Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 156
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 156 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1614
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    I have just ordered the One Up monos with Sparkos Op-Amps and rev. D boards to try. I should get them in 3 weeks time.
    Cool, Adam. Will be interesting to read your thoughts once you get them received and run in. I'm not sure what the recommended run-in time is for the revision D versus revision C build is, but I know Rev C new out-of-the-box amps (including new chassis and power supply) took me over 600 hours for them to come into their own.

If you have patience I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the performance of the Nord amplifiers.

Please let us know how you get along.

Post Thanks / Like

Any members received their REV D boards?
    Marty
    Main system: SGC sonicTransporter I7, microRendu,Terminator DAC, Hattor active preamp, Nord B&O 1200as mono amps, Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MKII, JPS Labs, Furutech cabling and connectors, PS Audio P15
    Office System: Linn LP12, Aurender N100H, Audio Research LS27, Oppo Sonica, Nord NC500, KEF R500

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna put them in my family room first, for the required burn in.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Vitus SM-103 / MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

Post Thanks / Like

My Rev.D SI-990 order won't be ready to ship until the end of the month. I too will burn it in for a little while before putting it into my 2ch system.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys
    Here a recently owner of a Nord One UP NC500DM Stereo with Rev C boards.
    I've been following this thread since some weeks ago and it has a LOT of infomation! Very useful.
    I've have bought also the new Rev D boards and I think I will go with Sparkos Op Amps because I've tried both Op Amps in my Rev C boards and I prefer Sparkos by a not small margin.
    I dont know how to explain it, but the Sparkos sound more analog, less metallic, to my ears and in my system, if that expression makes sense.
    Just my opinión.
    Cheers
    Pedro
    Argentina

System: Notebook with Windows 10 streaming Tidal with Dirac Room Correction via Audioquest Jitterbug and W4S USB Reclocker to Audio-gd R8 Ladder DAC, Audio-gd Master 1 preamp, Nord One UP NC500DM Stereo and Q Acoustics Concept 500 speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys
    I've been following this thread since some weeks ago and it has a LOT of infomation! Very useful.
    I've have bought also the new Rev D boards and I think I will go with Sparkos Op Amps because I've tried both Op Amps in my Rev C boards and I prefer Sparkos by a not small margin.
    I dont know how to explain it, but the Sparkos sound more analog, less metallic, to my ears and in my system, if that expression makes sense.
    Just my opinión.
    Cheers
    Pedro
    Argentina

System: Notebook with Windows 10 streaming Tidal with Dirac Room Correction via Audioquest Jitterbug and W4S USB Reclocker to Audio-gd R8 Ladder DAC, Audio-gd Master 1 preamp, Nord One UP NC500DM Stereo and Q Acoustics Concept 500 speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys
    Just my opinión.
    Cheers
    Pedro
    Argentina

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys
    Just my opinión.
    Cheers
    Pedro
    Argentina

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Pedro, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC275VI, MC452, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300,
    Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

There has been a lot of discussion about the Rev D boards and the impact of the change. Alex, who frequents this board, has written a great review of the update and the impact on the sound quality at: https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1...wer-amplifier/

Hope you enjoy.

11. Thanks Showroom Dummies thanked for this post

Page 156 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast