Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    larevoj

Finally got my C1!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Finally got my C1!

Tell us more. I am a big Dynaudio fan. What are you driving them with?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

larevoj

ARC CD9 + Ref5SE + Bryston 4BSST2 - it sounds real big, deep and wide! A refreshing sound and fast!

Congratulations! This is such a wonderful speaker ...

I heard that the newer Dynaudio speakers are a little easier to drive.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Hell yeah. Congratz and.. nice shots.

Audioshark

Beauty!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Congratulations !

Dynaudio makes great speakers. The C1's play HUGE, enjoy.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Congrats, great speakers. I had C1s myself at some point a couple years back

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Congrats!! I love the C-1's. Enjoy them.
    Audio Den

Audio Physic, B&W, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Paradigm, Golden Ear, Wilson Audio, Audio Research, Anthem, Arye, Bel Canto, Classe, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, JL Audio, Marantz, McIntosh, NAD, Parasound, PrimaLuna, Rotel, Simaudio, Technics, Clearaudio, Dr. Feickert, EAT, Pro-Ject, Thorens, Benz Micro, Denon, Grado, Ortofon, Sumiko, Audioquest, Nordost, Shunyata, Transparent Cable, Audeze, Sennheiser, King Sound, Master and Dynamic, Okki Nokki and many others.

Awesome. Congrats!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

larevoj

Thanks guys! Running in the speakers now and I reckon it will take awhile before I sit down to have a serious listen and make some comparisons as well. It's already impressive fresh out the box and I am confident it will only gets better! Finally got my C1!

From those pictures those are original C1's. The binding posts don't look like stock. Are they new? When I had C1's I had 3 pairs and the originals sounded great out of the box but around 125hrs they took a dive in sound. Lost the bass and the highs for about 25 hrs before snapping back. Took about 400hrs to totally settle down. My last pair were the signatures and I changed the electronics a lot for the first 450hrs so I really never heard that part when they got really bad.

Anyhow congrats and enjoy them. They are world class speakers for sure
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

larevoj

Yes, they are new and you have sharp eyes!

I have sent for upgrades on the caps and resistors with Mundorf and the best WBT terminals including the internal cables too. The performance far exceeds the current model and I am very happy with the results. It already throw off my chair when it's fresh out of the box so it can only get better over time. Truly amazing pair speakers! Finally got my C1!Finally got my C1!

Since they are new be forewarned they will go downhill at one point between 100 - 150 hrs for about 25 hrs. With my first pair it was around 100 hrs and I thought WTF did I just buy. As quick as they sounded bad they sounded really good again after another 25 hrs. Now my first pair had a defect in the finish and when I hit 450 hrs Dynaudio replaced the speakers with another new pair. The same thing happened with the second pair but at 125 hrs. I did run the original speakers 7/24 (Bryston B100sst). By the time I got the Sig's I had a tube integrated (Octave V70SE) which is why I changed electronics during the Sig's break in.

BTW do you have Dyn stands? If so which ones? I had the stand4 in black for the original C1's that were Cherry colored. I got the black/chrome stands for the Sig's that were Mocca.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

larevoj

That's interesting as my Focus only gets better over time. I guess only time will tell. I am not in any hurry either since I use another pair for my main rig and uses the C1 for home theatre to run in.

I am not sure which stands but it's black for ease of maintenance. I use a tube line stage and solid state amp to have sufficient juice on tap. Love it thus far and even in any volume I can listen more with less fatigue.

Cheers!

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Congrats on a great pair of speakers!!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Nice speakers. Congrats ! Is this Signature version ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

larevoj

No it's the earlier version in rosewood gloss and I think this finish is no longer available in the current version. The latest version is all black finishing on the drivers and I prefers the original styling which gives the speakers a contrast.

I am lucky to find the last pair with the dealer and more over I got it new for a reasonable price - however after all the upgrades it cost more.

Great. How you compare with the SF vs C1 ? Is this just addition ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

larevoj

Finally got my C1!

They are different and both sounds really good. The GE has plenty of tones and the most musical of speakers I ever heard yet has the dynamic to scale up to fortissimo. Surprisingly it dug deeper then the C1.

The C1 is no slouch at all. It's speed and pace is extremely addictive to listen to and you will crave for more. For those whom are familiar with PRAT the C1 has plenty. The top notes are refine and never harden or cause any fatigue over long listening.

I can be happy with either and I am happier with both! )

Quote Originally Posted by larevoj View Post
    That's interesting as my Focus only gets better over time. I guess only time will tell. I am not in any hurry either since I use another pair for my main rig and uses the C1 for home theater to run in.

I am not sure which stands but it's black for ease of maintenance. I use a tube line stage and solid state amp to have sufficient juice on tap. Love it thus far and even in any volume I can listen more with less fatigue.

Cheers!

Get the Dyn stand6. You won't use the top plate (I don't think). Well that's how it was with the Stand4 (out of production). They are the proper height and with the spikes they will sound the best.

Yeah the Dyn C1's is the only speaker I ever heard where they sound great out of the box the go to $hit and get better again. If you aren't aware the internal wiring was also upgraded with the MKII/Sig/Platinum to the next level of Van Den Hul. But the internal wiring doesn't like speaker/power or interconnect wires.

Dyn's Esotar2 tweeter is phenomenal. 2nd best I've ever heard and for the 5 yrs I owned them there was never a fatiguing sound.
    George

larevoj

The stand6 looks like a common stand and I think a plinth is provided to mount the C1. Visually I think the stand4 looks more sturdy and visually pleasing...preference I guess. Not sure if it sound any different. Finally got my C1!Finally got my C1!

When I asked Mike M from Dynaudio why they dropped the stand4 for the stand6 he stated the 4 had a ring to it. I had both standard all black and later the black/chrome stands and never heard the ring he was talking about. I never got the stand6 because I liked the look of the stand4 better.

Attached Images Attached Images
    George

welll for my taste the C1 is the best "monitor" available.....the D1 is a good speaker but the C1 is better......no way!

C1 platinum

larevoj

I think a monitor has its benefits and limitations. Physically with only two drivers it's delivering a lot unless you have a big space. At this price range there plenty of options too but I still like to have a small package versus a floor stander for practical reasons.

End of the day so long you enjoy the music that's all it matters Finally got my C1!

Very nice. I absolutely love my C1 Platinums. I bought a pair of dealer demos so I did not experience the "out of box" or break in experience. They are on the Stand6 that I have filled with ultra fine sand with spikes on the bottom plinth that rest on stainless steal "cups" to protect a hardwood floor. They have a floor stander like sound presence in a compact monitor. I could not be more pleased.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    When I asked Mike M from Dynaudio why they dropped the stand4 for the stand6 he stated the 4 had a ring to it. I had both standard all black and later the black/chrome stands and never heard the ring he was talking about. I never got the stand6 because I liked the look of the stand4 better.
    I would love to hear your notes comparing the C1 to the D1.

I too thought the Dyn C1 monitor was the best for many years (about 5) especially for the money. And for the money I still do but I have yet to hear the new cf20 (which is basically a evidence level monitor). That said one day my local dealer invited me over to hear a new monitor he picked up. I spent about 2 hrs listening to my C1 sig's before going over (about a 15 min ride). When I got there he had these Raidho D1's. I listened to them with the same music I had played at home. What I heard was much clearer mids - smoother highs and a much tighter/faster lows. Now the D1's didn't dig as deep but for what they could do they do was much more accurate to my ears. The sound stage and imaging was like nothing I had ever heard. I'll also go as far to say the Dyns' had better dynamics. So after about an hour he said let's go for a ride to a clients house. When I asked where and why were going there he said it was to hear Raidho's current flagship - the original D3. We picked up a mutual friend who was a Dyn C4 sig owner and when we got there and listened neither of us could believe what we heard. It was like music was just coming out of the walls. The imaging and depth was unreal. His room was new construction with no treatments and minimal furniture. After asking what they cost I was in shock. The D1's in Walnut burl retailed for 29.5K with stands and the D3's retailed for 66K in black. Unfortunately they were so far from my budget I wanted to forget about them. But I couldn't for months. That sound I couldn't get out of my head. I knew the lows didn't dig as deep but since I already had a Rel B3 I thought I could get the lows the C1's had. I did get them but after almost 2 years I just couldn't get the sub to blend in to what I wanted. The lows bled to much into the mids. When a deal came up with the D2's I got them and that satisfied my want for deeper lows. From there I went to the D2.1's and later to the D3.1's with each having more layers of resolution.

To this day I think the Dyn Confidence is a great value for the money. But for my tastes I want a more natural/organic sound. Some say the Raidho's are too analytical and sterile sounding but I disagree. IMO They are just as musical with great prat but with many more layers of resolution. Today I have the Borresen 03's and they have even more clarity and speed with greater dynamics than Raidho's.
    George

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Finally got my C1!