Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vitus SIA-025 dream gear

I finally bit the bullet and bought my dream gear. I've been interested in this integrated for years, and finally did it thanks to Mike

I've only got a a few hours on it, but right out of the box the warmth, richness, detail, imaging is AMAZING!! The building quality is stunning, and my back is still recovering from moving this 100lb monster.

I'll post some more pics, a video or two, and more thoughts here as i get more hours on it...to say I'm ecstatic with my purchase would be a HUGE under statement!! The sound is EXACTLY what i was looking for!!! Amazing for 25 watts class A and 150w A/B...I've only listened in class A though

Opening box pics - sorry for the overload

On a side note - Mike is the man and a real asset to audiophiles everywhere - HIGHLY recommended

Super Moderator

Re: Vitus SIA-025 dream gear

Congratulations !!! OMG! What a beautiful integrated. I can only imagine how great it sounds.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Heard this piece over the weekend- it was indeed gorgeous! I think the Vitus and Dart are the best integrateds out there (and have a price that goes with it).
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Way to go Bryan!

Once you get your S5's settled in I'm gonna have to come up for a listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Audioshark

Congrats Bryan! VITUS!!!!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Congrats Bryan I've always been intrigued by Vitus. Looks and I am sure sounds great.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Congrats! I bet SIA-025 sounds as beautiful as it looks.

I'm on the prowl for a 175+ w/c integrated to position between an Esoteric K-03X cd/dac and B&W 803 D2's that delivers more bass power and definition than does my Ayre AX 5 Twenty that currently occupies the space. For my budget, the RI-100 seems to come awfully close to meeting my needs. But I'm troubled by NG's comment in his 5/13 TAS review of the 100:

"...if you’re seeking orchestral levels in a large space with only a moderately sensitive loudspeaker, the RI-100 would brilliantly fill the bill. But perhaps your tastes run more to smaller-scale music such as soloists and chamber groups....In such a case, the SIA-025 could be the better choice."

Well, dang it! I listen to both equally.

.....oh, and I can only afford the RI-100!

Vitus Class A and Magico is a superb combination !
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    .....oh, and I can only afford the RI-100!
    It's true that the SIAO25 has the Vitus Class A magic, and could sound better to you on small scale music, BUT if you don't have it in the same room to compare the RI-100 although great at large scale music is also very good at smaller scale music....maybe not to the level of the SIA O25 but it has it's own thing going on that really is very good in it's own right.

Class A or bust ! ha ha
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Class A or bust ! ha ha
    Agreed, sell the boat, sell the third car Class A or bust

SIA-25, 011, 101/102/103 - they are all fantastic and phenomenal match with Magico. I don't think there is another amp right now I would rather own with my S5 mk 2 over those Danish masterpieces.
    Adam

SIA-25, 011, 101/102/103 - they are all fantastic and phenomenal match with Magico. I don't think there is another amp right now I would rather own with my S5 mk 2 over those Danish masterpieces.
    Hey Adam,

I had an interesting experience. I was LOVING my S7's and thought the S5II's were very good, but I was favoring the S7's. Then I got the S1II's and I found that they did some things, even though not providing the extension of the S7's that were mesmerizing....especially "focus" of the soundstage and imaging in general.

Then I connected the S5II's back up and was surprised that I "missed it" earlier. The S5II's are more similar in sound to the S1II's EXCEPT with full bass extension. I'm now REALLY loving the S5II's. The S7's are great speakers as well, but I see them now for larger spaces. The S5II, for me, is the current "sweet spot" of the line-up.

Next week M3's arriving

Like KC, an old friend of mine from the "Sunshine Band" said so many times, "Get Down Tonight"! Congratulations on your integrated, it's beautiful. Mack

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Hey Adam,

I had an interesting experience. I was LOVING my S7's and thought the S5II's were very good, but I was favoring the S7's. Then I got the S1II's and I found that they did some things, even though not providing the extension of the S7's that were mesmerizing....especially "focus" of the soundstage and imaging in general.

Then I connected the S5II's back up and was surprised that I "missed it" earlier. The S5II's are more similar in sound to the S1II's EXCEPT with full bass extension. I'm now REALLY loving the S5II's. The S7's are great speakers as well, but I see them now for larger spaces. The S5II, for me, is the current "sweet spot" of the line-up.

