Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 172
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 167 168 169 170 171 172
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1720
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

I didnít get the pm. It really just seemed like a win/win for everybody. I get a project, and you donít have to mess with it. I do strongly support Colinís business and believe we consumers should foster this kind of thing. I smile every time I get into that fire breathing AMG monster, and if I have an out of warranty failure maybe I wonít be so sanguine but thatís the way it goes. I believe Colin is being VERY fair with you since it is out of warranty. If you want us to give it a go, the offer is open.

2. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he is VERY lucky to have you as a loyal customer.

Post Thanks / Like

So I told him.

Post Thanks / Like

Did we put in a new fuse yet or are you sticking to your meter measurements and not trying the one from your working mono amp or your stash?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

Quote Originally Posted by IAmRael View Post
    Samo, I appreciate very much for your willingness to help out with this, hope you got my pm. This is just so weird/unusual that I should need to send a piece of gear to a (more or less) stranger to have repairs done when the company that built the thing is still functioning. I think that a new class of amp should be named after this. Who would have thunk?? Samo you are a good dude trying to cover Nords butt. I would respectfully ask that Nord comp you for whatever you just bought from him and I think I can consider this just a glitch in the system and that the planets were not aligned.
    Sounds like the amplifiers should be donated to the group you described earlier. That's the win-win IMO.

In other words, no reason to belabor the point any further.

Post Thanks / Like

Iamrael, did you try a new fuse?

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday, last, I substituted Sparkos op amps for those from Sonic Imagery in my Nord MK II. Both produce wonderful sound stage and detail but the SI op amp seemed to aggravate my chronic tinnitus, whereas the Sparkos give up a tiny bit of detail but don’t aggravate my tinnitus. Sum: Colin’s design foreseeing op amp rolling made this amp somewhat tunable for those, like me, who need it. I wish I had the scratch for the 1200, but SWMBO would kill me.

9. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samoyed View Post
    I wish I had the scratch for the 1200, but SWMBO would kill me.
    I wonder how much better the "standard" NC500 mk II would improve with all the fancier cables, connectors and fuse of the NC1200. In other words, I wonder how much the NC500 x NC1200 would actually compare keeping everything else the same.
    1. Sonore ultraRendu + Uptone LPS-1.2 - Calyx Femto - Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE stage 2 - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
    2. JRiver - Uptone ISO Regen + LPS-1 - Burson Conductor V2+ - Audeze LCD-XC - Calyx Femti - Monitor Audio PL100
    3. JRiver - SMSL iDEA - 1More Triple Driver IEM

11. Likes Showroom Dummies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Likely I’ll never know....

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to try and assist if you would like to contact me again, We have a service centre in the US, which we have used twice in 2 years but this would be a more expensive option than trying to resolve with some element of co operation, It benefits no body to have an amplifier not working?
    http://www.nordacoustics.co.uk Nord Acoustics design and manufacture Nord Amplifiers in the UK. Hypex and ICE Power Amplifier Stereo to 8 Channel Amplifiers. We ship Worldwide.

Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 167 168 169 170 171 172