new V2 cables I'm sure will be a great success and hope all is well in WA state. Reading the news about COVID-19 :-(

    Looking forward to your Denali 8/8000T and its eventual release as well.
    The differences between v1 series and v2 series cables include the conductors, connectors and the NR filters.

    The most significant change is, of course, the conductors which is the heart and soul of a power cable. Pardon me if I pull content from the brochure:



    VTX-AG CONDUCTORS
    Reference NR Series cables feature an advancement in conductor technology that combines the transient speed and definition of pure silver with the warmth, power, and body of pure copper. VTX-Ag has a core conductor of pure silver with an outer concentric conductor of high-purity OFE copper. VTX-Ag provides significant improvements in dynamics, timing precision, and low-level resolution while preserving the subtle tonal, textural, and timbral signatures that bring music to life.
    The NR filters have been improved also supplying better purity of tone and improved transient speed.

    ADVANCED NOISE REDUCTION
    Noise is an insidious problem that originates from many sources, including audio components themselves. Shunyata Research power cords employ proprietary internal noise reduction filters that intercept noise, preventing it from propagating to other components. NR filters are specifically engineered to be non-reactive and compatible with all power supply designs including high-power amplifiers. This multi-element, wide- bandwidth noise-reduction technology was developed by Shunyata Research’s medical division, Clear Image Scientific, to improve the performance of medical imaging systems in cardiology and neurosurgery.
    And finally, the new connectors are not just beautiful they functionally improve performance.

    CopperCONNTM CONNECTORS
    Shunyata Research has developed its own line of CopperCONNTM connectors that feature solid copper contacts and true carbon-fiber head-shells (Alpha and Sigma models) that have anti-vibration qualities. These connectors are not just beautiful; they functionally reduce micro-distortions due to the carbon fiber’s unique energy absorbing vibration reduction qualities.

    Additionally, do you feel that it will be worthwhile for me to try out the Sigma XC to replace an original Sigma HC on my Denali 6000T to the wall?

    In the previous generation, many felt that it wouldn't be worthwhile given the cost to upgrade from an original Sigma HC to a Sigma EF. For conditioner to wall connection.

    However, was curious if the leap this generation might be worth a try.
    Well I don't want to put anyone into a panic or anything, but the new Reference NR v2 Series cables are a major advancement over the equivalent v1 model. The differences are immediately apparent in an A-B comparison. It is not at all subtle.

    Is it worth upgrading to the Sigma XC? That is a value judgement and only your enjoyment versus pocketbook can answer that. But from an absolute performance perspective -- there is no doubt, none.

    You might seek out SCAudiophile. I think he is on this forum. He has a Sigma XC that replaced a Sigma NR v1 on his Triton v3 / Typhon QR rig. He would be a good source of first hand information.

    I hope this helps,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

    http://shunyata.com

  27. #27

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Thank you.

    However, I should clarify that I would be considering upgrading my original Sigma HC to a Sigma XC. For Denali to Wall.

    So, should be quite a jump in performance given that is two generations.

  28. #28

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Hi Caelin,

    Is the major and only difference between a Sigma NR and Sigma NR V2 the new VTX silver conductor?

    Outside of the physical appearance of the cable.

    Additionally, do you feel that it will be worthwhile for me to try out the Sigma XC to replace an original Sigma HC on my Denali 6000T to the wall?

    In the previous generation, many felt that it wouldn't be worthwhile given the cost to upgrade from an original Sigma HC to a Sigma EF. For conditioner to wall connection.

    However, was curious if the leap this generation might be worth a try.

    The new V2 cables I'm sure will be a great success and hope all is well in WA state. Reading the news about COVID-19 :-(

    Looking forward to your Denali 8/8000T and its eventual release as well.
    Hi Mpd632,
    I've been testing the new Sigma XC for about a week now, and in my testing it is ideal as a power cable for power distributors/conditioner e.g. Denalis, Triton V3s, etc. No, wait, It is frickin' amazing as a power cord for power conditioners.

    The new Sigma XC (and the new Sigma NR v2) represent signficant improvement over the previous generations Sigma power cords, and in my experience, provide a completely new and "breakthrough" level of improvement.

    I'll be posting my review of the new Sigma NR (which COMPLETELY blew my mind) v2 shortly, but let me speak to the new XC:

    The new XC is not quite as quiet as the new Sigma NR V2 PC (as you would expect from not having an NR noise filter). Instead it trades off incredible speed, dynamics, quickness for some degree of noise reduction functionality. It has a beautiful crisp and clean musical presentation that reminds me of a medium-format photograph from the 100 megapixel Fujfilm GFX100.

    Using the Sigma XC, the presenation is FAST, FAST, FAST and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN and CRISP, but never edgy, glare-y or strident. Again, think of perfectly sharp photo from the GFX100.

    Dynamic Transient Current Delivery (DTCD) is the key functional response for this type of power cord, and the new Sigma XC delivers DTCD at a level of performance that I have, quite simply, never experienced before.

    In summing up: for PDs (power distributors), the new Sigma XC sets new performance for this type of power cord. I know that statement might sound familiar from other audio reviews, but let state this again: I have NEVER experienced the degree of improvement from power cords that I've experienced from the new Sigma XC and NR v2 PCs.

    For components, the new Sigma NR v2 is gobsmackingly-good. More on that baby shortly.

    Hope this helps and happy to answer any other questions.

  29. #29

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Thank you.

    However, I should clarify that I would be considering upgrading my original Sigma HC to a Sigma XC. For Denali to Wall.

    So, should be quite a jump in performance given that is two generations.
    Oh, man, you have no idea of how much of a jump this will be....

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    308

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Hi Mpd632,
    I've been testing the new Sigma XC for about a week now, and in my testing it is ideal as a power cable for power distributors/conditioner e.g. Denalis, Triton V3s, etc. No, wait, It is frickin' amazing as a power cord for power conditioners.

    The new Sigma XC (and the new Sigma NR v2) represent signficant improvement over the previous generations Sigma power cords, and in my experience, provide a completely new and "breakthrough" level of improvement.

    I'll be posting my review of the new Sigma NR (which COMPLETELY blew my mind) v2 shortly, but let me speak to the new XC:

    The new XC is not quite as quiet as the new Sigma NR V2 PC (as you would expect from not having an NR noise filter). Instead it trades off incredible speed, dynamics, quickness for some degree of noise reduction functionality. It has a beautiful crisp and clean musical presentation that reminds me of a medium-format photograph from the 100 megapixel Fujfilm GFX100.

    Using the Sigma XC, the presenation is FAST, FAST, FAST and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN and CRISP, but never edgy, glare-y or strident. Again, think of perfectly sharp photo from the GFX100.

    Dynamic Transient Current Delivery (DTCD) is the key functional response for this type of power cord, and the new Sigma XC delivers DTCD at a level of performance that I have, quite simply, never experienced before.

    In summing up: for PDs (power distributors), the new Sigma XC sets new performance for this type of power cord. I know that statement might sound familiar from other audio reviews, but let state this again: I have NEVER experienced the degree of improvement from power cords that I've experienced from the new Sigma XC and NR v2 PCs.

    For components, the new Sigma NR v2 is gobsmackingly-good. More on that baby shortly.

    Hope this helps and happy to answer any other questions.
    This a tough act to follow Puma so I will simply note that "YES, ME TOO" on all the points you mention. For added details, the new conductors and connectors
    in and off themselves on the Sigma v2 (both types) and Alpha NR v2 (I have been running Alpha NR V2s and Sigma NR v2s for quite a few weeks) are quite
    literally a drastic sea change in sound profile overall that have added to Shunyata power cords incredible pacing, transparency, dynamic range, sound stage
    accuracy and specificity to AND tonal accuracy AND dimension (as if the foregoing were not enough) over and above the prior generations. This seriously, an
    entire new level of play (or playback as the case may be) and the difference to my ears is night and day over the prior generation.

    For XC, power conditioners definitely benefit and NR, anything with a digital circuit in it of any kind will quickly show you what this latest generation is made of.

