Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bryston Turntable

Bryston Turntable Power Supply:

BTP-1-Side.jpg

james

Re: Bryston Turntable

Dear James,

No need to have to burdened you with unorganized inquiries about the new turntable.

I have found everything I need on the Internet, and the outboard power source is really no problem. In fact, it makes beautiful sense, as everything from Bryston does. (And speaking of "beautiful," the 'table is a visual knockout, downright elegant.) Remaining questions:

Would the price you're shooting for--ca. $4,000--include both the 'table and the power source?

Are you aiming for a Bryston-produced cartridge as well?

About when would the 'table become available?

All best,
    Richard F.

Hi Richard

1. Yes the $4000 includes the table and arm and Bryston power supply. The arm would sell for $2000 on its own and the Bryston power supply about $1000 - so the package deal has excellent value.

2. We are testing a number of cartridges and will have recommendations to make sure they match the arm and our phono stages.

3. I am hoping end of June.

james

Some answers from engineering:

What about turbulence fro dust covers while playing an LP?

1. Critical enthusiast often remove the Dust Covers while turntable is playing. The Dust Cover first of all add some good mass to the plinth of the turntable but if it is made like many cheap turntables feature, by extra light plastic, it may actually introduce some resonance. Our Dust Covers are pretty thick and solid do not have that problem.

The plinth has the ridges (rounded cut around the platter bearing/spindle and the motor to reduce vibrations comeing through the plinth. They are always effective independently of the other design because the stop/stem vibrations go around.

Should you use Anti-Skate?

2. Very good point! The anti-skate is a force to apply to limit the centripetal force attracts the tone arms to the centre of the platter while spinning. But such force is dynamic because it is radial, I mean depending of the position of the arm (the tracks a ray) the force varies and the opposite force (anti-skating) should varies accordingly.

That's not possible possible, at least it is not possible to do it precisely. Most of tone arms manufacturers simply apply a weight that being is a "static mass" works virtually fine in a single position but wrong in all others along the disc.

testing a well balances tone arms we prefer without that with but because we do not want to fight against everybody we supply the anti-skate system with the typical string & weight to anyone ask for it.

Kind regards & ciao
    Maurizio Aterini
    Production engineer
    Goldnote

Audioshark

Beautiful James. It's a perfect blend of classic with modern. Brilliant. That tone arm must be something else and the phonostage too. Have you had a chance to play with any MM and MC carts to find a few favorites with the new tonearm?

Glad to see Bryston back in the analog space!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hi
    This is so good news.... I was looking at the EAT turtables... but now I Just have to wait till it crosses the atlantic...
    (We are Still waiting for the cube serie over here. ...!)

Envoyé de mon SM-A500FU en utilisant Tapatalk
    HiFi: Moon 180MIND Bryston BDA2 Bryston BP17 Phono MC275 CE JBL 4430 (crossover redone)
    Technics SL 1200 G with NAGAOKA MP 500
    HT: Yamaha 3050 JBL 4425 (L/R) Homegrown JBL center and SVS PB2000

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Beautiful James. It's a perfect blend of classic with modern. Brilliant. That tone arm must be something else and the phonostage too. Have you had a chance to play with any MM and MC carts to find a few favorites with the new tonearm?

Glad to see Bryston back in the analog space!
    Hi Mike

Yes I have gone through about 50 cartridges so far and will recommend a few as we go along. One of the other advantages I see for us is we can offer a complete package -turntable - tonearm - power supply and phono stage all matched perfectly for a plug and play option for those that what a simple predictable performance. I am also thinking if this goes well we would have a Bryston cartridge at some point.

james

Audioshark

James - the titanium arm, unless I'm mistaken, should give the table more cartridge options as well (I'm thinking mainly in terms of weight of the cartridge). Again, unless I'm mistaken, some lighter arms (carbon fiber for example) don't work as well with real heavy cartridges like my Benz LP-S, but a titanium arm, with the proper counter-weight has no issues really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hi Mike

Yes my sense is that most customers will use a quality Moving Coil with our new turntable and the arm is well suited to this combination.

james

Production version of the custom Bryston Turntable !

