VAC Signature iQ200 - Page 13
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VAC Signature iQ200

They performed stellar again last night, obviously. I plan on ordering a pair this week no matter what body parts have to be cut off or out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dth31 View Post
    The one thing I would say: if you can find a way to get the Master preamp, try to audition it. While the VAC REN preamps are VERY good, the Master is in another league. I was flabbergasted at how much more musical information it conveyed relative to my previous VAC preamp. I believe it’s the single best piece of equipment I own.

Unfortunately the Master is also in another price league, and I'm gonna be tapped out for a while
    I definitely think I need more than the Ren V, given how the REF 6 won out overall when I auditioned the former a year ago. That said, it's a bit of a different system context now with the 200iQ's and other "tweaks" (upgraded Koetsus), and I haven't heard the Ren V SE version which may be more to my liking. The Signature IIa SE looks interesting and is at a more achievable price point. Do you have any experience with that?

2. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
    The Signature IIa SE looks interesting and is at a more achievable price point. Do you have any experience with that?
    Unfortunately no. I did own the non-SE Signature IIa which was replaced by the Master.

You’ve assembled an outstanding system that obviously brings you a lot of joy. That’s awesome! Continue to enjoy the journey, save up, upgrade as you can or feel the need to. But most importantly, keep enjoying the music along the way!
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-seven DAC, Totaldac d1-server with Gigafilter
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo
    Power products: Synergistic Research Power Cell 12 UEF and Transporter Ultra. Galileo power cords.

4. Thanks mulveling thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

200iQ monoblocks are officially on order (in black). I'm excited!
    Dth31, I kind of wonder how even a non-SE Signature IIa preamp would gel in my system, now. I remember it's not too long since that was the very top VAC preamp; about the time I bought the Renaissance III circa 2010. But like you say (and you're right about the joy this system brings me), I should savor the latest upgrade for a while before I reexamine preamp

6. Likes the professor, Dguitarnut, rrwmd, Ritmo liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Dth31, I kind of wonder how even a non-SE Signature IIa preamp would gel in my system, now. I remember it's not too long since that was the very top VAC preamp; about the time I bought the Renaissance III circa 2010. But like you say (and you're right about the joy this system brings me), I should savor the latest upgrade for a while before I reexamine preamp
    Woot!!! Congrats!! Awesome news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

8. Thanks mulveling thanked for this post
    Likes mulveling liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. I’m confident you’re going to enjoy them a LOT!

I have the black, too. Love the look!
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-seven DAC, Totaldac d1-server with Gigafilter
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo
    Power products: Synergistic Research Power Cell 12 UEF and Transporter Ultra. Galileo power cords.

10. Thanks mulveling thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! And I get to keep the loaner silver 200iQ pair while I wait a couple weeks for VAC to build mine. Every time I listen to them I swoon again. Definitely, with this new reference, there was a touch of thinness and glare in the last amps that is long gone now!!

12. Likes Dth31, rrwmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Enjoy the music
    Jan

Dedicated room: Confidence Mansion
    Electronics: Trinnov Altitude32 | VAC Signature 200 IQ mono’s | Parasound Halo JC-1’s + A51 | Synology DS918+/DX517 (48TB) | Oppo BDP-105D
    Speakers: Von Schweikert VR10-MKII system | Dynaudio Confidence C4 | Velodyne DD-18
    Projection: JVC DLA-RS55 | Stewart LX123HST13
    Various: Artesania Exoteryc 3L + Aire racks | Schnerzinger Emi + Giga Piccolo A3 | iPad Pro 12.9” (2018) | Roon
    Cables: AudioQuest Huricane EC | Nordost Frey speakercable | AudioQuest Diamond RJ/E | AudioQuest Diamond HDMI

14. Thanks mulveling thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,
    Has someone ever tried what happens if you use a power regenerator on your VAC Amplifier and then especially in combination with the VAC 200IQ’s? If so, what is your experience and under what conditions? Are there e.g. alternatives for the PS Audio power plant P15 or P20?
    Thanks in advance. Best regards, Jan
    Jan

Dedicated room: Confidence Mansion
    Electronics: Trinnov Altitude32 | VAC Signature 200 IQ mono’s | Parasound Halo JC-1’s + A51 | Synology DS918+/DX517 (48TB) | Oppo BDP-105D
    Speakers: Von Schweikert VR10-MKII system | Dynaudio Confidence C4 | Velodyne DD-18
    Projection: JVC DLA-RS55 | Stewart LX123HST13
    Various: Artesania Exoteryc 3L + Aire racks | Schnerzinger Emi + Giga Piccolo A3 | iPad Pro 12.9” (2018) | Roon
    Cables: AudioQuest Huricane EC | Nordost Frey speakercable | AudioQuest Diamond RJ/E | AudioQuest Diamond HDMI

Post Thanks / Like

The Signature IIa SE looks interesting and is at a more achievable price point. Do you have any experience with that?
    I had my Signature IIa upgraded to SE and it's a totally different preamp. HUGE improvements in every area ... no exaggeration! Spoke with Kevin and key is statement level transformers.

Before deciding on a Master, I highly recommend demo MKlla SE in the same system.

BTW, congrats on 200IQs

17. Thanks mulveling thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, mulveling liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knghifi View Post
    I had my Signature IIa upgraded to SE and it's a totally different preamp. HUGE improvements in every area ... no exaggeration! Spoke with Kevin and key is statement level transformers.

Before deciding on a Master, I highly recommend demo MKlla SE in the same system.

BTW, congrats on 200IQs
    big congrats @mulveling! I need to demo a set of the 200IQs soon! Enjoy these before jumping into the preamp search.

FYI Another Signature SE owner data point here for you as I’m also very impressed with mine. I spent A LOT of time shopping for my current preamp (years). The one in home demo I was never able to make happen was with a Ref 6 so I’ll be very interested to hear your comparisons when the time comes.

With that said, I really want to take home a Master to now compare to my Signature SE. You will feel the same way if you get the SE.

19. Thanks mulveling thanked for this post

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast