Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VAC Signature iQ200

Quote Originally Posted by sakso136 View Post
    Hi mike,
    HNY 2019.
    I ve read all the thread and no doubt iq200 monos are amazing.
    I know you had the AR 160 m also, so to compare the 2 amps what will you say.
    Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HNY!

Come on in the store and compare for yourself.

They are very speaker dependent.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    HNY!

Come on in the store and compare for yourself.

They are very speaker dependent.
    Trust me, if I visit the west coast you re number one in my list.
    I m not asking you to say wich one is the winner over the other but just to have an idea of overall sq.
    I m asking this , cause my local dealer just brought AR gear to town, and ref6+ 160m are shown for audition( wich I will soon visit)
    Since the 2 amps plays in same league regarding price and all the winner prices went to 160, I was just curious!

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sakso136 View Post
    Trust me, if I visit the west coast you re number one in my list.
    I m not asking you to say wich one is the winner over the other but just to have an idea of overall sq.
    I m asking this , cause my local dealer just brought AR gear to town, and ref6+ 160m are shown for audition( wich I will soon visit)
    Since the 2 amps plays in same league regarding price and all the winner prices went to 160, I was just curious!

They’re both VERY speaker and individual listener dependent. They are completely “chalk and cheese” in my books. Very different. Design philosophies are different as well as the sound signatures. But rest assured, both are at the top of their game.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes sakso136, Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They’re both VERY speaker and individual listener dependent. They are completely “chalk and cheese” in my books. Very different. Design philosophies are different as well as the sound signatures. But rest assured, both are at the top of their game.
    I will follow up on this interesting thread,
    And I will post my impressions on the 160m amps on the concerning thread.
    Thks

6. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so true. The first tube gear I auditioned in my home setup was AR in which I was extremely dissapointed soundwise. So much so that I went with Solid State again. I had taken AR home instead of the Vac sheerly on it’s looks! Much later was that I tried the Vac and fell in love with its sound.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

8. Likes sakso136 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    This is so true. The first tube gear I auditioned in my home setup was AR in which I was extremely dissapointed soundwise. So much so that I went with Solid State again. I had taken AR home instead of the Vac sheerly on it’s looks! Much later was that I tried the Vac and fell in love with its sound.
    I heard only once AR, My ears at that time we’re nt educated enough to distinguish any sq type or kind.
    But what I read, is the new generation AR is different from the old generation.

Post Thanks / Like

I would tend to believe that the tubes they are built around gives them that intrinsic personality. Oddly enough I am really enjoying my 200iq with the KT 150’s which are the ones in the Ar 160M. That’s the beauty of the continuous biasing of the Vacs. Of course you can argue all day that the 160Ms are better voiced with that tube than a do all amp.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11