New photos of Randy's system ... - Page 27
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

New photos of Randy's system ...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Nice... I would love to experience what the MSB can do with DSD512! The T+A constantly amazes me.

One thing to keep in mind , the DSD512 version of this album is 19.1 GB in size .
    Itís an amazing DAC and sounds well beyond itís price when fed DSD512. Glad youíre happy!

19.1 GB. GEESH!

By the way, Vanessaís version of Back to Black is UNREAL!!!!! FABULOUS!

As a side, I bet if you had even a cheapy TT, you would really enjoy it. Just saying...
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

Vanessa's version of pretty much everything on that album is fantastic. I really like Human and Creep. I also love her original song that is on the album. Maybe my current favorite song!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; Audio Mirror SET 45s; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Tiki; W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; Focal Clear; Astell & Kern AK240; Audeze iSine 10

Post Thanks / Like

So anyway, with my system I proceeded to put the tube amps and the T+A amp back on top of the rack ...

The Audio Mirrors are amazing sounding amps, so might as well have them available to play at this point. No interest is anyone buying them at this point (to go straight SS and possibly start trying to fund new higher speakers), so I may as well enjoy them for now ...
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; Audio Mirror SET 45s; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Tiki; W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; Focal Clear; Astell & Kern AK240; Audeze iSine 10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It’s an amazing DAC and sounds well beyond it’s price when fed DSD512...
    Where do you get good DSD512 content from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Itís an amazing DAC and sounds well beyond itís price when fed DSD512. Glad youíre happy!

19.1 GB. GEESH!

By the way, Vanessaís version of Back to Black is UNREAL!!!!! FABULOUS!

As a side, I bet if you had even a cheapy TT, you would really enjoy it. Just saying...
    Without getting into a bit-rate arms race, and certainly not getting into the analog vs digital thing , I note this album also sounds pretty good in DSD 128! Enjoy.

BTW, I wish NativeDSD had more material in the rock and pop genre.

Post Thanks / Like

The SACD sounds pretty darn good also, it is a fantastic album and a great one to choose as their first DSD512 release in my view!

And I agree, I wish more of this type of material was available from NativeDSD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Where do you get good DSD512 content from?
    Not much available to be purchased in DSD512. NativeDSD has a few selections now. Using HQPlayer I up-sample everything to DSD512. The improvements are stunning in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Randy! Nice rig. I see you're back to W4S and SS amplification again. Bet it sounds pretty good.

My setup has changed a bit as well, the room more so than the system, but there's still some changes in the system. I'll be posting about that shortly in my thread.
    Charles
    Preamp | Amplifiers: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC | Schiit Mani | PS Audio Stellar M700 x 2
    Analog Sources: Music Hall MMF-7.3 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze
    Digital Sources:
    Bluesound Node 2, Roku Ultra
    Speakers: NHT 2.9
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio, APC
    Cables:
    Wireworld, Pangea Audio

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Charles, The Stage 2 is an amazing pre-amp. Far better than the standard STP-SE, which is a fantastic pre-amp inits own right. I still ahve the SET tube amps which I listen to sometimes. Fantastic amplifiers, I simply prefer the convenience of my T+A. I would say my Audio Mirror are a bit better sounding but the T+A is winning out for my use.

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much why I got away from tube amps. Too much maintenance and since I leave my system on 24/7, I'd be going through tubes like crazy. Plus, tubes just don't provide the bottom end that I prefer with the somewhat lower efficient loudspeakers I have.

I almost went for one of those STP-SE's, but came across an excellent deal on my PS Audio GCD from Underwood Hifi that I couldn't refuse. I love this preamp though. It sounds a LOT better than I had imagined, especially when paired up with the M700 monoblocks. This combo actually reminds me of an amp I had a while back that ran a quad set of KT88's which I used on the NHT 2.9's for a time. Almost the same kind of warm-ish midrange and silky smooth top end. Of course, the M700's really take the cake in the bass department.
    Charles
    Preamp | Amplifiers: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC | Schiit Mani | PS Audio Stellar M700 x 2
    Analog Sources: Music Hall MMF-7.3 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze
    Digital Sources:
    Bluesound Node 2, Roku Ultra
    Speakers: NHT 2.9
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio, APC
    Cables:
    Wireworld, Pangea Audio

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast