Thread: Lumin U1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin U1

谢谢wklie的快速回复。我会考虑你的邮件连接。

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackyan View Post
    谢谢wklie的快速回复。我会考虑你的邮件连接。
    Translation: Thanks. Will consider e-mail.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    I've been told that that Chord Japan web site actually lists Lumin U1 as certified compatible with Chord DAVE:
    https://www.chordelectronics.jp/prod...al-range/dave/
    I regret I did not make a screen capture. Lumin is now removed from Chord web site, because of Poly?
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    I regret I did not make a screen capture. Lumin is now removed from Chord web site, because of Poly?
    Peter - Not clear on exactly what you wanted to capture, but you may be able to find a cached copy of the desired page using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks audio.bill, this archive shows Lumin U1 was previously certified compatible by Chord:

Comparing this archived web page with the current web page, not only Lumin U1 is removed, but HQPlayer and Hysolid are removed as well. I guess I can understand why Lumin U1 is removed, but I'm a little surprised even some software is removed. The Hysolid "Turn your PC into a network player" software, and HQPlayer too - perhaps the latter coincided the functionality of Hugo M Scaler?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

New review of Lumin U1 by AudiophileStyle:
    https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revie...t-review-r775/
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Is it OK to connect the Lumin U1 USB output and the AES/EBU connection at the same time to a DAC? I want to do A/B testing to see which sounds better. Can I leave them connected for an extended time without negative repercussions?
    MAIN SYSTEM - Mark Levinson 585, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Lumin U1 Network Transport, Lumin L1 5TB NAS, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Keces P8 Linear Power Supply, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, AcousticZen Matrix Reference XLR Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight AES/EBU Cable, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer, Aurender S10, Sonictransporter i5 running Roon Rock, AccuBasston P12 Linear Power Supply, Oppo BDP-103 SACD Player, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, ZuMission, and WAudio Power Cords

Post Thanks / Like

For A/B testing, it is best to disconnect USB if a non-USB connection is to be evaluated for SQ. Depends on the DAC hardware, the presence of a USB connection (even if not used) can potentially negatively affect the SQ of a non-USB input of the DAC.

For a short duration, simultaneous connection of the U1 (MINI) USB output and one or more non-USB outputs may not result in abnormal playback. If a USB output is connected it becomes the primary output and is usually asynchronous. The non-USB outputs are synchronous. For an extended time the playback to non-USB outputs may not be correct due to timing differences from USB.

If USB output is not used, all four non-USB outputs of U1 (MINI) can be simultaneously connected.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10