Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

REGA Osiris with Harbeth HL5-PLUS

Has anyone tried this combo or the amp with any other Harbeths?

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: REGA Osiris with Harbeth HL5-PLUS

I know at one point Jerome had the Rega Osiris integrated and I know he has Harbeth speakers. What I don't know is if he had them around at the same time and paired them up. Worth a PM to him.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Thanks, i pm'd him yesterday but i havent heard from as of yet. I am sure he's busy enjoying some wine or somethink maybe soon...

Thanks again,
    K

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    I know at one point Jerome had the Rega Osiris integrated and I know he has Harbeth speakers. What I don't know is if he had them around at the same time and paired them up. Worth a PM to him.
    Cyril your memory impresses me ! I almost forgot the Osiris myself !
    Great amplifier. Full weight and scale sound. Incredible bass. Never tried it with Harbeth. I had the PMC EB1i at that time.

I would fear too much bass with the 40.1 but could be a great choice with the SHL5 Ken.
    Not as refined as the Nagra MSA though.
    And both are far from the Shindo Cortese I guess when music is not too demanding.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

I returned the Rega amp and phono. It was very nice in a almost too exacting way. I prefer something a little more artistic in its presentation.

Thanks guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Cyril your memory impresses me ! I almost forgot the Osiris myself !
    Great amplifier. Full weight and scale sound. Incredible bass. Never tried it with Harbeth. I had the PMC EB1i at that time.

I would fear too much bass with the 40.1 but could be a great choice with the SHL5 Ken.
    Not as refined as the Nagra MSA though.
    And both are far from the Shindo Cortese I guess when music is not too demanding.

Ken. Have you ever try the LFD yet ? So far it's one of best SS amp that sounds almost like tube voice sounds.

https://audiophiledotwordpressdotcom...beth-speakers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Ken. Have you ever try the LFD yet ? So far it's one of best SS amp that sounds almost like tube voice sounds.

https://audiophiledotwordpressdotcom...beth-speakers/

Paul,
    I am thinking about buying the little integrated.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Paul,
    I am thinking about buying the little integrated.
    Jerome, I didn't want to derail a thread , but the LFD NCSE MKII has been best integrated amp I ever had on my system. Its not pretty looking ( actually far from it ) but the sounds is incredible. I done many comparison on SS amp. (When I shopping for summer amp due to heat on tube amp) the only amp that made me smile was the NCSE MKII.

It has everything. The power of slam bass ( the best benefit of SS in my opinion ) and it has the vocal that sounds like a tube ( very close to it ) . down side was no remote but I can live without it if the amp sounds this good.

Also , I can leave it on 24/7 was big plus ! don't have to wait for the warm up coz it's ready anytime whether I want to hear 10 min or 20 mins.
    Paul

Thanks Paul !

Thanks Paul !
    Seriously hear them if you can.

Paul

Even though I never had the opportunity to pair LFD products to Harbeth, I used to own one of their integrated amps back in the day. Good stuff!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team