Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: NEW !!! GAT Series 2 .....

Just arrived! Starting its path now of the first 300-400 hours...starting very nicely. More resolute and more resolved. While I do sense it is quieter, I am not convinced this is why the detail, separation. I think it comes more from the CJ GAT 2's resolve...it has greater ability to handle multiple details, to take a super-subtle signal from the input...and not lose its grip of that bit of information...so that when it comes out of the output...it remains whole. Not sharpened...but not fuzzed slightly either.

In comparison, I can say the CJ GAT delivered a few electronic notes/deep house music elements in a comparatively 'sloppy way' though that condemns the CJ GAT 1 much, much too harshly...just relaying the very first word that came to mind as soon as i heard it.

still...very very early impressions and more to come...
    Speaker: Wilson Audio XLF + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: Robert Koda K15EX + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo

Cable: TA Opus (Gen5) + Sablon Audio Prince (Orange)
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Torus AVR 16 + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: SRA+HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

Super Moderator

Congratulations Lloyd. Looking forward to your updates.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Just arrived! Starting its path now of the first 300-400 hours...starting very nicely. More resolute and more resolved. While I do sense it is quieter, I am not convinced this is why the detail, separation. I think it comes more from the CJ GAT 2's resolve...it has greater ability to handle multiple details, to take a super-subtle signal from the input...and not lose its grip of that bit of information...so that when it comes out of the output...it remains whole. Not sharpened...but not fuzzed slightly either.

In comparison, I can say the CJ GAT delivered a few electronic notes/deep house music elements in a comparatively 'sloppy way' though that condemns the CJ GAT 1 much, much too harshly...just relaying the very first word that came to mind as soon as i heard it.

still...very very early impressions and more to come...
    Enjoy! I'd have been happy with the original GAT forever. The GATV2 IMHO is simply amazing and it was one of the best upgrades I've ever done!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Does the new GAT still invert absolute polarity?
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Does the new GAT still invert absolute polarity?
    Yup!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Quote Originally Posted by Rayooo View Post
    Yup!
    When corrected for polarity, the original GAT was probably the most musically involving preamp I worked with.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    When corrected for polarity, the original GAT was probably the most musically involving preamp I worked with.
    Yes!!!

NEW !!! GAT Series 2 .....

Quote Originally Posted by Tedtag View Post
    You will love it!!! I sent mine in to be the first in line when they started doing the upgrades on February 29th. It took about 3 weeks including shipping both ways. My expectations were not that high and took a chance it would be relatively "noticeable". Turns out it was the best $4500 that I can ever remember spending on any audio gear or upgrade. I'm always careful about using superlatives because they tend to lose their meaning, but...... the Series 2 mods took a truly world class and exceptional preamp and made it unbelievably and indescribably fantastic! And even after over 100 hours, it seems to be getting better. It still has the great CJ signature tonality that I love, but the level of detail, presence, soundstage depth and width, and all the subtle nuances in the music that give the emotional impact are dramatically increased. With your Maggies you'll hear every bit of that. Plus its much quieter than the Series 1 that always had a little background hiss even at "1" on the digital volume control. Look forward to hearing your comments when you get it back in your system!
    Hello thinking also about taking the plunge from Gat 1 to Gat 2.
    Just a word to tell you that I use 102dB efficient speakers and my GAT 1 is dead silent. I guess your hiss came from the power amp(s). Not from the Gat. Or could be bad tubes in your Gat.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

i bought my Gat 1 partially on advice from Jim Smith, as I had origianal Duo's and the AudioPax 88's he originally imported.

I upgraded to Duo Mezzo's in 2015 and the GAT 1 is still dead quiet even with the 107db Duo Mezzo's. Only time I've heard hiss was with the 6922 tubes going bad.

I will eventually upgrade to the GAT 2 based on all the positive comments in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

NEW !!! GAT Series 2 .....