Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 205
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2066
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

I will write something more when my Nord get 500 hours. For the moment have about 360 hours. Sound is changing a lot all the time. from about 280 hours upper range start to open and now that this rang keep line with rest of range. Changes are also moving towards increasing smoothness and fluidity whati is very possitive.
    nevertheless it is not sweetened with a barrel of honey, decorated or colored. Rather neutral / natural colors, without embellishment or additional romanticism. But with proper weight and insane precision and resolution, and still preserved musicality. For now, I am positive about what I hear, but I will be able to express my final opinion on how the Nord will warm up (after about 500 hours) and I will get a little more familiar with it.
    For today, the truth is that I get to know my CDs again and get used to them because I hear a lot of new things on each of them that I haven't heard there before. It is actually a new presentation that I have to get used to, stop getting excited by this new information and while listening to relax and see how I perceive this new perspective. For now, I can say that pop, rock, electronic and classical music undoubtedly gain a lot on Nord in relation to my current amplifier.
    Source - ARC Ref. CD8; Preamp - ARC Ref. 5; Power amp Sim Audio W5/Nord NC500 MKII (testing); Speakers - Sound&Line MEDIUS EXELLENCE; Wires - XLR: XLO Limited, MIT Magnum MA; speakers MIT Magnum MA; power cables: MIT Oracle AC2, Audioquest Hurricane, MIT Oracle Z cord III; to a power strip for CD and preamp: ENERR Trascenda Ultimate

2. Likes Elberoth, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

May I ask : any members on this thread have listened to Nord's new offerings of NC1200 and Purific poweramps and compared them to the
    500?
    If yes, please share.
    Many thanks!
    MSB Select Transport & DAC (33 clock ; Mono Powerbases)
    Bespoke Audio passive preamp
    MC2 S1400 mono amps
    PLiXiR and Furman balanced transformers
    Lessloss C-Marc Firewall64

Post Thanks / Like

Send Colin email, specifying your components. He is a straight up guy, and he will give you a truthful, accurate opinion. He is in it for the long haul, and happy customers.

5. Likes CKKeung1, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Samoyed e-mail or better yet call Colin and talk to him he has been with this forum for years and as you can see from the size of this thread many of us have been customers. I suspect all three have a similar sonic signature as Bruno developed all of them. The Purifi modules are just a five year newer development taking advantage of technology advancements in the interim.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp and 250 amp, Fritz Carrera Be, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

7. Likes joeinid, CKKeung1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree with Samoyed too. Colin is very straight forward and I did not find him trying to 'upsell'.

9. Likes CKKeung1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everybody, I'm new to the forum.

I have ordered a Nord NC500DM and I can't wait to get it. I do have a question regarding passive preamps if anybody has feedback. From the following to match with the NC500DM which would be a good choice?

1. Something from the Khosmo lineup?
    2. Goldpoint SA-2
    3. Luminous Axiom II
    4. First Watt B1 (the most $ of the bunch, also the only one that needs power, not sure what the JFET buffer would add sound wise)

I have a Schiit Saga passive preamp right now, but it is glitchy, and with the Nord coming, I want to upgrade. Inputs will be Cd player and Technics TT. Speakers are Totem Rainmakers with 87spl at 4 ohms.

Thanks for any advice!

11. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Nord's shipping speed is astonishing. My amp was mailed by Colin on October 3rd and it arrived in my little hometown near Las Vegas, NV on the morning of October 5th. How is that even possible? I think this amp might have traveled back in time!

The bad news is I don't have a preamp yet. I sent my Schiit Saga back for warranty work. I'm hoping they can fix the grounding issue. If so I think that will compliment the Hypex NC500 well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post

I have ordered a Nord NC500DM and I can't wait to get it. I do have a question regarding passive preamps if anybody has feedback. From the following to match with the NC500DM which would be a good choice?

2. Goldpoint SA-2
    3. Luminous Axiom II
    4. First Watt B1 (the most $ of the bunch, also the only one that needs power, not sure what the JFET buffer would add sound wise)

I have a Schiit Saga passive preamp right now, but it is glitchy, and with the Nord coming, I want to upgrade. Inputs will be Cd player and Technics TT. Speakers are Totem Rainmakers with 87spl at 4 ohms.

Thanks for any advice!
    I use my Nord amp with a passive pre-amp. They work well together.
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Lumin T2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; Roksan Caspian CD Player; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Rothwell Rialto; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

14. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2. Goldpoint SA-2
    3. Luminous Axiom II

Thanks for any advice!
    I tried friends passive DIY preamp, then purchased RME ADI2 and used it as a preamp+DAC, but didn't like all of them and went with Primaluna Prologue Premium tube preamp, played with tubes little bit (well, still playing/rolling, have Mullard NOS + stock now) and that works the best for me. I am looking for organic and musical sound, specially in mids, good holographic sound stage, controlled bass. Nod NC500 + Prima delivers exactly that

Post Thanks / Like

2. Goldpoint SA-2
    3. Luminous Axiom II

Thanks for any advice!
    Hi
    My Nord works well with Hattor passive. It has additional opamp active stage and I found +6 dB gain works best here. Before I had Croft Micro25 which wasn't as revealing and natural sounding.
    Lumin D1 + MCRU PSU, Hattor Passive, Nord One SE NC500DM MKI REV C, ATC SCM 40, Mogami XLRs, VanDamme XLRs, Tellurium Q black SC

-Mirek

17. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post

Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 LastLast