Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Bel Canto's new expensive integrated

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/01...ifier.html?m=1

$25k MSRP

Compare that to the MicroMega 1 at $4k MSRP

http://micromega.com/en/products/m1-range/

Hmmm....is Bel Canto trying to reposition themselves in the market with more expensive gear? Seems so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Re: Bel Canto's new expensive integrated

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Mike.......The MicroMega 1 with automatic room optimization, solid milled enclosure, and a reasonable price point certainly appears to be an attractive choice. I assume both use Class D amplification?
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    Mike.......The MicroMega 1 with automatic room optimization, solid milled enclosure, and a reasonable price point certainly appears to be an attractive choice. I assume both use Class D amplification?
    Actually, the MicroMega 1 is Class A/B. Also, MicroMega will be rolling out some other exciting things for the MicroMega 1 at Munich.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mike,
    I feel Bel Canto is pricing itself out the market. As a company it just does not have the cachet to be pricing an integrated at $25K. Who knows -- maybe I am wrong and they will sell a bunch of them.
    Anshul

It's actually an attempt to bring down the cost of their very well reviewed $50K 3-chassis Bel Canto Black reference system into an integrated amp.

So this should compete with a $10k Devialet 200? I'll take the Devialet, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post
    So this should compete with a $10k Devialet 200? I'll take the Devialet, thanks!
    No way! I would take the Bel Canto!
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra Isolators | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton + Typhon | Shunyata Hydra 2 Power Conditioner

Audioshark

I would take the Devialet 400 and still save $7000!

But the MicroMega 1 for $4000 would be the hard one to beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I would take the Devialet 400 and still save $7000!

But the MicroMega 1 for $4000 would be the hard one to beat!
    Mike,
    The micro mega sounds very promising. Have you heard it? Any thoughts on how it compares to the Devialet 120 (the closest to it in price).
    Anshul

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    Mike,
    The micro mega sounds very promising. Have you heard it? Any thoughts on how it compares to the Devialet 120 (the closest to it in price).
    Anshul
    Yes. I heard it extensively at CES two weeks ago. It was on a pair of Focal Sopra 2's. It's Class AB and sounded great. As one reviewer wrote in his report - it sounds like music!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes. I heard it extensively at CES two weeks ago. It was on a pair of Focal Sopra 2's. It's Class AB and sounded great. As one reviewer wrote in his report - it sounds like music!
    When are you expecting to get it stateside? I think they plan to have 2 models -- a 100 watt one and a higher priced one rated at 150 watts.

Audioshark

When are you expecting to get it stateside? I think they plan to have 2 models -- a 100 watt one and a higher priced one rated at 150 watts.
    I want the 150. Waiting on a ship date from the distributor. I went with black. But I love the red, orange and other cool colors. You can get it to match any Focal color.

The new Bel Canto Black ASC-600 is of a completely different genre of product. Up to now Bel Canto has not actually demonstrated their wherewithal in terms of designing product not limited to a small chassis/footprint and price point.

The Black Systems amps each have a dac inside and with the Controller clock the signal TWICE. So, there is a reason for the existence of both the System AND the Integrated. If one would look closely at it and actually liste to it they would realize that it is not fair to compare it to other $10K products.

Had a long talk with head designer John and he really does know what he is doing. I am waiting to get mine as they now are available. I cannot wait.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum ignat, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

One word...SIA-025

I picked up the black sys ASC2 last week and I really
    enjoy it , not cheap but it does everything and the fiber optic
    is a smart move saves $$$ on expensive interconnects

Mike,
    I feel Bel Canto is pricing itself out the market. As a company it just does not have the cachet to be pricing an integrated at $25K. Who knows -- maybe I am wrong and they will sell a bunch of them.
    Anshul
    totally agree , been a BC user for many years and these prices are just crazy . ordinary people just can`t afford these prices , only footballers and such like
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

The bel canto Black series is in a whole other league versus their half sized components. Customers that have purchased these from us are absolutely thrilled. A big dealer in the US has mentioned to my partner that he felt it was superior to a D'Agostino integrated amp. I use the Black EX integrated myself. Absolutely love it. The ACI 600 goes another step further.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

Does anyone own the 3 chassis Black on this forum and how good is it ?

I own it , it’s very good . I have had a few higher end systems and prefer the black . I liked it so much I bought another for my summer home .

Bel Canto ACI600 or Gryphon Diablo 300+DAC option ?
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bel Canto's new expensive integrated