Next week M3's arriving
    That is true. I guess they will remain Magico's bestseller ... at least untill the more managable S3 mk 2 arrive later this year.

I would love to hear the new M3.
    Adam

Agreed, sell the boat, sell the third car Class A or bust
    hmmm......clearly, your philosophy as a seller does not match my philosophy as a potential buyer.

Thank goodness Vitus offers alternatives in the USofA.

hmmm......clearly, your philosophy as a seller does not match my philosophy as a potential buyer.

I believe Rob meant that as a joke
    Adam

Never heard Vitus. How does it compare to Pass?
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Thx Adam, it was a joke

I was kidding around with Adam....it was a joke.

This was my serious answer to you from above-

It's true that the SIAO25 has the Vitus Class A magic, and could sound better to you on small scale music, BUT if you don't have it in the same room to compare the RI-100 although great at large scale music is also very good at smaller scale music....maybe not to the level of the SIA O25 but it has it's own thing going on that really is very good in it's own right.

And I would not sell Vitus to you anyway, you were already talking to Mike regarding Vitus, although as I mentioned in another post even if you were buying from Mike I would always be glad to let you have a listen to the RI100 if you were in NYC. I have no idea where you are located.

Sorry for trying to help out...all the best!

Well, OK. I just really like my boat. And my third car.

I'm curious about the "more manageable " S3 comment. Is that financially more manageable or otherwise? Thanks.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Our M3s/Mpods shipped yesterday from Magico, eta - Tuesday

Audioshark

Our M3s/Mpods shipped yesterday from Magico, eta - Tuesday
    My M3's with MPOD's are on their way too! Exciting times.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My M3's with MPOD's are on their way too! Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    I'm curious about the "more manageable " S3 comment. Is that financially more manageable or otherwise? Thanks.
    Hey Jim, I didn't make the comment but imho the S3's are not more manageable sonically than the S5II or the S7. Financially yes, but not sonically.....All of the latest S series are quite something sonically.

Hello everybody. New to the forum,
    I understand that Vitus SIA-025 has been upgraded slightly at the end of 2015. Does any forum member have any additional info on the upgrades/changes and how they affect the sound quality vs the older version? I am trying to mach my YG Carmels with a "super" integrated (Vitus SIA-025 or Ypsilon Phaethon) Anyone tried the combo? Finally I am thinking of adding a Raidho D1.1 in the future and I am wondering if Vitus SIA-025 will be the right mach given the known mid-bass hump of Raidho's. Thoughts/Ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Spyros

Super Moderator

Welcome Sryros! Thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by nextlevel View Post
    ....I understand that Vitus SIA-025 has been upgraded slightly at the end of 2015. Does any forum member have any additional info on the upgrades/changes and how they affect the sound quality vs the older version?....
    I have found Vitus to be responsive to inquiries fairly rapidly (even during August, when I thought all of Europe was on holiday!).

You can email them at info@vitusaudio.com. Or maybe the dealers here who represent them will respond.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by nextlevel View Post
    Hello everybody. New to the forum,
    I understand that Vitus SIA-025 has been upgraded slightly at the end of 2015. Does any forum member have any additional info on the upgrades/changes and how they affect the sound quality vs the older version? I am trying to mach my YG Carmels with a "super" integrated (Vitus SIA-025 or Ypsilon Phaethon) Anyone tried the combo? Finally I am thinking of adding a Raidho D1.1 in the future and I am wondering if Vitus SIA-025 will be the right mach given the known mid-bass hump of Raidho's. Thoughts/Ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Spyros
    I think others are having better success controlling the infamous Raidho mid-bass hump with the Devialet. I think a 400 would work nicely with the D1.1's using SAM.

Here's what Devialet SAM did for the D1's: http://en.devialet.com/sam-ready-spe...idho/raidho-d1

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome Sryros! Thank you for joining.
    Joe, Thanks for the warm welcome.

