Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bryston Turntable

Hi, James,

I just completed the turntable set up.

SO EASY!

I installed an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. No adjustments were necessary for either the vertical tracking angle (for 200 gm. discs) or the azimuth.

In addition to the turntable, I have purchased and received a BP26-MM Preamp, PS-3 Power Supply, and 2.5B3 Amplifier and will be setting those up next week.

Best wishes,

James Citti

SUBJECT: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston Turntable – Customer Feedback

May 2017

Hi, James,

My opinion of the sound of my new Bryston turntable.

BLP-1 BTP-1 .jpg

In short, the sound and overall performance exceeds my expectations!

As a 17-year owner of Bryston audio equipment, my bar is quite high. Tracking, with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge is flawless. I agree with your position that an anti-skate mechanism is not needed.

The arm tracks the bias bands on the Hi-Fi News Analogue Test LP—even band 9, the “torture track.” The turntable design strikes me as being based on pragmatic engineering and material science principles rather than in vogue audiophile ideologies.

I am also pleased with the quality and performance of my new BP26MM preamplifier, PS3 power supply, and 2.5B(3) amplifier.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Yours truly.
    Jim Cittit

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston Turntable – Customer Feedback

July 2017

Hi Folks,

Another happy customer with our new Bryston BLP-1 Turntable system.

BLP-1 - Mike.jpeg

Bryston BLP-1 turntable with a Soundsmith Aida cartridge spinning it's first vinyl.

Tweekend by Crystal Method.

KILLER!!!

Mike Burns

SUBJECT: Bryston Turntable – Dealer Feedback

July, 2017

LOGO.JPG

James,

I had a customer ask me this question " What the heck does a $4,000 turntable sound like?"

She was getting back into vinyl after a 20 year hiatus. I had set up her Technics SL 1500 with an Audio Technica 95AE and she was grooving on the vinyl sound.

I told her about the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable and how excited I was to get Wolfsong Audio's table up and running. With just a few hours of play I have an answer to her question.

Table and Power supply.JPG

I cannot say this applies to all $4,000 turntables but this one sings.

It has truly extended frequency range and is true to the harmonics of real music. The fundamental notes are all equal in measure and the harmonics that each of those notes generates are tonally correct with realistic decay and dynamics. Rock solid bass with real timbre and tone set the pace for "boogie" and soaring upper midrange to lower treble give life to music whether it was recorded live on a stage or mixed in a studio.

Bravo Bryston!

Mike,
    WOLFSONG AUDIO

SUBJECT: Bryston BLP-1 Turntable – Customer Feedback

January 2018

Hi James

Got my Bryston BLP-1 Turntable the other day.

First of all I am using the BLP-1 with a Dynavector 20X2L feeding a Rega IOS LOMC phono pre into a Icon LA4MK3 pre into my Gryphon power amp running a pair of Totem Fires (can you tell I shop at Simcoe Sound).

I used the same DV on the Rega RP-6 so it's a direct comparison.

The main differences that the Bryston table brings to the party for me are resolution, definition and details. It just seems to dig deeper and it reproduces everything in a more refined detailed fashion but has all of the " PRAT " that the Rega is famous for.

I've noticed deeper bass ( without bloom ) more defined mids and highs that just seem more silky yet incredibly clear. I'm not very good at describing differences but to put it in simple terms, compared to the BLP-1 the Rega RP-6 is slurring it's words.

Thing is, I didn't realize that until I compared the two back to back.

Hope this makes sense and thanks again.

Ken.

SUBJECT: Bryston BLP-1 Turntable – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hi James

Got my Bryston BLP-1 Turntable the other day.

“This Bryston turntable sounds so much better than my old rig, it is hard to believe –

The vinyl magic is back!”

Marc,
    New Hampshire

BLP-1 BTP-1 .jpg

Hi Bryston,

“I got my Bryston turntable from Wolfsong Audio in Georga.

This is a really superb turntable. Mine came packaged with a premounted Benz Micro cartridge.

In my opionion it's better than the VPI or Rega tables I've owned.”

Tom Hankins

James,

There is a thread in the newly established DC HiFi Forums about the BLP-1. It is very laudatory of both the table and Bryston. I’ve included a link to the thread below. Please note that only members can post but, should you want to comment, I would be happy to forward your comment to Chris for posting (the administrator - I suspect you may have already spoken with him).

Larry

http://dchifigroup.proboards.com/thr...1-power-supply

Hi James!

I've recently gotten the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable and the Dynavector 20X broken in and the results are quite spectacular.

Best Regards,

Brian Warford
    Brian's Custom Theaters and Hi-Fi

SUBJECT: Bryston BLP-1 Turntable Review In Absolute Sound!

June 2018

AS Logo.JPG

Hi Folks,

Very happy to report a superb review on the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable and Tonearm in this months issue of The Absolute Sound Magazine

Will have a PDF of the complete review available shortly.

AS Cover.JPG

HI Folks

I have assembled 13 PDF's of most of the reviews we have received on the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable.

I will send in 2 emails due to size.

Email me if you want a copy jamestanner@bryston.com.

james

SUBJECT: Golden Ear Award – Bryston BLP-1 Turntable

August 2018

Hi Folks,

Bryston is very pleased to announce that the Bryston BLP-1 Turntable has received a Golden Ear Award in the 2018 issue of the Absolute Sound magazine.

AS - Golden Ear Awards 2018.JPG

Bryston Turntable and Tonearm

Supplied with record weight, dust cover (three cheers!), and the company's proprietary BTP-1 outboard pulse-with-modulation power supply, this belt- driven two-speed turntable boasts exceptional speed accuracy and spot- on rendition of pitch, timing, rhythm, and togetherness.

Bass is deep and powerful with remarkable resistance to external disturbances despite its fixed plinth (though it's quite the best compact, lightweight turntable I've ever used).

All up and down the scale the BLP-1 provides a neutral platform of great composure grip, and dynamic range with commendable quiet backgrounds. The tube of the nine-inch gimbal-bearing tonearm is constructed in seven segments of differing diameters the better to deal with unwanted resonances. (Bryston challenges the need for anti-skating but will provide it if requested)

Offering joy of vinyl at a level of performance that gets you to the threshold of the so-called "super" turntables without the fussiness, the need for continual adjustment, and the sheer anxiety that all too often accompanies some esoteric setups.

Bryston just couldn't have made life in the vinyl lane easier or more inviting than with the BLP-1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston Turntable