    *A word on budget, cost of upgrade, ROI, etc....if for some reason jumping to Sigma NR v2 or XC v2 is not feasible and your sitting at prior Sigma or Anaconda
    of any kind, I would heartily recommend jumping up to Alpha V2 if Sigma is not attainable. The 2 Alpha NR V2s I am running now besting the prior Sigma NR (v1) cables
    I was using, hands-down, no b.s. Floored me and I'm still amazed at what I heard.

    Alpha NR V2 (and XC I would guess) are "the" sweet spot in the line. I have told Caelin on countless occasions that I cannot believe still just what Alpha NR v2 did
    in my system and at what is relatively speaking a bargain price.
    Legacy Audio CalibreXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, Legacy Powerbloc2, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

  31. #31

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    This a tough act to follow Puma so I will simply note that "YES, ME TOO" on all the points you mention. For added details, the new conductors and connectors
    in and off themselves on the Sigma v2 (both types) and Alpha NR v2 (I have been running Alpha NR V2s and Sigma NR v2s for quite a few weeks) are quite
    literally a drastic sea change in sound profile overall that have added to Shunyata power cords incredible pacing, transparency, dynamic range, sound stage
    accuracy and specificity to AND tonal accuracy AND dimension (as if the foregoing were not enough) over and above the prior generations. This seriously, an
    entire new level of play (or playback as the case may be) and the difference to my ears is night and day over the prior generation.

    For XC, power conditioners definitely benefit and NR, anything with a digital circuit in it of any kind will quickly show you what this latest generation is made of.

    *A word on budget, cost of upgrade, ROI, etc....if for some reason jumping to Sigma NR v2 or XC v2 is not feasible and your sitting at prior Sigma or Anaconda
    of any kind, I would heartily recommend jumping up to Alpha V2 if Sigma is not attainable. The 2 Alpha NR V2s I am running now besting the prior Sigma NR (v1) cables
    I was using, hands-down, no b.s. Floored me and I'm still amazed at what I heard.

    Alpha NR V2 (and XC I would guess) are "the" sweet spot in the line. I have told Caelin on countless occasions that I cannot believe still just what Alpha NR v2 did
    in my system and at what is relatively speaking a bargain price.
    Yup! That sums it up....

  32. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    26

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    I know what the message is regarding powercord into the Triton V3. But did anyone actually had the chance to compare an XC vs Sigma V2 NR into a Triton V3?

    Since I use one with multi amps that one seems logical to run XC into but the other one full of electronics mostly digital gear. Wouldnt noise reduction win over absolute current delivery? Is there something I am missing in the picture here?

  33. #33
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    17,201

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Welcome to the forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Crion View Post
    I know what the message is regarding powercord into the Triton V3. But did anyone actually had the chance to compare an XC vs Sigma V2 NR into a Triton V3?

    Since I use one with multi amps that one seems logical to run XC into but the other one full of electronics mostly digital gear. Wouldnt noise reduction win over absolute current delivery? Is there something I am missing in the picture here?
    Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

    Luxman 590AXII (incoming), Job INTegrated

    Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

    Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (x 2 - one as backup), First Watt F7 (incoming), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

    RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ SE upgrades.

    Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

  34. #34

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Crion View Post
    I know what the message is regarding powercord into the Triton V3. But did anyone actually had the chance to compare an XC vs Sigma V2 NR into a Triton V3?

    Since I use one with multi amps that one seems logical to run XC into but the other one full of electronics mostly digital gear. Wouldnt noise reduction win over absolute current delivery? Is there something I am missing in the picture here?
    No. For a power cord powering a Triton V3, the XC would be the better choice because it has improved DTCD functionality over, say, a Sigma NR V2. While you certainly can power a Triton with a Sigma NR V2 and get superb, excellent performance, the fact of the matter is the XC works and sounds better than a Sigma NR V2 when it comes to powering a PD (power distributor). I've done this comparison directly using Denali V2, and Denali should be very comparable to Triton V3 with respect to powering components (Triton V3 has a more sophisticated *NR grounding* system, but that's an aside to this discussion).

