New photos of Randy's system ... - Page 25
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25
Results 241 to 248 of 248
  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Looks like you're not running any subs now. How's that working out?
    Charles
    Preamp | Amplifiers: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC | Schiit Mani | PS Audio Stellar M700 x 2
    Sources: Bluesound Node 2, Roku Ultra, Music Hall MMF-7.3 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze
    Speakers | Subwoofers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 | JL Audio e110 x 2
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio, APC
    Cables:
    AudioQuest, Wireworld, Pangea Audio, Mojo Audio

  2. #242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nipomo, CA
    Posts
    3,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Yeah, tube rolling IS fun, but a rabbit hole. However, when you have friends to roll with, its an instant party!

    Your rack is wider and your speakers taller vs Page 1 photos. LoL
    Yea Norman, a few changes since then ... I blame a lot on you for forcing me to try DSD ....
    Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | DAC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
    Amps: Audio Mirror SET 45 mono blocks | T+A AMP 8
    Speakers: KEF R700 | Headphones: Focal Clear
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | CD/SACD: Oppo BDP-105
    Cables: AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, Amazon XLR, Coffee USB x2 |
    Kimber Kable | Pangea | Wireworld | W4S | Richard Gray

  3. #243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nipomo, CA
    Posts
    3,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    Looks like you're not running any subs now. How's that working out?
    Yes, not running a sub any more. I actually sold the KEF. I think the sub might have actually hurt the sound with the SET amps, and in my room sub are not easy to integrate. My KEFs floor standing speakers give me all the low end that I need and got to a point where the sub was more of a PITA then anything else.
    Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | DAC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
    Amps: Audio Mirror SET 45 mono blocks | T+A AMP 8
    Speakers: KEF R700 | Headphones: Focal Clear
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | CD/SACD: Oppo BDP-105
    Cables: AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, Amazon XLR, Coffee USB x2 |
    Kimber Kable | Pangea | Wireworld | W4S | Richard Gray

  4. #244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Genf
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Yea Norman, a few changes since then ... I blame a lot on you for forcing me to try DSD ....
    Guilty as charged!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

  5. #245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nipomo, CA
    Posts
    3,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Some new photos with the current setup. I am calling this my Giant Killer Combo .... All of the major components have earned a reputation that some may refer to as Giant Killers.

    The Wyred 4 Sound Pre-amp has been review as world class and directly compared to pre-amps that sell for over 6 times its price

    The T+A DAC is marvelous and to get anything I might consider more it I would have to spend 4 times its price. That is Giant Killer in my book.

    The Audio Mirror amps are amazing, with decent power for a SET amp. The Absolute Sound gave them a fantastic review and stated at twice their price he would give them his absolute highest rating!

    I have always been a KEF fan. I love the Reference 3 or the Blade II's, but neither are in my affordable range. The next best thing is the R series, which KEF refers to as their Mini Reference series. Same size and very similar in design to the Reference series however they are built in KEFs Chinese factory versus the facility in England. Therefore they are about a quarter the price. At this price I could not image a speaker that would be better for me!

    The Audio Quest Niagara 1000 has won several major awards and in my mind the best power conditioner available for about a quarter of anything else I would want...

    So here are some new photos now that the system is finally reaching the level that I have been shooting for :
    (I am not sure why these only inserted as a link instead of the photo itself?)

    Attachment 25352

    Attachment 25353

    Attachment 25354

    Attachment 25355

    Attachment 25356

    Attachment 25357

    Attachment 25358
    Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | DAC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
    Amps: Audio Mirror SET 45 mono blocks | T+A AMP 8
    Speakers: KEF R700 | Headphones: Focal Clear
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | CD/SACD: Oppo BDP-105
    Cables: AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, Amazon XLR, Coffee USB x2 |
    Kimber Kable | Pangea | Wireworld | W4S | Richard Gray

  6. Likes 'cisco liked this post
  7. #246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL 'The Hammock'
    Posts
    3,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Some new photos with the current setup. I am calling this my Giant Killer Combo .... All of the major components have earned a reputation that some may refer to as Giant Killers.

    The Wyred 4 Sound Pre-amp has been review as world class and directly compared to pre-amps that sell for over 6 times its price

    The T+A DAC is marvelous and to get anything I might consider more it I would have to spend 4 times its price. That is Giant Killer in my book.

    The Audio Mirror amps are amazing, with decent power for a SET amp. The Absolute Sound gave them a fantastic review and stated at twice their price he would give them his absolute highest rating!

    I have always been a KEF fan. I love the Reference 3 or the Blade II's, but neither are in my affordable range. The next best thing is the R series, which KEF refers to as their Mini Reference series. Same size and very similar in design to the Reference series however they are built in KEFs Chinese factory versus the facility in England. Therefore they are about a quarter the price. At this price I could not image a speaker that would be better for me!

    The Audio Quest Niagara 1000 has won several major awards and in my mind the best power conditioner available for about a quarter of anything else I would want...

    So here are some new photos now that the system is finally reaching the level that I have been shooting for :
    (I am not sure why these only inserted as a link instead of the photo itself?)

    Attachment 25352

    Attachment 25353

    Attachment 25354

    Attachment 25355

    Attachment 25356

    Attachment 25357

    Attachment 25358


    All I get when I try to view the attachment is this : Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Chris

    (2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

  8. #247
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nipomo, CA
    Posts
    3,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    The photo uploads have been weird lately. Not sure what is going on. It was only inserting links instead of inserting the photo into the post. Trying to get it to work I think I completely messed it up entirely ....

    If Joe or Mike would delete the whole thread (it has gotten out of hand anyway) and clear all my uploaded photos I will be glad to try a completely new thread ....
    Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | DAC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
    Amps: Audio Mirror SET 45 mono blocks | T+A AMP 8
    Speakers: KEF R700 | Headphones: Focal Clear
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | CD/SACD: Oppo BDP-105
    Cables: AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, Amazon XLR, Coffee USB x2 |
    Kimber Kable | Pangea | Wireworld | W4S | Richard Gray

  9. #248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL 'The Hammock'
    Posts
    3,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New photos of Randy's system ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    The photo uploads have been weird lately. Not sure what is going on. It was only inserting links instead of inserting the photo into the post. Trying to get it to work I think I completely messed it up entirely ....

    If Joe or Mike would delete the whole thread (it has gotten out of hand anyway) and clear all my uploaded photos I will be glad to try a completely new thread ....
    I've had nothing but trouble on uploads, its weird, for some it works great for others its just "hit and miss".
    Chris

    (2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

 

 
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25