MQA Discussion - Page 149
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1546

Thread: MQA Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MQA Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    For educated intelligent folks, thats known as an appeal to authority. His "credentials" are irrelevant to the graph/argument presented.

BS. That is an identified MQA file they can easily access.
    As are these files Bob Stuart created and sent ; https://secure.aes.org/forum/pubs/ebriefs/?ID=685
    What a bunch of crap.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

2. Likes Mike liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swisstrips View Post
    Archimago is hardly anonymous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What’s his name?

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Say what? They didn't attack his credentials. They asked what his credentials were and who he was. They also asked for the files used and have "apparently" received no feedback.
    Must be the same “anonymous sources” the media uses.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

For educated intelligent folks, thats known as an appeal to authority. His "credentials" are irrelevant to the graph/argument presented.
    Correct.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), wool carpets

Post Thanks / Like

What a bunch of crap.
    Dunning Kruger response, but expected.

They could simply have said they screwed up the files shown (out of the thousands MQA'd), but the low hanging fruit don't care.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the technical side but I do know you can hear a difference. Remember when we were young and had eq. Or at least I did. The big ADA 20 channel one. Inevitabley we would, or at least most I saw were a smiley face. Accentuating the highs and lows. I just listened to Led Zeppelin Lemon Song. I let HQ player do what it could between the base file and the MQA remaster. My DAC is not MQA. The remaster is more clear and has a lot more high frequency information. However, In finding the original more flat, I also found I heard the swing and rythem of John Bonhams drums more "in the groove". I rolled with the band more.

If the end of the graph is the addition of all that high frequency information, then I can see why many people gravitate to it. We think its added music. The clarity is another issue. It's nice and I don't see much reason to dislike it. But in the end, it's closing your eyes and getting into the groove that sets me free. Not analyzing the song. The original does it better, for me.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunning Kruger response, but expected.

They could simply have said they screwed up the files shown (out of the thousands MQA'd), but the low hanging fruit don't care.
    I kept it short for your benefit.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I do know you can hear a difference.
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.
    After all the smoke clears, it's just yet another remaster of the same ol music, that they want you to buy. Oh and the equipment to play it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I don't know about the technical side but I do know you can hear a difference. Remember when we were young and had eq. Or at least I did. The big ADA 20 channel one. Inevitabley we would, or at least most I saw were a smiley face. Accentuating the highs and lows. I just listened to Led Zeppelin Lemon Song. I let HQ player do what it could between the base file and the MQA remaster. My DAC is not MQA. The remaster is more clear and has a lot more high frequency information. However, In finding the original more flat, I also found I heard the swing and rythem of John Bonhams drums more "in the groove". I rolled with the band more.

If the end of the graph is the addition of all that high frequency information, then I can see why many people gravitate to it. We think its added music. The clarity is another issue. It's nice and I don't see much reason to dislike it. But in the end, it's closing your eyes and getting into the groove that sets me free. Not analyzing the song. The original does it better, for me.
    That a remaster in MQA can be better in some respects is merely an issue of careful attention in creating the remaster. It has nothing to do with an inherent superiority of MQA, which does not exist.

Like you, I find rhythm very important.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), wool carpets

Post Thanks / Like

I kept it short for your benefit.
    When electro-acoustics, perception and logic isn't your forte...

Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast