Reference 3s

Randy Myers

I was over at Wyred 4 Sound facilities today. EJ showed me their sound room where they are breaking in his brand new KEF Reference 3s getting them ready for the Newport show. Holy cow those speakers are nice. Way too large for my room in the loft library but definitely has me dreaming about Reference 1s :)....

I was over at Wyred 4 Sound facilities today. EJ showed me their sound room where they are breaking in his brand new KEF Reference 3s getting them ready for the Newport show. Holy cow those speakers are nice. Way too large for my room in the loft library but definitely has me dreaming about Reference 1s :)....

I've always liked Kef, I still have a pair of 140's and a pair of 201/2's. I'm surprised EJ didn't utilize the Kef Blade 2's.

They did actually team up with KEF and used Blade 2s at the RMAF. EJ told me that he was told by KEF that the Blade 2s and Reference 3s used the same drivers and were virtually the same speaker with two difference enclosures. He just wanted the more conventional design to use at shows.

Back