Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....

Would love to read owners (or those who've really heard them) opinions on these little guys.

I admit to having had a brief bad demo one day (with the same day being amazing with Sasha 2) but do not count that day against the Sabrina.

I'd love some honest opinions on these, maybe for a third (Ha!) system.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....

Joe,
    I have spent a ton of time with the Sabrina's. They are one of my favorite speakers. For my ears, they do everything right. Big soundstage, deep tight bass and great 3D image. Definitely try to give them another listen. They always bring a smile to my face when I sit and listen to them.
    Audio Den

Audio Physic, B&W, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Paradigm, Golden Ear, Wilson Audio, Audio Research, Anthem, Arye, Bel Canto, Classe, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, JL Audio, Marantz, McIntosh, NAD, Parasound, PrimaLuna, Rotel, Simaudio, Technics, Clearaudio, Dr. Feickert, EAT, Pro-Ject, Thorens, Benz Micro, Denon, Grado, Ortofon, Sumiko, Audioquest, Nordost, Shunyata, Transparent Cable, Audeze, Sennheiser, King Sound, Master and Dynamic, Okki Nokki and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by BobNY View Post
    Joe,
    I have spent a ton of time with the Sabrina's. They are one of my favorite speakers. For my ears, they do everything right. Big soundstage, deep tight bass and great 3D image. Definitely try to give them another listen. They always bring a smile to my face when I sit and listen to them.
    What amps have you heard them with? With the low impedance dip, do they require a solid state amp?

Super Moderator

Thank you so much Bob. I know, every report and article that I've read has been wonderful.

Like Bruce asks, any "particular" (brand/type) amp work better than others? One of the reviews that I read states that impedance dips to around 2.4 ohms. A bit low for some amps.

I love the looks.

Joe,
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Most of the time they live in a system using Moon Neo electronics. The amp is 125w at 8 ohm, 250w at 4 ohm and has no problem keep up. When I first received them I hooked them up to a pair of McIntosh MC-75's for a while. They sounded great, but I felt they were a little light on power. Other amps I have had hooked up include a Ayre VX-5 Twenty and a Parasound A21. Those both did a great Job. I have a few more amps I have been meaning to hook up to them and haven't got the chance yet. These include a Constellation Inspiration, ARC REF-150 and a Moon Evolution 860A. So far I haven't run into any troubles with the amps I have tried. Even the MC-75's could work depending on listening habits. They did sound REALLY good together.
    Audio Den

Audio Physic, B&W, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Paradigm, Golden Ear, Wilson Audio, Audio Research, Anthem, Arye, Bel Canto, Classe, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, JL Audio, Marantz, McIntosh, NAD, Parasound, PrimaLuna, Rotel, Simaudio, Technics, Clearaudio, Dr. Feickert, EAT, Pro-Ject, Thorens, Benz Micro, Denon, Grado, Ortofon, Sumiko, Audioquest, Nordost, Shunyata, Transparent Cable, Audeze, Sennheiser, King Sound, Master and Dynamic, Okki Nokki and many others.

Super Moderator

Thank you so much.

Most of the time they live in a system using Moon Neo electronics. The amp is 125w at 8 ohm, 250w at 4 ohm and has no problem keep up. When I first received them I hooked them up to a pair of McIntosh MC-75's for a while. They sounded great, but I felt they were a little light on power. Other amps I have had hooked up include a Ayre VX-5 Twenty and a Parasound A21. Those both did a great Job. I have a few more amps I have been meaning to hook up to them and haven't got the chance yet. These include a Constellation Inspiration, ARC REF-150 and a Moon Evolution 860A. So far I haven't run into any troubles with the amps I have tried. Even the MC-75's could work depending on listening habits. They did sound REALLY good together.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Banned

My signature has the details.

I moved from Focal 1028BEs and IMO the Sabrinas are in a completely different league. Such a small stature yet such a big full sound.

A couple of things I find amazing:
    1) Elevated sound stage. They aren't the tallest speakers yet they project the soundstage at the right height.
    2) The bass. A small speaker yet they pump out the bass. I only listen to Rock and Jazz and have no need for more bottom end.
    3) Low volume sweetness. They just sound so great at low volumes.