    Your Triton V3 will provide sufficient NR for the components plugged into it. If you want to improve this further, put a Shunyata NR PC on each component that is plugged into your Triton V3. This will provide an addtional level of noise reduction from noise coming back out from the component's internal PS. If you have 100% digital components (i.e, there is no D/A conversion), say, a streamer, network bridge, Ethernet switch, FMC, router, music server, use a Venon V14D Digital. If by digital, you mean a DAC or disc player, use a Venom NR-V10 or higher NR PC.

    NR PC for components, XC PCs for PDs. There's another post here describing the differences and rationale as how to most effectively use the new NR v2 and XC PCs.

  35. #35

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    No. For a power cord powering a Triton V3, the XC would be the better choice because it has improved DTCD functionality over, say, a Sigma NR V2. While you certainly can power a Triton with a Sigma NR V2 and get superb, excellent performance, the fact of the matter is the XC works and sounds better than a Sigma NR V2 when it comes to powering a PD (power distributor). I've done this comparison directly using Denali V2, and Denali should be very comparable to Triton V3 with respect to powering components (Triton V3 has a more sophisticated *NR grounding* system, but that's an aside to this discussion).

    Your Triton V3 will provide sufficient NR for the components plugged into it. If you want to improve this further, put a Shunyata NR PC on each component that is plugged into your Triton V3. This will provide an addtional level of noise reduction from noise coming back out from the component's internal PS. If you have 100% digital components (i.e, there is no D/A conversion), say, a streamer, network bridge, Ethernet switch, FMC, router, music server, use a Venon V14D Digital. If by digital, you mean a DAC or disc player, use a Venom NR-V10 or higher NR PC.

    NR PC for components, XC PCs for PDs. There's another post here describing the differences and rationale as how to most effectively use the new NR v2 and XC PCs.
    Is the DTCD better on the models without the filters? Due to the noise filter itself limiting DTCD?

  36. #36

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Is the DTCD better on the models without the filters? Due to the noise filter itself limiting DTCD?
    No, the DTCD is same....

    The NR PCs were designed to prevent noise from the components internal power supply from coming back out of the component to be distributed to the rest of the power distribution chain.

    There is no reason for a power cord powering a power distributor (PD) to use an NR filter because a power distributor not have a power supply.

    So...
    XCs for PDs
    NRs for components

  37. #37

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    No, the DTCD is same....

    The NR PCs were designed to prevent noise from the components internal power supply from coming back out of the component to be distributed to the rest of the power distribution chain.

    There is no reason for a power cord powering a power distributor (PD) to use an NR filter because a power distributor not have a power supply.

    So...
    XCs for PDs
    NRs for components

    Understood and agree. I was just confused from this post of yours.

    If the conductor and cable is the same and only difference being the NR circuit. Then I assumed the NR circuit in some fashion limited DTCD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    No. For a power cord powering a Triton V3, the XC would be the better choice because it has improved DTCD functionality over, say, a Sigma NR V2. While you certainly can power a Triton with a Sigma NR V2 and get superb, excellent performance, the fact of the matter is the XC works and sounds better than a Sigma NR V2 when it comes to powering a PD (power distributor). I've done this comparison directly using Denali V2, and Denali should be very comparable to Triton V3 with respect to powering components (Triton V3 has a more sophisticated *NR grounding* system, but that's an aside to this discussion).

    Your Triton V3 will provide sufficient NR for the components plugged into it. If you want to improve this further, put a Shunyata NR PC on each component that is plugged into your Triton V3. This will provide an addtional level of noise reduction from noise coming back out from the component's internal PS. If you have 100% digital components (i.e, there is no D/A conversion), say, a streamer, network bridge, Ethernet switch, FMC, router, music server, use a Venon V14D Digital. If by digital, you mean a DAC or disc player, use a Venom NR-V10 or higher NR PC.

    NR PC for components, XC PCs for PDs. There's another post here describing the differences and rationale as how to most effectively use the new NR v2 and XC PCs.

