Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

JL Audio F113 V2

Looking for user experience on this. The system it will be used with is 2-ch/HT set up, but of course, 2-ch music takes higher priority.
    Also, a little surprised to find 113 spec isn't as good as the 112 on the upper end. 113 spec'ed at 86Hz and 112 is 119Hz.
    Anyone uses 113 V2 for 2-ch? Thanks all in advance.

Re: JL Audio F113 V2

I understand that the V2 has a subtle driver improvement. Moreso, it has better room eq correction.

I can't see that you could make a mistake by choosing the F113 V2. Keeping in mind that it is unlikely that you ever dial them above 100Hz.

I have a pair of F113 V1 on custom SA stands and love these woofers. They are very musical off the floor on stands spiked onto Quadraspire QX7 isolators. The key is to run them in a fully balanced mode if you can.

Speakeasy

Thanks, Steve for the reply.

Understand I'd never go above, let a lone 100Hz, 80Hz, but still the headroom would be nice to have.

I plan to use with HRS Nimbus underneath and Siltech cabling on signal and power. Unfortunately I don't think I can run fully balanced.

For what its worth when I asked Lars at Raidho about using Magico subs with my D3's he told be to use JL. Per Lars "they are best in the world." Obviously he competes with Magico more directly, but there it is for what its worth.....

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Thanks, Steve for the reply.

Understand I'd never go above, let a lone 100Hz, 80Hz, but still the headroom would be nice to have.

I plan to use with HRS Nimbus underneath and Siltech cabling on signal and power. Unfortunately I don't think I can run fully balanced.

HRS Nimbus should also work well. These subs really do play better off the floor.

I use Furutech power and signal for the F113s. A Flux-50 also hangs off them.

If you can do Siltech, go for it. You won't have any problems by going with an unbalanced Siltech solution.

Speakeasy

JL Audio F113 V2

Yes, HRS Nimbuses are surprisingly a good use with the subs. I've been using them for years with my sub. No reason to think that they won't play nice with the JL.
    My only concern right now is how f113 compares to f112 when it comes to stereo music. There's a well known "belief" that smaller subs are faster. But ppl also talk about bigger subs need to work less for the same spl and that distortion is smaller and sound more effortless.
    I've also seen comments made by various ppl that JL guys recommend f112 for music and f113 for HT use. But also, there are ppl very happy with f113 for music.
    I guess there's no way to know unless I try both in my system.

JL Audio F113 V2

Ok, F113 v2 arrived. JL Audio F113 V2 Right now it's crossed over at 60Hz and breaking in under HRS Nimbus, along with new Siltech power and signal cables.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Ok, F113 v2 arrived. JL Audio F113 V2 Right now it's crossed over at 60Hz and breaking in under HRS Nimbus, along with new Siltech power and signal cables.
    Congrats! Good choice. I'm sure you will be happy. . Tell us what you think.

Speakeasy

Audioshark

Congrats Khin!! JL Audio makes wonderful subs. I used to own the F110's.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone that asks I do run a pair of JL Audio F113v2 from 30 Hz down using a 12 dB / octave slope with a pair of Magico S5 MK2 loudspeakers. I find the overall result is absolutely breathtaking. Having the subs contribute to symphonic bass (Stravinsky's Firebird Suite or The Rite of Spring) adds another dimension to the music.

If I had a pair of smaller speakers I might consider the F112 over the F113 due to its better upper bass cutoff.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

JL Audio F113 V2