Super Moderator

My pleasure, happy you joined.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

I too am considering a SIA-025 for my S3's. I emailed Vitus and they responded very quickly. I asked if the unit was scheduled for a refresh or replacement soon. They replied no, stating it was the single best selling product they produce. It will take a lot of convincing to give up my Rogers Class A tube with considerably more power, but I may…….
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Stillpoints Ultra SS x 4 arrived to support the SIA-025. This is to replace HRS Nimbus couplers. Dealer said Stillpoints are a must to get the best from Vitus.

Last edited by joeinid; October 17, 2016 at 08:34 AM.

I too am considering a SIA-025 for my S3's. I emailed Vitus and they responded very quickly. I asked if the unit was scheduled for a refresh or replacement soon. They replied no, stating it was the single best selling product they produce. It will take a lot of convincing to give up my Rogers Class A tube with considerably more power, but I may…….
    Dont give up your tubes before trying out the SIA-025. There is something Tubes give to the sound SS Amps can not do.......

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    Stillpoints Ultra SS x 4 arrived to support the SIA-025. This is to replace HRS Nimbus couplers. Dealer said Stillpoints are a must to get the best from Vitus.

+ 1 .

Thanks Stump. The Rogers is quite "under loved", and not very "commercial", but it sounds very nice, but it's ugly as hell and very large. I've owned Vitus gear previously, but not the Class-A. It's built like a tank and I liked it. I'm waiting for someone to convince me. Maybe Bob from Rhapsody. He's heard both, quite the professional and highly knowledgeable . Tough to "tryout" a 100lb. amp at home...

Thanks Stump. The Rogers is quite "under loved", and not very "commercial", but it sounds very nice, but it's ugly as hell and very large. I've owned Vitus gear previously, but not the Class-A. It's built like a tank and I liked it. I'm waiting for someone to convince me. Maybe Bob from Rhapsody. He's heard both, quite the professional and highly knowledgeable . Tough to "tryout" a 100lb. amp at home...
    Howdy Jim, thx for the nice words. Hard to really give much or an opinion as BOTH are very nice amplifiers, personally I think it would come down to personal preference after listening to both in ones system. I know that I have never been happier with amplification since starting to listen to Vitus Class A amps about a year ago. It's all that I personally listen to and never think about whether it sounds like SS or tubes, it just sounds like music....3D, holographic, layering, dimensional, crazy wide and deep soundstage, world class bass, authority, weight....it has it all for me.

It has a lot to do with the room, speakers and the rest of the system. If it's all done right then the Vitus Class A sound is pretty darn good.

I would say that the Vitus Class A gear is in a different league than the Vitus AB mode.

I personally don't feel a need for tubes any longer after loving tubes since the 70's.....go figure

One last thing is that it's not really fair to just swap out a key component or speaker without then optimizing the system with the "new ingredient" into the equation/recipe.

If the system was optimized for the Rogers, possibly if the Vitus replaced the Rogers, to get the most out of the system and the music that it is producing you might have to "tinker" with a few other variables in the equation, in order to have an overall optimized system with the new amp/Vitus.

Who knows???....so many variables and personal preference involved. Pretty much mental gymnastics unless you can connect things up, give it a listen, then you have more than just conjecture.

Thanks Bob. All things normal. Totally confused. Sometimes, it's best to do nothing….

Audioshark

Thanks Bob. All things normal. Totally confused. Sometimes, it's best to do nothing….
    Jim - you live in Florida now, come on over any time for a listen any time. You have to hear the Magico M3's with Vitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Jim - you live in Florida now, come on over any time for a listen any time. You have to hear the Magico M3's with Vitus.

Hi Mike
    Did you ever try your Mezzo XD with SIA-025 ?
    I will have this opportunity soon, will share my impressions.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Marslo View Post
    Hi Mike
    Did you ever try your Mezzo XD with SIA-025 ?
    I will have this opportunity soon, will share my impressions.
    No, but I tried my Vitus SS-103 and SL102 Mk2. Fabulous!

Ok, thank you, rather promising
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Thanks for the very kind offer Mike. I'd like that. Especially if we could do it when Joe and some of the other guys are visiting. Meeting you and the other guys would be the highlight. My audio-envy would be the hangover…...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Vitus SIA-025 dream gear