Heading to the top Beer Town in the morning - Portland Maine - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heading to the top Beer Town in the morning - Portland Maine

I like this thread. So many beers to try, so little time...

Glad you had a good trip Brian.

That was funny about the hotel reservations being made in Portland, Oregon. We're actually going there next month and will see what the beer and wine scene is on the other coast...

Cheers!
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4/Keces P3 Power Supply | Audioquest Diamond Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amp | ARC REFERENCE 160M amps | JBL 4367+Isoacoustics Gaia I | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2. | Shunyata 6000T | Luminous Audio Technology cabling and power | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustics room treatments | ASC Iso-wall/Iso-ceiling construction

Post Thanks / Like

Lots has changed in Portland since I left Maine in 1990 after living there for 12 years. Maine has always had great food and one of their sinful pleasures is the batter they fry their fish and onion rings in. You simply don't get that batter outside of NE just as you don't get the great rolls that are used for cheese steak hoagies and Italian hoagies outside of Philadelphia and South Jersey. The Blu Cheese dressing in Maine is also off the charts good.

Maine humor-Q: What's the difference between a woman from Maine and a moose? A: About 200 lbs and a flannel shirt.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

3. Likes Shadowfax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My next weeding anniversary held in this year in September. I think I must go to the top beer town in the morning - Portland Maine.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I am very glad to know that you and your wife enjoy your wedding anniversary so much.

6. Thanks Shadowfax thanked for this post
    Likes Shadowfax liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

I just celebrated 33 years on the 3rd. That was our 30th trip and was awesome.

I was surprised to see this thread near the top again.

So many beers, not enough time
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha!

You are indeed a lucky man. Time flies when you are having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I just celebrated 33 years on the 3rd. That was our 30th trip and was awesome.

I was surprised to see this thread near the top again.

So many beers, not enough time
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

10. Likes Shadowfax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I must go to my next anniversary with my wife White Barn Inn restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,

Glad to hear that you had a nice anniversary trip to Portland.

I always enjoy taking the short ferry ride out to Peaks Island when Iím there. Casco Bay is really beautiful.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

Post Thanks / Like

My wife always asks for going to a morning beer town. I don't know before that where it is? Just give a surprise to my wife, and it will be memorable for me.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast