Mike's Systems - Page 20
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Systems

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike's Systems

Quote Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
    Kuoppis, OUCH!!!! those are very disparaging comments you made about AJ. Truth be told, I never knew AJ well enough to make those types of judgments about him and when I met in person at Mike's audio salon AJ seemed nice enough. The reason why AJ was my nemesis in Audio Asylum was only that it seemed he always had the exact opposite POV as I would concerning audio! If I liked SET amps (and I really do) AJ didn't and when I supported using high-sensitivity, horn-loaded, single, full-range driver, speakers with those SET amps AJ would provide reasons why those are terrible speakers to use and so on!!
    Tom, I'm a big believer in "proof is in the pudding". Which is why I relish the idea of demoing what I believe in, vs what others do. Hopefully you plan on attending the FL Audio Expo (which I recall you saying you were).
    There will be lots of pudding there, nowhere to hide.
    Look forward to seeing you are the east coast fellas there, since there should be many different types of setups...including my type. Same exact rooms.

cheers,

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Tom, I'm a big believer in "proof is in the pudding". Which is why I relish the idea of demoing what I believe in, vs what others do. Hopefully you plan on attending the FL Audio Expo (which I recall you saying you were).
    There will be lots of pudding there, nowhere to hide.
    Look forward to seeing you are the east coast fellas there, since there should be many different types of setups...including my type. Same exact rooms.

cheers,

AJ
    Hey AJ! I really want to attend the FL Audio Expo but it will depend on health issues. That day after the Lampizator get together I attended at Mike's audio salon, I woke up, took one step and blew out my left knee! That was a year ago now and my doctor is talking about knee replacement surgery. So we'll see what happens. But if I go, I'll look for your room so I can hear all those fully active speakers you design and build...

I'm listening to Use Me by Vanessa Fernandez

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society -- Full-range/Wide-range Drivers -- Front & Back-Loaded Horns -- High Sensitivity Speakers

================================================== ===========

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
    Hey AJ! I really want to attend the FL Audio Expo but it will depend on health issues. That day after the Lampizator get together I attended at Mike's audio salon, I woke up, took one step and blew out my left knee! That was a year ago now and my doctor is talking about knee replacement surgery. So we'll see what happens. But if I go, I'll look for your room so I can hear all those fully active speakers you design and build...

I'm listening to Use Me by Vanessa Fernandez

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society -- Full-range/Wide-range Drivers -- Front & Back-Loaded Horns -- High Sensitivity Speakers
    Wow, sorry to hear that, crazy. After all the years of running, football, motocross etc, I will need "new knees" at some point also, Dr already told me.
    Yes, will have active tech speakers there in one room, but, ironically, a passive/active sub HE wideband driver design in my 2nd room.
    Get well soon...or you'll have to live vicariously through Phil and the east coast gang. hah

cheers,

AJ

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

After many years with the Avantgarde Duo Mezzo’s, I decided to make a change. The AG’s will always remain the speaker that stole my heart, but not unlike the guy who owns his own car dealership, he’s not going to drive the same car for years and years.

I have switched to the MBL 101e mk2’s, with four Noble amps, Noble preamp and Noble CD/DAC/Roon streamer.

I’ve recently added the VAC Statement Phonostage and AVID Acutus DARK turntable with two SME V arms (one 12 inch and one 9 inch). The carts are Lyra Atlas SL and Miyajima Zero Mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Mike.......Holy mackerel. The DEEP end of the pool.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

6. Likes Mike, Sean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What beautiful collection of art you have there Mike! I would like a listen, please.
    George
    -----------------------

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Aqua La Voce S3 R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers