MQA Discussion - Page 147
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 147 of 155 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1546

Thread: MQA Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

2. Likes tube-vds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MQA Discussion

hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    cd: Creek Destiny
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Van den Hul MC gold hybrid/Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post
    At 10:22 things get really interesting. Jim (still-one), I hope you watch it. Good to see the guys from MQA participate.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    At 10:22 things get really interesting. Jim (still-one), I hope you watch it. Good to see the guys from MQA participate.
    Mike
    Thanks for linking. I just watched the video. Chris seemed pretty uncomfortable with the MQA people in the audience.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

6. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Mike
    Thanks for linking. I just watched the video. Chris seemed pretty uncomfortable with the MQA people in the audience.
    From what I read over on CA, Chris invited them. I think the uncomfortable projection is that MQA folks never really answered his questions, just a lot of marketing speak. I say a win-win for MQA
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    MQA is great for streaming, however, currently I am not interested for a couple reasons. I prefer owning my music not streaming, but more importantly it does not compete with better DSD; 256 and more so 512 are fantastic. I put my T+A against MQA; DSD512/48, wow!
    I may be falling into this camp although I need to do a lot more listening to be certain. My music preferences lean towards classical and so far, for that genre, DSD downloads seem to sound better than MQA. I want MQA to sound better because its immensely less expensive.
    My system:
    Power: PS Audio P15 , dedicated 20amp circuits
    Front End: Lumin D2 (Roon, TIDAL, DSD library) and MSB Discrete DAC with MSB streamer

Pre: Simaudio Moon 740P
    Amp: McIntosh MC462
    Speakers: B&W 802 D3
    Interconnects: AQ Earth XLR and Stealth Metacarbon
    Speaker Cable: AQ Type 4 (20 ft runs)

Post Thanks / Like

Ugly presentation. The topic is controversial. While Chris appears to have invited the MQA reps, he was not in a position to defend his comments. Also, some of the attendees were disrespectful. Ultimately, nothing good came out of this presentation.

Mike

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Ugly presentation. The topic is controversial. While Chris appears to have invited the MQA reps, he was not in a position to defend his comments. Also, some of the attendees were disrespectful. Ultimately, nothing good came out of this presentation.
    Well, I found it interesting. Lessons learned? Many, including: don’t be quoting an anonymous source on an Internet forum as the gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well, I found it interesting. Lessons learned? Many, including: don’t be quoting an anonymous source on an Internet forum as the gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely agree Mike. The presentation was not prepared with references and, therefore, some of his key points were not defensible. This was never going to be a good session.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the MQA guys were bullish. So what if a source is not provided if the research can be duplicated. That's basic science, duplication. MQA people admitted to changing their story, and they did it such a long time ago 2016. And Chris seemed to have a lot of proof MQA is changing the file to something other than the master. And, there is the fear of a wolf in sheep's clothing (DRM). I am fully confident people lie. All the time. To your face. If Amazon, Apple, Google etc took over MQA, it would only be to exercise that DRM. They could care less about the sound. Just imagine if Amazon took over Roon and MQA, and MQA had exclusive rights to artist. You might have to pay 10 cents a song to stream them, every time. And none of that money would be going to the artist. That concept circles back around to the idea of owning your own media.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Page 147 of 155 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast