Mike's Systems - Page 20
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Mike's Systems

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike's Systems

Quote Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
    Kuoppis, OUCH!!!! those are very disparaging comments you made about AJ. Truth be told, I never knew AJ well enough to make those types of judgments about him and when I met in person at Mike's audio salon AJ seemed nice enough. The reason why AJ was my nemesis in Audio Asylum was only that it seemed he always had the exact opposite POV as I would concerning audio! If I liked SET amps (and I really do) AJ didn't and when I supported using high-sensitivity, horn-loaded, single, full-range driver, speakers with those SET amps AJ would provide reasons why those are terrible speakers to use and so on!!
    Tom, I'm a big believer in "proof is in the pudding". Which is why I relish the idea of demoing what I believe in, vs what others do. Hopefully you plan on attending the FL Audio Expo (which I recall you saying you were).
    There will be lots of pudding there, nowhere to hide.
    Look forward to seeing you are the east coast fellas there, since there should be many different types of setups...including my type. Same exact rooms.

cheers,

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Tom, I'm a big believer in "proof is in the pudding". Which is why I relish the idea of demoing what I believe in, vs what others do. Hopefully you plan on attending the FL Audio Expo (which I recall you saying you were).
    There will be lots of pudding there, nowhere to hide.
    Look forward to seeing you are the east coast fellas there, since there should be many different types of setups...including my type. Same exact rooms.

cheers,

AJ
    Hey AJ! I really want to attend the FL Audio Expo but it will depend on health issues. That day after the Lampizator get together I attended at Mike's audio salon, I woke up, took one step and blew out my left knee! That was a year ago now and my doctor is talking about knee replacement surgery. So we'll see what happens. But if I go, I'll look for your room so I can hear all those fully active speakers you design and build...

I'm listening to Use Me by Vanessa Fernandez

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society -- Full-range/Wide-range Drivers -- Front & Back-Loaded Horns -- High Sensitivity Speakers

================================================== ===========

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
    Hey AJ! I really want to attend the FL Audio Expo but it will depend on health issues. That day after the Lampizator get together I attended at Mike's audio salon, I woke up, took one step and blew out my left knee! That was a year ago now and my doctor is talking about knee replacement surgery. So we'll see what happens. But if I go, I'll look for your room so I can hear all those fully active speakers you design and build...

I'm listening to Use Me by Vanessa Fernandez

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society -- Full-range/Wide-range Drivers -- Front & Back-Loaded Horns -- High Sensitivity Speakers
    Wow, sorry to hear that, crazy. After all the years of running, football, motocross etc, I will need "new knees" at some point also, Dr already told me.
    Yes, will have active tech speakers there in one room, but, ironically, a passive/active sub HE wideband driver design in my 2nd room.
    Get well soon...or you'll have to live vicariously through Phil and the east coast gang. hah

cheers,

AJ

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20