  38. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    While I would like to upgrade, being retired has me a bit hesitant about spending money. I would need three Sigma XCs, and three Sigma NRs. That adds up fast.
    Bud

    Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

    Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

    Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

  39. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    26

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    BlueFox, see it from a positive side, finally the VTX-Ag is here with an improved NR. For me this signals that there will be some real tangible sonic benefits. You could start with one XC and one NR on your frontend, see where it takes you. I did order 2+2 and yes it quickly adds up, perhaps more than a refresh of 4 cables should do.

    For me the Sigma Digital V1 didn't have that ease of flow which I got more from my Furutech NCF/DPS4.1 loom on my preamp. I hope that the NR2 will bring that ease as well as fantastic noise reduction, hopefully it will be the best of both worlds.

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    393

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Crion , welcome to the forum.
    Flemming

  41. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    720

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post

    ..There is no reason for a power cord powering a power distributor (PD) to use an NR filter because a power distributor not have a power supply.
    The reasoning is difficult to follow. Having seen the YouTube video of what the NR technology does, putting a NR between the wall and the power distributor sees the noise reduction benefit of that one cable shared to all those components connected to the power distributor i.e. stop the noise before it gets distributed anywhere else.
    Speakers: Magico M3, Q3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma
    On order: YG Acoustics Rack 1.4

  42. #42
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    The reasoning is difficult to follow. Having seen the YouTube video of what the NR technology does, putting a NR between the wall and the power distributor sees the noise reduction benefit of that one cable shared to all those components connected to the power distributor i.e. stop the noise before it gets distributed anywhere else.
    It’s not needed. The Shunyata power distributor already has the NR technology in it. Why pay for something you won’t need?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  43. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    136

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    What if you are using a AQ Niagara 7000 or 5000? Still Sigma XC? Or best to stick with AQ power cords?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    720

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It’s not needed. The Shunyata power distributor already has the NR technology in it.
    Unfortunately some of us are unable to buy a Shunyata power distributor and need to rely on something else.
    Speakers: Magico M3, Q3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma
    On order: YG Acoustics Rack 1.4

  45. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    450

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    Yes, I was fairly confident that you would know
    I definitely think the best thing for me is going to be misplacing your dealer's address. Two days ago I ordered a new Sigma XC
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000S V2 / Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NR V1 (3) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Farad Súper 3 LPS (2) for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch and IPS Modem-Router / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).


  46. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    26

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    I hope we will be celebrating soon. 😃

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    450

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    By the way, if someone in Europe (Schuko) is interested I am selling my Sigma NR, C19 connector at a good price.
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000S V2 / Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NR V1 (3) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Farad Súper 3 LPS (2) for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch and IPS Modem-Router / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).


  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    450

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Erased
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000S V2 / Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NR V1 (3) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Farad Súper 3 LPS (2) for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch and IPS Modem-Router / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).


  49. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    26

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Got a 5 week ETA time, built to order on 4 EU sigmaxc/alphanr cables message from dealer. Does this sound right?

  50. #50

    Re: Shunyata Reference Series V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Crion View Post
    Got a 5 week ETA time, built to order on 4 EU sigmaxc/alphanr cables message from dealer. Does this sound right?
    That seems about right for an international order. I know it can sometimes take a week or so for the order to move through Shunyata's manufacturing system.

    As best as I understand it, Shunyata is "LEAN" with respect to manufacturing, which means they build products based on customer "pull". This is the best way for a company to manufacture products as it drives maximal quality and consistency, and allows the company to be profitable (and it's those profits that are used to fund R&D for new products). It also benefits the customer by keeping the price down compared to "batch and queue" manufacturing, where there are considerable costs associated with holding a large amount of manufactured products in inventory, which results in higher prices for customers.

    So, almost all orders are built-to-order.

    Then it might take a week or so to ship to Sweden and it likely will take a minimum of a week to clear customs in Sweden, then some time to get from customs to the distributor, then to the retailer, then to you.

    By way of example, I ordered a DC cable from Ghent Audio in China last year and the cable was manufactured in one day, then sat at China PO Customs for two weeks prior to be shipped out to me in the USA. So, it took 3 weeks to get to me, even though Ghent had it manufactured within a day or so.

    So...with a back of the envelope calculation, the lead time seems about right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Shunyata Reference Series V2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •