Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Lumin U1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin U1

Sujai,
    Which LPSU do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I should have mentioned....I upgraded to the new lumin X1 power supply which is available as an upgrade for U1 users as well

3. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Likes thingswelike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sujay View Post
    Hi, I should have mentioned....I upgraded to the new lumin X1 power supply which is available as an upgrade for U1 users as well
    Hi, could you tell me what difference you noticed by changing the font, if there is a difference. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Hi, could you tell me what difference you noticed by changing the font, if there is a difference. Thank you.
    Changing the Font? I guess you mean changing the power supply? Yes if so, my impressions are there in my previous post (#110). Clearly I could hear more detail, better bass delineation and soundstage width and specificity. I presume itís all to do with lowering the noise floor even further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sujay View Post
    Changing the Font? I guess you mean changing the power supply? Yes if so, my impressions are there in my previous post (#110). Clearly I could hear more detail, better bass delineation and soundstage width and specificity. I presume it’s all to do with lowering the noise floor even further.

Yes, I was referring to the power supply. Thank you very much for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask the price of the X1 power supply? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stax View Post
    Can I ask the price of the X1 power supply? Thanks.
    Believe it is $2k but not sure.
    Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, EVS 1200 Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
    Back-up 1 - Hegel H190 Integrated Amp/DAC, Integra DPS 6.9 Transport, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
    Back-up 2 - Sherbourn Pre-1, Mivera PurePowerSE Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Sumiko S.5 sub

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a Lumin U1. Does anyone have experience with testing different cabling and cables (brands) between the streamer and Devialet 250 Expert Pro? I've read the balanced cabling could be preferred, but my DAC (Devialet) doesn't support DSD over AES/EBU. I believe RCA/coax OR USB would be the option for me. I really appreciate your opinions and comments.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Devialet Firmware 8.1.0 manual states that the "entire Expert range" supports DoP over USB, XLR, toslink and SPDIF. Since Lumin also supports DoP on all outputs, playback of DSD music should be ok regardless of which connection type you use.

Please try both AES and USB for 44.1kHz music and see which sounds better to you. Note that these must not be connected simultaneously.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast