Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 157
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 152 153 154 155 156 157
Results 1,561 to 1,563 of 1563
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

First @George47 and the guys at HiFi Wigwam a big thank you for the review, and unlike many publications is not reliant on you spending thousands of £ $'s on advertising!
    George47 bought my amp after hearing them at a show and had Merrill Veritas NC1200 amp's on demo, and finding the same strengths of those with added texture and a more natural sound, he purchased without letting me know he was going to review until he arrived to collect them. He is the most level headed Audiophile I have had the pleasure of meeting.

The Sparkos Voltage regulators continue to make a huge impact, we even tried the Belleson's brand new SPX in the REV D no improvement and Sparkos in the US are great to deal with.

More important... Those that preferred the old Sparkos SS3602..... We sent REV D upgrades both versions to 2 guys who run a Facebook Audio group in the UK and are doing the review for HiFi Pig, both of them preferred the old Sparkos SS3602 in REV C. Only one of the guys has heard so far but he, by far prefers the Sonic Imagery 990 over the 2590. we want to deliver the best sound we can and we prefer the Sonic Imagery, every time I put one on, POW you just get it immediately, sensational!!

The feedback on the new REV D has varied from the wonderful to the crazy out of this world feedback all available on our website under reviews.
    I have to say we thought from data sheets and spec's an improvement, even we were shocked!! Enjoy
    http://www.nordacoustics.co.uk Nord Acoustics design and manufacture Nord Amplifiers in the UK. Hypex and ICE Power Amplifier Stereo to 8 Channel Amplifiers. We ship Worldwide.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting feedback from different customers, the impression and perceived change seems to vary depending on the system and user but it's all positive.

I always intended to get the Sonic 990 opamps to compare, it may be a while away because my DIY preamp is playing up

Can I just ask, what was the trigger behind designing the Rev Ds (customer feedback, engineering input, desire to use 2x single opamps)? I know people were already very satisfied with the Rev Cs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker View Post
    Can I just ask, what was the trigger behind designing the Rev Ds (customer feedback, engineering input, desire to use 2x single opamps)? I know people were already very satisfied with the Rev Cs!
    Yes the REV C were still receiving great feedback, if you stand still you are always going backwards!
    We are constantly looking, exploring for new ways to improve, some don't work out.
    We talked to Sparkos and Sonic Imagery about the potential improvements in moving to the 990/2590 packages and they were very positive.
    In this instance a customer prompted me in to investigating, he has a pair of evaluation boards at bare bones cost as a thank you.
    http://www.nordacoustics.co.uk Nord Acoustics design and manufacture Nord Amplifiers in the UK. Hypex and ICE Power Amplifier Stereo to 8 Channel Amplifiers. We ship Worldwide.

Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 152 153 154 155 156 157