Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Axpona 2016 Official Pictures Thread

1. MBL

2. Avantgarde Uno XD/Not sure of electronics.
    3. ARC/Sonus Faber
    4. Gamut
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Axpona 2016 Official Pictures Thread

My girlfriend and I did the last two days at Axpona and while neither of us heard anything we thought was downright stunning here are some comments that may be of interest...

The MBL's were certainly an experience. I couldn't help but imagine the grid shutting down or the walls bursting while we were in there. We enjoyed them.

The Wilson - Dag room was pretty good. Despite being (relatively) reasonably priced the the classic stereo amp is out. It's enormous, there is no way I'm housing that thing in my current digs.

Volti Vittora room - possibly my favorite of the show. Huge, effortless, natural. In a very large room.

Focal-Pass room:
    Girlfriend - Best combo of looks and sound
    Me - agreed

Raidho D1.1 - I thought this was one of the best rooms while my girlfriend couldn't stand it, telling me there was some sort of annoying high frequency ringing on transients and explained that her and Dexter (my dog) wouldn't be able to live with them. Interesting.

Magico S5mkII: On occasion a little bright/not quite harsh sounding but not absolutely smooth either, otherwise very good. Could have been the source. Wanted to come back to hear something besides esoteric tape recordings but never did unfortunately.

YG - Kubala Sosna: Didn't spend a whole lot of time here but I thought it sounded really good and we both agreed we liked it more than the somewhat hard sounding YG-MSB room.

ATC SCM40 - really good sound. Open, coherent, great staging, ugly. Wish they had something a little bigger and better looking that isn't their massive flagship.

Magico S3 - Devialet: Holographic and detailed. Bass was weird and kind of amorphous though. Still feel they have a little trouble getting out of their own way by not sounding completely effortless. I want to hear these on stout conventional SS.

KEF LS-50: the limited edition colors are cool and they sound quite impressive. My girlfriend wants the red ones.

There were some cool looking Isoacoustics footers in the Focal/Micromega room that I will be investigating. I thought they were stillpoints at first.

That's off the top of my head. It was a pretty casual visit for us. We skipped a lot of rooms and didn't listen to anything real seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Musical Fidelity LX2LPS> Primaluna Dialogue Premium> Klipsch Forte III

Love your thoughts. Especially with the comments from your girlfriend. Well done. I wasn't there so no clue if I agree or disagree but awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by nile49 View Post
    My girlfriend and I did the last two days at Axpona and while neither of us heard anything we thought was downright stunning here are some comments that may be of interest...

The MBL's were certainly an experience. I couldn't help but imagine the grid shutting down or the walls bursting while we were in there. We enjoyed them.

The Wilson - Dag room was pretty good. Despite being (relatively) reasonably priced the the classic stereo amp is out. It's enormous, there is no way I'm housing that thing in my current digs.

Volti Vittora room - possibly my favorite of the show. Huge, effortless, natural. In a very large room.

Focal-Pass room:
    Me - agreed

Raidho D1.1 - I thought this was one of the best rooms while my girlfriend couldn't stand it, telling me there was some sort of annoying high frequency ringing on transients and explained that her and Dexter (my dog) wouldn't be able to live with them. Interesting.

Magico S5mkII: On occasion a little bright/not quite harsh sounding but not absolutely smooth either, otherwise very good. Could have been the source. Wanted to come back to hear something besides esoteric tape recordings but never did unfortunately.

YG - Kubala Sosna: Didn't spend a whole lot of time here but I thought it sounded really good and we both agreed we liked it more than the somewhat hard sounding YG-MSB room.

ATC SCM40 - really good sound. Open, coherent, great staging, ugly. Wish they had something a little bigger and better looking that isn't their massive flagship.

Magico S3 - Devialet: Holographic and detailed. Bass was weird and kind of amorphous though. Still feel they have a little trouble getting out of their own way by not sounding completely effortless. I want to hear these on stout conventional SS.

KEF LS-50: the limited edition colors are cool and they sound quite impressive. My girlfriend wants the red ones.

There were some cool looking Isoacoustics footers in the Focal/Micromega room that I will be investigating. I thought they were stillpoints at first.

That's off the top of my head. It was a pretty casual visit for us. We skipped a lot of rooms and didn't listen to anything real seriously.

Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    When you mention Peter M. when discussing Wilson Audio that would be Peter McGrath. For many years he has been travelled the country demoing Wilson speakers. He is also a very capable recording engineer and often uses his some of his recordings in these demos.
    Jim is correct. Thx!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Focal-Pass room:
    Me - agreed

Good stuff Nile. I agree on much but some not so much. It is so interesting to me how much either ears (brains) vary or maybe its the track. I adored the YG's with MSB and the D1.1's.

Thanks guys!

Personally,I would chalk up the differences to show variabilities. (Seat, track, volume, source, ambient noise, etc.)
    I tend to find that two people sitting next to each other usually interpret aspects of of the sound similarly but maybe differ on the overall gestalt.

The MSB certainly wasn't bad and I only heard one track, and the Raidhos I really liked and didn't hear anything untoward from. i'm guessing my hearing doesn't extend to the problem range if there was one.

Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Musical Fidelity LX2LPS> Primaluna Dialogue Premium> Klipsch Forte III

Audioshark

Thanks guys!

Personally,I would chalk up the differences to show

Agreed.

I'll post my thoughts later. Lots of great stuff.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I elaborate a little bit more above, I had a misfire before editing. Axpona 2016 Official Pictures Thread

Also, I was looking out for you Mike but didn't spot you. It would have been nice to be able to point to somebody and say, "honey, it's all that guys fault". Axpona 2016 Official Pictures Thread

Audioshark

Also, I was looking out for you Mike but didn't spot you. It would have been nice to be able to point to somebody and say, "honey, it's all that guys fault". Axpona 2016 Official Pictures Thread

LOL! I was buzzing around like crazy. I would have loved to have met you. I met so many of our members for the first time. All super nice guys.

Are you going to RMAF? IMHO - it's THE best show.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
    Love the format of the day 2 photos.
    Thank you very much Mike for bringing the show to all of us not attending.
    +1! Great to see and read about it!

Mike, I was being sarcastic! Thank you for the pics! Too bad Sat/Sun turned out to be a bust for more traffic! That's what good weather will do to a show!

Mike you did a great job with pics as usual. I didn't even bring my camera this year cuz I new I could count on you. God gave you both better ears and eyes than me.

Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    LOL! I was buzzing around like crazy. I would have loved to have met you. I met so many of our members for the first time. All super nice guys.

Are you going to RMAF? IMHO - it's THE best show.
    Ditto Mike! Next time. There is a chance I'll make RMAF but it's slim. I'll look you up if I do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team