Dr would you mind comparing and contrasting your Sabrina's to the Focals you had? I have and am quite enjoying my 1028be's (I think they are a great match for my Luxman) but I never intended them to be destination speakers. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.
    Thanks, Warren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Musical Fidelity LX2LPS> Primaluna Dialogue Premium> Klipsch Forte III

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nile49 View Post
    Dr would you mind comparing and contrasting your Sabrina's to the Focals you had? I have and am quite enjoying my 1028be's (I think they are a great match for my Luxman) but I never intended them to be destination speakers. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.
    Thanks, Warren

1) Sabrinas are much fuller sounding and the center image is more forward. 1028BEs center image is rather recessed and thin in comparison.
    2) Sabrinas tweeter, mid and bass drivers just melt togethor. Such a well integrated sound. Not so much with 1028BEs, a little disconnected in comparison.
    3) I could never get the 1028BEs to completely disappear in the soundstage. Sabrina's no problem. I'm constantly amazed seeing the sabrinas yet not localizing any sound coming directly from them.
    4) 1028BEs are a little hot up top in comparison.
    5) Sound stage is lower on the 1028BEs even though they are the taller speaker.
    6) 1028BEs had a little bit of boom to the bass in my room in comparison to the sabrinas.
    7) The sabrinas are a little laid back in comparison, where the 1028BEs are more forward and punchy.
    8) Sabrinas sound waaaaaay better at low volumes.

Ultimately for me I can listen to the Sabrinas for long extended periods without fatigue. Couldn't do that with the Focals.

Oh boy! Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? .... Those sound awesome!

How are they turned up a bit?

Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Musical Fidelity LX2LPS> Primaluna Dialogue Premium> Klipsch Forte III

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tone View Post
    1) Sabrinas are much fuller sounding and the center image is more forward. 1028BEs center image is rather recessed and thin in comparison.
    2) Sabrinas tweeter, mid and bass drivers just melt togethor. Such a well integrated sound. Not so much with 1028BEs, a little disconnected in comparison.
    3) I could never get the 1028BEs to completely disappear in the soundstage. Sabrina's no problem. I'm constantly amazed seeing the sabrinas yet not localizing any sound coming directly from them.
    6) 1028BEs had a little bit of boom to the bass in my room in comparison to the sabrinas.
    7) The sabrinas are a little laid back in comparison, where the 1028BEs are more forward and punchy.

Ultimately for me I can listen to the Sabrinas for long extended periods without fatigue. Couldn't do that with the Focals.
    You make it sound like 1028 Be are cheapo Bestbuy off the shelves. lol I find Electra midrange is their strong suit and center image has a bloom. And when it's done right (class A wattage and Siltech cabling) the top end never gets hot or fatiguing. Granted I have 1038 Be and not 1028's.

Wink Re: Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....

Look like a potential upgrade for me ............... although I promise myself earlier no more spk/amp upgrade for the next 2-3 years

Seriously, heard Sabrina once. For such a "small" spk, the sound is BIG & WIDE

Maybe because of the low freq (this spk can goes low) that bring out the mid & high to a different level.
    Regards, EH.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    STEREO
    Sources: Aurender A10
    Amp: Gryphon Diaoblo 250
    Speaker: Monitor Audio PL200

AUDIO VIDEO
    AVR: Marantz SR6012
    Speaker Center: Monitor Audio PLC150
    Speaker Surround: JBL Control 1 + Speakercraft AIM5-Three In-Ceiling + KEF HT3005SE
    Sub: Rythmik F12SE

Last night I dreamt I bought these. Uh oh...

Audioshark

Last night I dreamt I bought these. Uh oh...

An omen! What color were they in your dream? Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Haha I was actually just wondering that myself. I think they were as shown in the photo.

I question how well they would pair with my Luxman 590aX. At any rate I won't be making any moves anytime soon. Now if I could just get that into my subconscious...

Audioshark

Haha I was actually just wondering that myself. I think they were as shown in the photo.

I question how well they would pair with my Luxman 590aX. At any rate I won't be making any moves anytime soon. Now if I could just get that into my subconscious...

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hahahaha!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    You make it sound like 1028 Be are cheapo Bestbuy off the shelves. lol I find Electra midrange is their strong suit and center image has a bloom. And when it's done right (class A wattage and Siltech cabling) the top end never gets hot or fatiguing. Granted I have 1038 Be and not 1028's.
    When I had to plug my 1028BEs back in after demoing the Sabrinas at home for a week, I wanted to curl up cry. I ended up ordering the Sabrinas 2 days later.

Heard the 1038BEs once, they are definitely fuller sounding than the 1028BEs but would have overpowered my room something fierce.

Banned

Oh boy! Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? .... Those sound awesome!

How are they turned up a bit?
    I live in a condo so I don't want to piss my neighbors off. But I've read in a couple reviews that they hold up well when turned up, maybe other owners can help you with this question.

Hi fellow Sabrina owners,

I am a proud owner of the galaxy gray Sabrina since Dec 15. Currently using the modwright kwi200 (200w) int amp to push the Sabrina, and is considering to replace the amp with Accuphase E600 class A int amp, conservative power rating is 30w at 8 ohm and 60w at 4 ohm.

Do you think the class A E600 would be a good match with Sabrina, considering I listen to vocal and jazz most of the time, and small percentage of pop, and very very few classical music, at moderate lvl of 70 to 80 dB.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The E-600 should work very well for the kind of music you listen to. The amp is actually more powerfull than the specs sugest. I had no problems driving my Magico S5 with the E-550 and the E-600 is more potent.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
    Hi fellow Sabrina owners,

I am a proud owner of the galaxy gray Sabrina since Dec 16. Currently using the modwright kwi200 (200w) int amp to push the Sabrina, and is considering to replace the amp with Accuphase E600 class A int amp, conservative power rating is 30w at 8 ohm and 60w at 4 ohm.

Do you think the class A E600 would be a good match with Sabrina, considering I listen to vocal and jazz most of the time, and small percentage of pop, and very very few classical music, at moderate lvl of 70 to 80 dB.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Maybe wait until you receive the speakers? Dec is still a few months away

Quote Originally Posted by bobwah View Post
    Maybe wait until you receive the speakers? Dec is still a few months away
    Ops. Correction... I already had the Sabrina since Dec 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    The E-600 should work very well for the kind of music you listen to. The amp is actually more powerfull than the specs sugest. I had no problems driving my Magico S5 with the E-550 and the E-600 is more potent.
    Hi Elberoth,

Thank you for ur feedback. You ever for a moment wished for a more power amp to driver your wonderful S5?

Cheers

Banned

Banned

Anyone put Stillpoints under their Sabrinas?

I visited a dealer yesterday , as i would have a listen to the Wilson Sabrina.
    Had no idea what to expect at all, as my focus have been on Focal Sopra 2, the dealer who has the Focal although never have a good setup of these so my impressions are really mixed, from is it the streamer not up to the task, is it the room or the amplifier a bit annoying.
    But decided to go and give the Sabrina a listen to put peace in my mind.....and oh my , what an experience such a small speaker with such a huge soundstage, really awesome 3 D perspective with the sound....i was amazed and now i have struggle on how on earth am i going to find that amount of money....
    But oh my, where they good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    But decided to go and give the Sabrina a listen to put peace in my mind.....and oh my , what an experience such a small speaker with such a huge soundstage, really awesome 3 D perspective with the sound....i was amazed and now i have struggle on how on earth am i going to find that amount of money....
    But oh my, where they good.
    Any financial advisor worth his weight in gold would advice a person against listening to Sabrinas when on a tighter budget.

Ohh, yeah you are so right
    Somehow i need to figure this out , or hope for a very kind person selling them 2nd hand cheap, he he.
    We will se, how that is going to go, by the way i also had the opportunity to listen to the Yvette and Sasha 2....also not bad at all

The most "musically enjoyable" speaker I have ever owned. Perhaps, it is how they love my Den 13x14x10h. My ears are approximately 8' from the grills. Recent changes I have made that have dramatically improved the sound are the PurePower 1500 power conditioner and the PS Audio Junior DAC.
    The only negative is having to turn them off at day's end.
    HK
    Magico S5 MK II's, McIntosh MC 1.25KW's, McIntosh C12000 Solid and Tube Pre , MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N20, Moon 260D CD Transport, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, MIT Magnum M1.3 Speaker Cable, Silenzio Music Server, Shunyata Everest, Shunyata Power Cords

Den System: Sonus Faber Maxima Amator, Luxman 509X Integrated Amp, MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N10, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Audio Lab CD transport, Silenzio Music Server, , PurePower 1500.

Theater System: Dynaudio Elite for L&R, Dyn Contour for Center, SCX, Paradigm in-ceiling(2), SVS Subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Marantz AV8801 Processor, Parasound A31 Amp, Marantz Amp, LG 65""

Super Moderator

Oh my God! Howard, I'm soooooo happy to see you again. I hope you are doing well. I really have missed you on the forum. Glad you are back my friend.
    Last edited by joeinid; August 13, 2017 at 06:20 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Oh my God! Howard, I'm soooooo happy to see you again. I hope you are doing well. I really have missed you on the forum. Glad you are back my friend.
    Joe it really is great to have HK and his positive spirit back!!
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Super Moderator

I'll drink to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
    Joe it really is great to have HK and his positive spirit back!!

