Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: WTB EML or KR Audio tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Cool stuff! I definitely want one of those Lampi KR 5U4G's. Are those output tubes going to be Lampi branded as well? Which output tube do you guys think would be best?
    He is talking up the PX25 a lot!

Not sure if other Kron tubes will be branded...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    I have a GG coming with 242 and this recti.
    Holy Moley! Sweeeeet combo.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

I wonder if Lukasz has any KR 5U4G left to send here to me

Quote Originally Posted by deuter View Post
    I wonder if Lukasz has any KR 5U4G left to send here to me
    If not, try the regular Kron 5u4g recti.
    NORMAN

would it surpass the EML 5U4G by miles :0

I paid $100 for the EML tube and love it

would it surpass the EML 5U4G by miles :0

I paid $100 for the EML tube and love it
    Yes it will. You will get your EML money back easily if you sell it

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    He is talking up the PX25 a lot!

Not sure if other Kron tubes will be branded...
    PX25 is a type of PX4. These are the only tubes made specially for audio (other tubes being made for radio etc)

Why are these tubes so pricey while something like sovtek cost nothing really.

There is a big variation in tube sound and gases and anodes used on tubes and the resulting sounds. The original WE 300bs, for example, are well worth it if you can spare 5 - 10k

The 242's are said to last about 10,000 hours as per KR Audio.
    I guess we pay for the reliability too.

You mean the recti?

If so, the vacuum seal is enormous and will ensure the recti lasts a LOT longer. Recall the recti is the most stressed tube in the Dac and typically will last about 2 years of full out use. So the Kron will be a longevity champ. Cant speak for SQ as I have not heard it yet.

I personally have 12 rectis and most are vintage, so I am set for at least 20 years. LoL
    NORMAN

The 242's are said to last about 10,000 hours as per KR Audio.
    I guess we pay for the reliability too.
    Dont mix DHT and recti discussions in the Dac. They have vastly different life expectancies.

All DHTs (other than Elrog early edition) should last at least 10 years.
    NORMAN

Cause the sound better. LoL

Someone speculated that WE tubes were VERY pricey back in the day and when you take inflation into acount, the costs of the mint vinage tubes are about the same now as then when purchasing power parity is factored in...
    NORMAN

I have a GG coming with 242 and this recti.
    Congratulations Ked.
    I will get a set of KR tubes this weekend- a pair of 242 and recti. Hope it will be better than EML Anniversary wich did not convince me to switch from 101 D WE replicas.

Enjoy your GG look forward to hear from you about the improvement compared to B7.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Quote Originally Posted by Marslo View Post
    Congratulations Ked.
    I will get a set of KR tubes this weekend- a pair of 242 and recti. Hope it will be better than EML Anniversary wich did not convince me to switch from 101 D WE replicas.

Enjoy your GG look forward to hear from you about the improvement compared to B7.
    He will struggle since he does not own an amp or speakers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    You mean the recti?

If so, the vacuum seal is enormous and will ensure the recti lasts a LOT longer. Recall the recti is the most stressed tube in the Dac and typically will last about 2 years of full out use. So the Kron will be a longevity champ. Cant speak for SQ as I have not heard it yet.

I personally have 12 rectis and most are vintage, so I am set for at least 20 years. LoL
    I will be able to inform of sonic qualities tomorrow when mine arrives.

Congratulations Ked.

What rectifier did you order ?

I might have triggered this whole 242 purchase spree.
    Eunice might go what the hell is going on, the batch was built earlier this year. But at this rate they will all be gone soon.

I did ask Lukasz about the KR Lampizator 5U4G and his response was interesting.
    Won't disclose it here as it might be a little controversial.

Eunice might go what the hell is going on, the batch was built earlier this year. But at this rate they will all be gone soon.

Ked has not been influenced by this. We both heard my (at the time) 242's on his big 7 ages ago - it made his big 7 approach my GG and from that moment on, he bought some. I also had the Kr 274b recti, which is also very good.

What did Lukasz say about the 5U4G - we like a little controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile bill View Post
    Ked has not been influenced by this. We both heard my (at the time) 242's on his big 7 ages ago - it made his big 7 approach my GG and from that moment on, he bought some. I also had the Kr 274b recti, which is also very good.

What did Lukasz say about the 5U4G - we like a little controversy.
    PM me and I will advise.

I will buy directly from Lukasz, will see him this weekend.
    To be honest I just ordered the set of KR , did not ask about the specific recti. I am sure he will offer what he thinks is the best match.
    For time being I have RCA 5r4gy brown base with 101d WE replicas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Nice one, not many hours in the day to enjoy the Lampizator

KR installed- first impression very promissing , I agree with Deuter.
    The sound is transparent, dynamic , selective and with good saturation, seems like one level above Psvane 101d . Now a short break in before holidays, for me this set is a keeper.
    I like them more than EML 45 Anniv.

KR installed- first impression very promissing , I agree with Deuter.
    The sound is transparent, dynamic , selective and with good saturation, seems like one level above Psvane 101d . Now a short break in before holidays, for me this set is a keeper.
    I like them more than EML 45 Anniv.
    Hi is this only the KR recti or also the 242? And you prefer the KR 242 to the special globe anniversary 45s?

Twice yes,Sir
    I enclosed the picture of 242 too for you

Twice yes
    I enclosed the pic of 242 to for you
    Thanks I doubt it is possible to beat the 242s on the dynamic/neutral range. To do that, one would have to choose a different color, i.e. 300b, if at all. I want to try something like Elrog or PX4, a different flavor.

