Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 199
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 1992
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

Unity gain is when input equals output.

Some preamps let you use a pass through (allowing the full signal to pass through) for a home theater setting and use the volume control on your processor.

Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samoyed View Post
    which opamp? Great amp, isnít it?
    si 990

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didnít see your question about unity gain. Some manufacturers supply the information, others donít.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PLGA View Post
    Nevertheless, the differences between SI and Sparkos with Rev C boards where so cristal clear to me that then I bought the Rev D boards with just Sparkos and I havent tried Si on them.
    First I tried SI Op Amps with Rev C boards and I was coming from a 300B class A amp.
    Thanks for the feedback! One question, and now you can compare sound of two sets Op Amp Sparkos SS2590 and SS3602 on buffer Rev.D? The board Rev.D is compatible with two sets of Op Amp.
    Iím wondering how much better the SS2590 discrete opamps are than old SS3602 on same bufer board Rev.D.
    As I noted earlier, the SS3602 Op Amps on Rev.C in my stereo have a too muddy sound, a less deep sound stage compared to SI 994.
    Stereo system: Oppo UDP-205 (Coaxial) >> Holo Audio Spring II (XLR) >> Emotiva XSP-1 Gen.2 (XLR) >> Nord One UP NC500DM (Sonic Imagery 994) >> Canton Ergo 695 + SVS SB-3000 х 2.
    HT: Panasonic PR65VT60, Oppo UDP-205 (HDMI) >> Denon AVR-X6300h >> Emotiva XSP-1 Gen.2 >> Nord One UP NC500DM (front)>> (7.2.4) Canton: Ergo 695 x 2 / Ergo 655 / Ergo 610 x 4 / InCeilling 865 x 4 / SVS SB-3000 х 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, today I was nagged into putting my EAR534 back into my system driving my main speakers, which are now Naim SBLs .......and, as much as it pains me to write this, the 534 is simply better. The Nord is very good, but the 534 is music. NOT the result I wanted, as I can leave the Nord on for other family members. As it is I will be using the Nord to power my centre and rears for AV, and using the EARs for my main listening. All this said, I have thoroughly enjoyed using the Nord as my main amp for a few months, and it has improved. If the 534 was not sitting on a shelf I could carry on listening to it without pain, but the EAR IS there and will now being going back home for a service.

Post Thanks / Like

Youíll be back....👍

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samoyed View Post
    Youíll be back....👍
    Hi Samoyed, I'm not going anywhere. I have set the Nord up to (continue) running my centre and now my rears, and the AV system has improved by a notch or two. The EAR costs over twice what the Nord costs for three channels of amplification. Depending on how flowery the language I use is I could make the difference sound enormous. The fact is that I could live happily with the Nord, but the EAR just helps the music to free itself from the speakers and instruments and backing vocalists to separate themselves from the musical soundstage. With different speakers and pre-amp that result may be turned in its head. M

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone compared the Nord with the Benchmark AHB2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woodchamber View Post
    Did anyone compared the Nord with the Benchmark AHB2?
    We have several customers one who bought the Benchmark DAC3 had them on home demo preferred the Nord.
    Also feedback from another customer

I would also like to relate my experience with the NORD one SE Mk II so far.

I had bought it without any demo. I felt that it was worth a punt in view of the various positive reviews on forums and it has far exceeded my expectations. My system consists of an Innuos Zenith Mk II feeding a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC and Schiit Freya pre amp. Speakers are Harbeth SHL5+ 40th anniversary. Powered with the Nord and after the initial burn in, my music has come alive again. I am getting tremendous base extension

without it being boomy and the treble has great detail (this is a forte of the yggdrasil) but not overtly bright. But for me, the greatest strength of the Nord amp is the mid range where vocals are just so wonderfully lush. This is achieved even at reasonably loud volumes where the music remains true to the recording without any distortion. I have been listening to The Hamiltons Musical soundtrack repeatly and it never ceases to impress me. Each time, I feel that I am transported back to the Victoria Palace Theatre where I first watched it live. Before this, I have tried various power amps including Wyred for sound mono blocks, Benchmark AHB2, Teddy Pardo MB100 monoblocks and lately Hegel H190 and H360. Although they all varied in price and had their different strengths, I never felt that they had achieved the right balance and the music I was hearing was never that emotive. As I sat on my listening couch, I couldn’t help but wonder what change I should be planning next. This has now been completely dispelled and I think I have found the missing jigsaw piece. Many talk about system synergy and I am glad that I have found mine.
    http://www.nordacoustics.co.uk Nord Acoustics design and manufacture Nord Amplifiers in the UK. Hypex and ICE Power Amplifier Stereo to 8 Channel Amplifiers. We ship Worldwide.

10. Likes Samoyed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Colin makes great amps, for sure.

12. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post

Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 LastLast