NAD C 658 streamer.

thumbsup Re: Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I'll drink to that!
    Joe: Come on down to Naples and you, Buddy and myself can have that drink together.
    HK
    Magico S5 MK II's, McIntosh MC 1.25KW's, McIntosh C12000 Solid and Tube Pre , MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N20, Moon 260D CD Transport, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, MIT Magnum M1.3 Speaker Cable, Silenzio Music Server, Shunyata Everest, Shunyata Power Cords

Den System: Sonus Faber Maxima Amator, Luxman 509X Integrated Amp, MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N10, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Audio Lab CD transport, Silenzio Music Server, , PurePower 1500.

Theater System: Dynaudio Elite for L&R, Dyn Contour for Center, SCX, Paradigm in-ceiling(2), SVS Subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Marantz AV8801 Processor, Parasound A31 Amp, Marantz Amp, LG 65""

Super Moderator

I promised Mike a visit so I'll have to make the rounds sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by hkval View Post

Joe: Come on down to Naples and you, Buddy and myself can have that drink together.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi fellas,
    I m the happy owner of piano black sabrina since last april, and i cant be more happy.
    I had wharfedale diamond,ls50, sf venere 2,5 before sabrina and the jump of sq each time was huge,and this made me aware that, better make good investment in one component at a time rather than upgrade step by step.
    What,i mean is invest in the best from the beginning,you will avoid loss of money and frustration .
    And this is why am asking you here:
    My sabrina is feeded now by devialet 200,200watt into 8ohm and 400 into 4ohm,sq is very good!
    I heard the sabrinas with devialet220pro,devialet1000pro,dan d agostino nstream,.
    The best sq was from dan d agostino wich is in the same league as devialet1000 pro. At the end of the track " i heard it thru the grape vines" interpreted by forcione ,he tap on the guitar with the hand,and thru the d'ag you feel the sound and you visualize the guitar ,and hear the wood frame of the guitar, i didn t hear the same from dev1000 pro ( the room acoustic and the set wasn t right though).
    I think the sabrina like power, but quality power! Hooked to the d ag you can feel all their potential ,to the dev1000 as well ,but i felt i was missing smtg even though i was blown away by the power of the amp.
    My wallet doesn't allow me to go the d ag route( my wife neither),but i was wondering wich of these amps will do it for me: arc ref 75 or se if the difference in sq is big ,(7000$ used );use it initially with my devialet200 as pre/dac/streamer then go for arc ref 6 pre and a good dac OR go for primaluna monos (7000$ new)with same route devialet as pre/dac/streamer then Go for primaluna pre and a good dac???
    A friend told me arc is way better than primaluna but a reviewer compared primaluna , arc75, ayre vx20 with rowland ss pream for all,and prefered the primaluna.
    Though,He stated that none of them convinced him they were the perfect match for sabrina .
    Any thoughts are most welcome!
    Thks

Hi.

I will tell you my impression as from memory as i did audition the Sabrina with ARC Ref.6 and ARC Ref. 150 played with ARC CD9 , all cabling was NordOst as far as my memory goes it was an really impressive soundstage and tonality you got with that setup , then i also did hear Devialet with the Yvette and that was also a good combo , and here comes the difficult part because from my memory i did clearly prefer the ARC setup , which i also was lucky enough to hear paired with Sasha 2.

Not sure how much you can get from this. And hopefully someone with much better insight than what i have will give you a more clear answer.

Flemming

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Hi.

I will tell you my impression as from memory as i did audition the Sabrina with ARC Ref.6 and ARC Ref. 150 played with ARC CD9 , all cabling was NordOst as far as my memory goes it was an really impressive soundstage and tonality you got with that setup , then i also did hear Devialet with the Yvette and that was also a good combo , and here comes the difficult part because from my memory i did clearly prefer the ARC setup , which i also was lucky enough to hear paired with Sasha 2.

Not sure how much you can get from this. And hopefully someone with much better insight than what i have will give you a more clear answer.

Flemming
    Hi thks for the reply.
    It s very difficult when you can t audition an equipment to choose wich route you need to head on.
    So confusing this hobby and funny at the same time.
    The devialet sound very good indeed but can lack some emotion in acoustic and voice tracks, wich might be due to less midrange fat.
    The combo of devialet is outstanding value actually, pre /amp/dac/streamer/roon endpoint.
    No need for expensive ic , extra pc, etc.....
    The arc gsi 75 is almost the same pack and good match for sabs but sooooo uglyyyyy.
    I like the idea of all in one super integrated,and the diablo 300 is on my list as well!
    I need to trust forumers who own sabrina to pull the trigger!