I would like to see a compare of the KR 274b with the Tak. Btw, I heard the 274b and this special 5u4g are very different sounding, as Bill has both.

300b is not for me and my setup with Crossfire, to much honey. I had once 300B mesh black globe from Lukasz which he liked very much, not up to my taste .
    Those KR are what I am looking for .
    Didn' t try PCM yet, Haydn cello native dsd from Fone is outstanding.

On a B7 or and Lampi with output lower than say 700mV, the KR242 is indeed a winner. Does not work on my GG though at 2500mv.

I love the EML MG 45 tube. Px4 has potential too...ow I wanna try the px25.

A sleeper is the PSVANE UK Design 300B...relatively cheap and great sounding. A real value play.
    NORMAN

I like the psvane 101d we replica better in my system than the Elrog 300b or Globe Anniversary.
    So, I guess now I have to get myself a 242...

Hi they will not work with your GG unless you get the voltage adjusted

Where is the best place to get a 242?

Deuter, can you pm me, I need a few more posts before I can

Hi they will not work with your GG unless you get the voltage adjusted
    Why not? You mean no. 24. on the specs sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by khonfused View Post
    Why not? You mean no. 24. on the specs sheet?
    Absolute maximum signal volume is 330 mV

Sorry Norman, missed your call. Try again?

Absolute maximum signal volume is 330 mV
    Check with Lukasz if that voltage works.

You can buy the 242 at Lukasz or directly from Kron, but they are usually out of stock and need a batch run

It will work at 330mv and on top its not the R2R module. Eunice Kon contact here:
    http://www.kraudio.com/index.php?opt...mid=10&lang=en
    NORMAN

NORMAN

Where is the best place to get a 242?

Deuter, can you pm me, I need a few more posts before I can
    I have messaged you the contact details to order the KR Tubes.

Thank you.

Audioshark

A new recti to try...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

EML Tubes and boxes are real purdy! LoL
    NORMAN

Audioshark

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

That's awesome Mike, looks so pretty.
    The 45's I take it ?
    They are pointing forward means the mesh will light up and look beautiful.

The 242's are solid plate and there is absolutely no light emitting , a bit boring to look at but the sound takes you by surprise .

Audioshark

That's awesome Mike, looks so pretty.
    The 45's I take it ?
    They are pointing forward means the mesh will light up and look beautiful.

The 242's are solid plate and there is absolutely no light emitting , a bit boring to look at but the sound takes you by surprise .
    Yes, Lampi 45's. I have the Anniversary Globes too.

Up next: a full KR setup. What should I go with?

Yes, Lampi 45's. I have the Anniversary Globes too.

Up next: a full KR setup. What should I go with?

The 242's for DHT if your 7 can handle them (voltage).

For the rectifier see if you can your hands in the new KR Lampizator edition 5U4G.

Audioshark

The 242's for DHT if your 7 can handle them (voltage).

For the rectifier see if you can your hands in the new KR Lampizator edition 5U4G.
    Thanks. I ordered three of those 5U4G's. WTB EML or KR Audio tubes

Thanks. I ordered three of those 5U4G's. WTB EML or KR Audio tubes

Hi heard those 5u4Gs are different from the KR 274bs. So you might not want to order 3 of them, instead get at least one 274b. Amazingly dynamic tube with a wide soundstage and great bass.

Mike,

The 242 is getting very nice feedback for the Dacs with low output voltage (less than 700mV, below 500mV even better).

A new using star is the PX25, which is the Px4 on steroids. AL will soon get that and will share feedback here.

I am hearing good things about the Anniversary KR5u4g. At first I thought it was just a longevity play from the high vacuum, but now I am hearing that its also a SQ improvement thing.

My computer has been acting up, so I a having trouble replying to PMs.
    NORMAN

I checked yesterday KR 242 with RCA 5r4gy recti which I used with 101 D.
    That was quite a surrpise how much recti influence the sound, with RCA it became warmer , less precise and less selective , only a part of the dynamic sound I heard with KR 5u4g.
    Then I switched again to this KR recti and for me there is no way back , especially with DSD . IMO at least 60% of the improvement of the sound with set of KR tubes comes from recti.
    For PCM I am not sure, I still miss something, I had to use different setup of bass satelites because the sound was a bit too bright.
    But for DSD KR 242 with KR 5u4G Lampi edition is a real gem.

I checked yesterday KR 242 with RCA 5r4gy recti which I used with 101 D.
    That was quite a surrpise how much recti influence the sound, with RCA it became warmer , less precise and less selective , only a part of the dynamic I heard with KR 5u4g.
    Then I switched back to this KR recti and for me this is not the way back , especialy with DSD . IMO at least 60% of the improvement of the sound with set of KR tubes comes from recti.
    For PCM I am not sure, I still miss something, I had to use different setup of bass satelites .
    But for DSD KR 242 with KR 5u4G Lampi edition is a real gem.
    Bill said his KR 274b is different from the KR 5u4g. He likes both. 274b is more dynamic.

Actually, I was using a 20 euro recti I had received from Lukasz via Greg. I had tried many rectis from RCA, NU, Psvane 274 replica, etc etc, and liked none. The EML sounded nice enough to stop using the 20 Eur recti. But it was KR that stunned me. EML was sold off in a flash.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

WTB EML or KR Audio tubes