BLP-Production Version.jpg

Hi Folks,

A number of people have asked about how the Bryston Turntable differs from the Goldnote tables:

BRYSTON BLP-1 TURNTABLE
    DIFFERENCES FROM STANDARD GOLDNOTE MODELS

• Bryston manufactured BTP-1 Custom Power Supply with Pitch Control.

• Custom turntable bearing for Bryston.

• Custom Hand-selected ultra quiet 12V pulse-width-modulation motor for Bryston

• Custom B7 titanium tonearm with German GRW sealed tungsten bearings and custom rear stub.

• Custom extra-thick vented anti-resonant plinth

• Custom, adjustable brushed aluminum feet.

• The platter is an extra-thick Delrin 35mm custom platter for Bryston.

• Extra-thick molded dustcover for Bryston with recessed Bryston aluminum logo.

The Tonearm alone sells for $2200 and the Bryston BTP-1 Power Supply for $1000.

The Bryston Turntable package therefore offers exceptional value to our customers.

Hi Folks,

With the recent introduction of our new Phono stages and Turntables a number of customers have asked why we recommend Transformer based Step-Up devices for Moving-Coil cartridges over Head-Amps. I have put together some thoughts on it - please see below.

BRYSTON TF-2 MOVING COIL TRANSFORMERS

Moving-Coil Transformers

Step-up transformers for Moving-Coil cartridges are the most esoteric and misunderstood items in the world of hi-fi, and this partly explains why they are so seldom used. This is a great shame because the use of a good MC transformer gives the best possible performance from a moving coil cartridge.
    Moving–Coil cartridges have very little voltage output but significant current is available. So the MC transformer ‘transforms’ this small voltage at the output of the MC to the required voltage required by the Phono Stage in the preamplifier. It does this passively so no noise or distortion is added resulting in a much better signal to noise ratio.

Operating principle

Moving magnet cartridges, as their name implies, contain magnets which are moved by the stylus’ cantilever, and the movement induces the signal voltage in fixed coils in close proximity to the magnets. In moving coil cartridges the roles are reversed, so now the magnets are fixed and the coils move. The big advantage of moving coils is that the coils are much lighter (lower mass) than the magnets, so they are much more responsive to the motion of the stylus.
    The big disadvantage is that the output voltage of moving coil cartridges is about 20dB lower than that of moving magnets, so an extra 20dB of gain is required. The extra gain can be provided by the phono-stage amplifier, by an external device called a head-amp, or by a transformer. The most commonly found solution is to increase the gain in the phono-stage itself, but in our opinion step-up transformers are still the best solution where ultimate performance is the objective.

Why use a transformer at all?

It used to be the case that a good signal-to-noise ratio was impossible to achieve from a moving coil cartridge without a step-up transformer. An extra 20 or 30 decibels of gain wasn’t a problem, but doing so with low noise using valves, transistors or op-amps was
    a problem. Modern transistors and op-amps can now offer much better signal-to-noise ratios but valves still usually need transformers to work successfully with low output moving coil cartridges. An alternative to the step-up transformer is the head-amp (or pre-preamp). This is a transistor or op-amp amplifier which raises the output of moving coil cartridges up to moving magnet level.
    Apart from the issue of a lower noise floor, the sound quality of transformers is something their advocates swear by. The distortion produced by audio transformers is of a completely different nature to that produced by a transistor amplifier. The harmonic distortion in transformers is greatest at the lowest frequencies and falls rapidly as the frequency rises, whereas in transistor amplifiers distortion more usually rises as the frequency rises. More importantly, inter-modulation distortion tends to be lower in transformers than it is transistor amplifiers. The outcome is that although transformers aren't absolutely free of distortion (nothing is), the distortion is very benign compared to the distortion produced by many transistor amplifiers. This explains why the sound produced when a moving coil cartridge is used with a good transformer is so sublime and can create an open and spacious soundstage with amazing separation between instruments.

The case against transformers is simply one of cost. Transistors can be as cheap as a few pennies (or less when bought in sufficient quantities) whereas transformers always cost a lot more, by as much as a factor of several thousand, due to the expensive materials used in the core and the cost of the copper windings in terms of both material and labour.

Cartridge loading

Before considering how to match a moving coil cartridge with a transformer, it is worthwhile considering the effects of different loads on moving coil cartridges. When any signal source is connected to any load impedance a potential divider is formed by the source's output impedance and the load impedance.
    The usual rule for audio equipment in general is to feed the signal into a load at least ten times greater than the source impedance to avoid any significant signal loss, and this applies to moving coil cartridges as well. If the load impedance is 10 times greater than the source impedance the signal lost by the “pre-set volume control” is less than 1dB, ie nearly all the signal generated by the source is available to the following amplifier. Any loss of signal at the source/load interface is usually considered a bad thing as it compromises the signal-to-noise ratio. More signal is lost, ie the pre-set volume control is turned down more, if the load impedance isn't significantly higher than the source impedance.

When the source and load impedances are equal the signal loss is 6dB. When the source impedance is 9 times greater than the load impedance the signal loss is 20dB. Most modern moving coil cartridges have a source impedance of about 10 ohms and the “load impedance ten times the source impedance” rule suggests 100 ohms is a good choice for load impedance and causes less than 1dB of signal loss. This is well in line with the recommendations from many cartridge manufacturers (see the table of data below). Anything above 100 ohms should be equally suitable.

Does the cartridge's tonal balance change with load impedance? It certainly does if the cartridge is a moving magnet type, but low output moving coil cartridges are much less sensitive to changes in the load impedance. Users sometimes claim that higher load impedances produce a brighter sound than lower ones, but cartridge manufacturers tend be non-specific about recommended load impedances, often recommending a wide range or simply anything above a minimum impedance. The recommendation of Bryston is in line with most other cartridge manufacturers - that 100 ohms is a good value for most cartridges, and that the exact value is not critical as long as it is well above the cartridge's source impedance. One thing is certain, and that is that the load impedance should not be equal to the cartridge's source impedance.

A step-up Moving-Coil transformer is designed to accept the lower voltage output from the MC cartridge and increase the voltage to a point which is acceptable to the input stage of the standard MM phono section. The Bryston Moving-Coil step-up transformer is available in two versions...with a 20dB or a 30dB gain option. Your choice on which unit is most appropriate will be determined by the voltage output of your chosen cartridge.

• From .1 to .2 mV we would recommend the 30dB version
    • At .3 mV we would say either version would work fine
    • From .4 to .5 mV or more we would recommend the 20dB version

An important point to consider when choosing which Step-up to use is you do not want to over-power or under-power the MM phono stage. Under-powering results in not having enough GAIN in the system and over-powering can result in voltage overload and the resultant distortion.

The big mistake most often made when selecting a transformer for a moving coil cartridge is to overlook the voltage required at the phonostage's input and instead try to make the impedances match so that, for example, a cartridge with a 5 ohm source impedance sees a 5 ohm load at the transformer's input. This approach takes the cartridge's impedance as the most important factor when in reality it should be the cartridge's output voltage.

DEALER FEEDBACK

Hi James

When do you expect the turntables to ship? I received the new Bryston 1/3rd size phono products this week and already have them out in a functional display

So far the BP-2 MM/MC phono stage sounds awesome! Very alive with good frequency depth and weight. I think I'll take it home this weekend and try them out with my London Gold and Hana SL.

I have to tell you, I still have this dream of owning a BP26 with MPS2 and now both BP-MC and BP-MM.

James Davies

Hi Folks,

Link to the new Bryston Phono products on our website:

http://bryston.com/products/phono/BP-2.html

james

Hi James

Ted Green is one of the best read, most respected trade editors in our industry.

For the entire quarter, do you know what has the most hits on his site? Out of all the stories about the big guns like Crestron…this story rules as #1:

http://www.strata-gee.com/feeding-gr...p-1-turntable/

Amazing!!

Micah Sheveloff

Hi Folks,

Now that the Bryston turntable is getting released I have had a number of questions on the best way to figure out the Resonant Frequency of a particular cartridge on the Bryston Tonearm. Don't let this scare you but the math looks like this:

FORMULA FOR COMPLIANCE OF CARTRIDGE AND MASS OF TONEARM FOR BEST RESONANCE MATCHING

September 2016

Hi Folks

With any tonearm/cartridge combination you are attempting to place frequency resonance ideally between 8-12Hz to attain the best performance.

The formula for calculating the tonearm/cartridge frequency resonance is:

FR = A ÷ √ M × C

Where:

A = 1.000 ÷ 2 π = 159, 23 (you can also use the fixed value of 159)
    M = sum of all masses (tonearm, screws and cartridge)
    C = compliance (at 10 Hz)

The Titanium arm supplied with the Bryston BLP1 Turntable is 10g mass.

For example:
    Lets say your cartridge weighs 7.5g and has a compliance of 12cu/dyne/10 Hz (Please remember that often the Japanese cartridges indicates the compliance at 100Hz (not 1,000) which means you must double it in that case for the correct calculation).

IF you want to figure out the FR of your tonearm/cartridge you have to add the different masses:

7.5g (cartridge)
    + 10g (arm)
    +1g (screws) = total 18.5g.

Then you multiply 12 x 18.5 = 222
    The square root is around 14.9

So with the Tonearm on our Bryston BLP-1 Turntable the frequency resonance would be: … 159 ÷ 14.9 = 10.67 Hz; a value that places exactly in the desired interval of 8 -12 Hz considered the best range for frequency resonance of the tonearm/cartridge combination.

James Tanner
    Bryston

HI Folks,

I have a PDF of the literature for the Bryston Turntable and Phono stages.

if you want a copy please email me at jamestanner@bryston.com

james

Here's a link to the download version:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...9-3dac71450518

HI Folks,

Starting to get some reviews in on the Bryston Turntable.

Sneak Peak on one due out soon:

"Have I heard better sounding ‘tables? Yes… but all of them have price tags in the mid 5-figure range.

If you’ve been searching for your “forever” ‘table and thought you had to spend $25K or more to get it, listen to Bryston’s TT with a reference calibre M/C cartridge and top-shelf phono cable.

This may just be the last turntable you’ll ever buy."

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston BLP-1 Turntable Review

September 2016

Starting to get some reviews on the new Bryston BLP-1 Turntable.

This first review is from NOVO Magazine [previously CANADA HiFi].

Full Review LINK:

http://www.canadahifi.com/bryston-bl...ntable-review/

Truetone.JPG

James

The turntable does sound very, very good with a sense of rhythm and articulation that is quite exceptional.

We have it set up with the Denon DL103R and running through a Lehmann Black Cube SE II into a Bryston B135.

Thank you and have a great day,

Robert Hoinkes
    Sales Manager
    Trutone Electronics

AE Logo.JPG

Hi James,

Our turntables arrived today, thank you.

The fit, finish and aesthetics are excellent. Setup was a breeze.

It was a busy day at the shop but we were able to squeeze in some BLP-1 listening and had loads of fun with a few Stevie Ray Vaughan and Ricki Lee Jones tracks. This Italo-Canadian beauty can do the dynamics and slam of higher energy music as well as the imaging and midrange finesse of lighter fare. The power supply exudes high end also...pitch and speed stability are spot on.

We've got another Bryston winner on our hands...we're delighted with the BLP-1.

Sincerely,
    Robert
    Audio Eden Ltd.

SUBJECT: Bryston Turntable – Dealer Feedback

September 28, 2016

Hi James, Brian and the entire Bryston Team

“SEXY, SIMPLE AND SATISFIING”

Our Turntable arrived Yesterday WOO HOO!!! SUPERB, the fit and finish is GREAT, simple setup right out of the box.

And the sound WOW Killer Performance it has the Zing of a great performer fabulous WORK AGAIN and a job well done but I guess that’s not saying much since you have always delivered killer products…...

Yours totally satisfied
    Ashley Plettell

SUBJECT: Bryston – Customer Turntable Report

October 2016

Dear James,

I was not supposed to lift anything at all heavy today, but I could not properly discipline myself, and I'm trying to put the BLP-1 together. It is packaged so very beautifully that it is almost distressing to have to take the various parts out of the box and remove their shrink-wraps.

I'm assuming also, since no mat is supplied, that, like the still new TT I'm replacing with the BLP-1, that there is no mat: LPs are to be played on the naked platter. Kindly confirm or correct this assumption as well.

This is a solid-looking, solid-feeling unit. Its appearance, like everything else I have from Bryston, is at once simple and elegant. Everything about it gives off an air of assurance. I would mention in particular the quality action of the dust cover: a very minor item, perhaps, but on my previous TT that I'm replacing the dust cover is detachable (which some folks may regard as a convenience) but when attached has a very stiff action and somewhat clumsy appearance.

All best,
    Richard Freed

James

No matter what provoked me to buy the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable, I'm very happy I did.

It is comfortably outperforming any turntable I have ever used before, and the template you sent to me showed that I have the cartridge installed properly.. Every detail shows so much thoughtfulness.

It is fully worthy of the Bryston name and, as Artur Schnabel remarked on the Schubert piano sonatas, "a safe supply of happiness."

Best,
    Happy Customer

Hi Folks,

The Bryston Turntable in good company with a complete Bryston system at one of our dealers.

Untitled.jpeg

Hi Folks,

Got the front cover of this magazine and a short article on the geneses of the Bryston Turntable.

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/reviews/2...1_WiFiHiFi.pdf

james

Hi Folks

Sneak peak on more coming turntable reviews:

Bryston BLP-1 spinning happily

Bryston shipped me one of their new turntables last week and the timing could not have been better as I'd been missing my records. The B-LP1 is a tidy, lightweight design that comes with a solid platter, installed arm, external power supply/speed controller, a record weight, and a hinged dustcover. I had it out of the box and a cartridge installed in less than 1 hour of unhurried and careful work, of which at least some of this time was making sure I maintained the packing materials in an order that would make safe return shipping a breeze come the time. In fact, this was probably the simplest new table set up I've experienced since my days with a Rega 3.

In fact, comparisons with the Rega are not too far removed in some ways. The B-LP1 embodies the philosophy of rigid, non-resonant lightweight construction with a built in belt-drive motor. What you are getting here for the nearly $4k price is a high-torque motor that gets up to speed quickly and maintains it. The costs also seem to have gone into a hardened bronze bearing, 35mm Delrin platter and a decent tonearm, like the rest of the table manufactured for Bryston to their design by Goldnote of Italy.

Having only a Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II cartridge on hand, itself a $2800 cartridge while I waited for a sample of Charisma Audio's re-bodied Denon 103 to pair with the B-LP1, I naturally had to mount it and give the player a spin. And I'm glad I did. From the first bars of Bucky Pizzarelli and Bud Freeman's Buck and Bud LP, it was clear there was something good happening here. The music flows from this table, with plenty of detail and upper-end life, a very musical mid-range and, surprisingly (I suppose) solid bass. I say 'surprisingly' as it's hard to shake the impression of one's eyes -- a lightweight table is going to sound, well, 'light' is it not? OK, acknowledge the power of one's sight to color one's hearing and try to listen more closely. This table does not make lightweight music, oh no, it has balance, air and resolution to go with the midrange body that makes music come alive for me.

For the last few nights I've been spinning record after record with tremendous enjoyment and am beginning to really get a sense of this table. I still think the arm looks and feels a bit light, and the pressure fit counterweights would seem like a slightly imprecise way to adjust weight (my years with the SME V have spoiled me) but routine use has shown how expectations can be challenged by the evidence of thoughtful design. Re-checking everything this morning I find all the settings made last week remain, the arm lift works precisely and cleanly, the motor gets up to speed fast, and the table just continues to sound as good as it should for the price. Indeed, as it sits this weekend on a Minus-K platform with a near $3k phono cartridge, feeding an ARC Ref2SE phono stage, the B-LP1 is delivering the type of sonic goods that this partnering gear demands. Don't think this one is going to be outclassed easily.

OK, this is only a taster, a full review will come when I've had a few more weeks with this and had a chance to install the Charisma cartridge but early impressions suggest that there's a new contender on the block for a one-stop, easy to set up, good sounding analog rig. Stay tuned.

Patrick Dillon
    Audio Matters

Hi James.

I got my turntable and absolutely love it!

Austin at Atlas in Victoria set it up with an Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge which I'm breaking in.

Seems to really match up well with the mc phono stage in the BP26.

Cal Smith

Hi James

Some iPhone photos of the BLP-1 at the new London hi-do show.

Going down very well!

Really nice turntable James

Regards
    Peter Thomas
    PMC

PMC Turntable.jpeg

SUBJECT: BLP-1 Turntable - Dealer Feedback

October 2016

LOGO.png

Had a good listen to this yesterday at the Indulgence Show, very impressed, I have to admit.

Table.jpeg

I was a little surprised when Bryston announced a turntable but I shouldn't have been as yet again Bryston have delivered the goods, nice organic sound but with excellent detail.

I'm going to get one for demo so that I can have a proper listen outside of a show environment, but after the show I can't wait to get one, just need to figure out what cartridge to use :-)

Vipers’
    Hi-Fi Lounge’
    U.K.

Hi James

Had a listen today at the Inulgence Show.

And it sounded lovely.

t was one of 2 highlights of the day; the other was the VPI Signature turntable.

Well done, James.

Kyri

Hi James,

Just connected the new phono...and its absolutely superb out of the box !

Beautiful tonal balance and a level if detail and depth which i never experienced before...now i know what i missed all these years..

Cheers to you !

Tom

SUBJECT: Bryston Turntable – Swiss Audio Show

HIEND LOGO.JPG

MGM logo.JPG

Hi James

Some comments on the new Bryston Turntable at our recent audio show in Switzerland.

The show went very well. I think we had one of the best performance of products, room acoustics and demonstration. And now one step more with Bryston Vinyl.

Here a short statement from our dealer handling the show with us.

Ok the Bryston BLP1 turntable, first thoughts.

Table and Power supply.JPG

I found it to be of good build and up to Bryston quality, after unpacking and fitting a Kiseki Purple Heart I was instantly enthralled at the wonderful full rich soundstage that greeted me, instruments were correctly placed with a full open timbre and sense of timing, as were the vocals. The BLP1 played everything with ease from classical to pop to rock.

I can easily recommend this to my clients and customers as well as live easily with it myself ... a stunning effort for Brystons first turntable ... a classic!

Warmest regards
    Foxx Artizan Delaney
    Artizan Audio GmbH

Well done, James,
    Gilberto Giacon, MGM.

Hi James

Kiseki Purple Heart,an excellent partner to the Bryston BLP1 turntable - looking forward to auditioning for our clients.

14720586_10207596269162589_7379499270973693194_n.jpg

SUBJECT: Bryston – Dealer Turntable Report

Hi James

Are you able to provide a few recommendations of cartridges for the Bryston Turntable.

HI Malcolm

The tonearm mass is 10 grams so most MC cartridges will work well.
    What do you think of the table?

Hi James,

Well let me see…
    We set it up on Friday and hmmmm
    Sold it on Saturday

Malcolm
    Hi-Fi Attic

SUBJECT: Bryston – Dealer Turntable Report

Hi James

Are you able to provide a few recommendations of cartridges for the Bryston Turntable.

HI Malcolm

The tonearm mass is 10 grams so most MC cartridges will work well.
    What do you think of the table?

Hi James,

Well let me see…
    We set it up on Friday and hmmmm
    Sold it on Saturday

Malcolm
    Hi-Fi Attic

HI Folks,

Sneak Peak on another new review on the Bryston BLP-1 from HIFI ZINE magazine.

Full review coming soon.

Got a very nice note from the reviewer.

james

SUBJECT: Another Turntable Review – Sneak Peak

December 2016

Hi James

I most certainly enjoyed the Bryston turntable -- and my review will make
    this clear.

The Bryston BLP-1 Turntable is my benchmark now at this price point!

I gave it a spin this morning before packing up and remain seriously impressed. Hate to see it go.

Packing it all up again drove home how owner-friendly this design is -- dealers should make this super-clear to customers, there's so much nonsense surrounding analog that many people are put-off, but this table makes everything easy.

SUBJECT: Customer Feedback BLP-1 & BDA-3

December 2016

From Singapore:

Hi James,

My dealer sent two early xmas goodies to me yesterday - the Bryston BDA3 DAC as well as the new Bryston BLP-1 Turntable !

Both sound superb!

The BDA3 is the most airy, natural and analogue sounding DAC right out of the box...to my surprise, it also processes blueray discs superbly well...as long as they have a stereo layer I guess.

The Turntable is fuss-free, solid and the motor speeds up so fast and accurately which is a pure joy.

My MC cartridge also sounds a lot less sharp with this tonearm.

Cheers and thanks for all the magic !

Tom

WOW- when this Turntable aficionado reviews a turntable he really covers all the bases !!!

http://www.hifizine.com/2016/12/brys...p-1-turntable/

james

SUBJECT: Customer Feedback BLP-1 Turntable

January 2017

Hi James

Bravo!

Table and Power supply.JPG

Bryston BLP-1 Turntable BTP-1 Bryston Custom Power Supply

What an interesting experience returning to vinyl after 35 years of CDs, SACDs, DVD-As, FLAC and DSD downloads.

My first thought was that this medium is quieter. There’s a certain white noise in the digital, a grainier quality that is more felt than heard.

The sound with the Bryston turntable and pre-amp is pure.

John P.

Hi Folks,

Just got a copy of the Jan/Feb copy of the French Magazine TED.

Got the front cover of the Magazine showing the BLP-1 Turntable and a very extensive 5 page review.

james

BLP-1 Wood Table.JPG

Hi Folks,

Here is the full review on the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable in French - English translation due in a week.

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/reviews/2..._TED_BLP_1.pdf

james

SUBJECT: Bryston Turntable – Customer Feedback

February 2017

Hi James,

The sound of the Bryston table is great!

I had the dealer here in Calgary (James at Absolute Audio) install a Dynavector XX2 MKII MC cartridge for me, it seems a very good match, I talked with you prior to buying the table, but I’m not sure if I mentioned (at that time) I just got back into vinyl after a break of over 30 years.

My records hadn’t seen the light of day since 1986! My last turntable back then was an Oracle Delphi with SME Series III S arm and Dynavector Karat Diamond cartridge, so my standards were high. I just could’t see myself spending the $17,000 (plus) it would cost to replace it today.

I had originally bought a Rega RP6 late last year, but was not impressed with the very troublesome (and not very successful) task of isolating it from high levels of noise. I also spent $750 dollars on after-market parts trying to improve the sound quality, and still wasn’t even close to being satisfied. I gave up trying and listening after a very short time. The majority of my 700 albums (all but the first half dozen) stayed in the moving boxes they had been in for the last 30 years.

I came across a couple of great reviews on the Bryston BLP-1 in my search for another option. My call to you confirmed Bryston is the same company I remember (excellence in products, support and service) and in very good hands for the future, so I decided to give the BLP-1 a try.

Once I got the BLP-1 home, I started my vinyl journey again. The first album I listened to was one my parents (now deceased) gave me back in 1976. It’s the Eric Clapton album “No Reason to Cry”. An always favourite track of mine on the album was “Hello Old Friend”, a song that holds much more meaning to me now, 30 years later. As I sat and listened, the magic was there and a smile grew across my face - now that’s how I remember things sounding! It was a perfect track to start with - getting reacquainted with my old albums and a familiar old brand felt like saying “Hello” to some "Old Friends”. I was transported back in time - great music and sound has always been like a time machine for me. I have since gone through several discs including some of my treasured 30 year old direct-to-disc LP’s. I’m now more excited about my 43 year hobby than I have been in many, many years.

I’m very pleased with the BLP-1, it has exceeded my expectations - a terrific product engineered and designed with the money spent in the right places to achieve exceptional value and performance - like all Bryston products in my experience. Back when I had the Delphi, I also had a Bryston preamp (I can’t recall the model) and a Bryston 4B power amplifier.

There was no fussing with positioning to reduce noise, I just had to hook it up, level it, turn it on and enjoy. The noise levels are far lower at 70 dB's of phono pre-amp gain than the Rega was at 40 dB’s.

The turntable looks great and the power supply is of superb design, performance and appearance. James at Absolute Audio did a great job on setup (he may even be pickier than me). I also bought the BHA-1 headphone amp at the same time and love it. It's refined with delicacy, finese and punch (when required) and easliy matches, or outperforms another headphone amp I own at over double the price.

Now I need to save my pennies for a new 4B Cubed and BP26 preamp.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gil Chapman

Hi Folks

Have another great review on the Turntable from TED Magazine in PDF.

Email me if you want a copy.

jamestanner@bryston.com

james

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston Turntable