Well, we have a pair of Sabrinas in the store
    They're mostly used with the Devialet Expert Pro 1000, to great results, as you can imagine! We alternate between that, a darTZee LHC-208 integrated, as well as the ARC GSi75. Different sounds, for sure!
    In your case, I'd go REF 75SE (SE, not regular) if you don't want the GSi75.

cheers,
    alex

Hi,
    Since i can use my dev200 as pre/dac/ streamer , i can go for arc75se initially, then as a second step go for pre ref 5se or ref6. + dac.
    Do you think i ll hear the potential of the arc 75se with dev in the chain as pre?
    Thks

Interesting question, as I've never used the Devialet as pre/DAC/streamer only... I don't know how much it its signature it'll impose on the sound... Now that's something that I'll play with!

But since it'll be temporary anyway, the 75SE is definitely a solid step towards that warmer sound that you want!

cheers,
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    Interesting question, as I've never used the Devialet as pre/DAC/streamer only... I don't know how much it its signature it'll impose on the sound... Now that's something that I'll play with!

But since it'll be temporary anyway, the 75SE is definitely a solid step towards that warmer sound that you want!

cheers,
    alex
    Just to complement the pre/dac/streamer fonction of the devialet, one owner replaced the very acclaimed ps audio dsd dac and a luxman pre with it and was happy of the results.

Banned

I have Sabrinas. I went from the D200 -> D220 Pro -> McIntosh driving them. The McIntosh amps reach lower and and are much fuller sounding, so much more enjoyable to listen to.

I don't think the Sabrinas need big power just the right power. You could always test the big McIntosh integrated if you want something a little more affordable in a single box.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Produ...oductId=MA9000

[QUOTE=Dr Tone;226350]I have Sabrinas. I went from the D200 -> D220 Pro -> McIntosh driving them. The McIntosh amps reach lower and and are much fuller sounding, so much more enjoyable to listen to.

I don't think the Sabrinas need big power just the right power. You could always test the big McIntosh integrated if you want something a little more affordable in a single box.

Hi dr tone,
    I m new to this forum with a new name,( not in purpose).
    My devialet forum name is samsoum , and we exchanged some thoughts before, anyway i hope you are doing well.
    Mackintosh style is definitely not my style even though i m sure they sound terrific.
    I would love an all in one solution wich look descend and stylish like gryphon diablo300 but damm they are expensive.....
    Let see..

Dr tone,
    I agree that sab needs good power, but i also noticed they need some muscle .
    Devialet is giving 200w to 8ohm and almost the double for 4 ohms and i thought this was more than enough till hearing dan d agostino nstream.
    The later is really a hulk in terms of power( i forgot exactly the specs) , i felt the speakers handled much better, it was very obvious the grip the amp had on the speakers.
    The sabs executed every bit or every single watt sended to them in perfect way.
    Cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sksouri1456 View Post
    Mackintosh style is definitely not my style even though i m sure they sound terrific.
    I would love an all in one solution wich look descend and stylish like gryphon diablo300 but damm they are expensive.....
    Let see..
    Are you going to look at it or listen to it?

I get more oohs and ahhs from the the blue meters and McIntosh label than I ever did from that very stylish Devialet.

I get more oohs and ahhs from the the blue meters and McIntosh label than I ever did from that very stylish Devialet.
    I hope the 'oohs and ahh' are from the sound produced and not the light & label !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    I hope the 'oohs and ahh' are from the sound produced and not the light & label !
    Why? The discussion I was having with sksouri1456 was about looks.

Quote Originally Posted by sksouri1456 View Post
    Dr tone,
    I agree that sab needs good power, but i also noticed they need some muscle .
    Devialet is giving 200w to 8ohm and almost the double for 4 ohms and i thought this was more than enough till hearing dan d agostino nstream.
    The later is really a hulk in terms of power( i forgot exactly the specs) , i felt the speakers handled much better, it was very obvious the grip the amp had on the speakers.
    The sabs executed every bit or every single watt sended to them in perfect way.
    Cheers

Unlike most I believe all Devialet amps are rated by the manufacturer ref 6 ohms only.

Gsophile, correct 200watt to 6 ohm.
    Dr tone, yes the design is important for me to certain extend. Mcintosh , no it s not for me.( my wife neither by the wayDo we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....Do we have any Wilson Sabrina owners here ? ....)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team