NEW !!! GAT Series 2 ..... - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW !!! GAT Series 2 .....

Just arrived! Starting its path now of the first 300-400 hours...starting very nicely. More resolute and more resolved. While I do sense it is quieter, I am not convinced this is why the detail, separation. I think it comes more from the CJ GAT 2's resolve...it has greater ability to handle multiple details, to take a super-subtle signal from the input...and not lose its grip of that bit of information...so that when it comes out of the output...it remains whole. Not sharpened...but not fuzzed slightly either.

In comparison, I can say the CJ GAT delivered a few electronic notes/deep house music elements in a comparatively 'sloppy way' though that condemns the CJ GAT 1 much, much too harshly...just relaying the very first word that came to mind as soon as i heard it.

still...very very early impressions and more to come...
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+

Cable: TA Opus (Gen5 & MM2) + PAD 25th + Sablon GCUber
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Lloyd. Looking forward to your updates.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Just arrived! Starting its path now of the first 300-400 hours...starting very nicely. More resolute and more resolved. While I do sense it is quieter, I am not convinced this is why the detail, separation. I think it comes more from the CJ GAT 2's resolve...it has greater ability to handle multiple details, to take a super-subtle signal from the input...and not lose its grip of that bit of information...so that when it comes out of the output...it remains whole. Not sharpened...but not fuzzed slightly either.

In comparison, I can say the CJ GAT delivered a few electronic notes/deep house music elements in a comparatively 'sloppy way' though that condemns the CJ GAT 1 much, much too harshly...just relaying the very first word that came to mind as soon as i heard it.

still...very very early impressions and more to come...
    Enjoy! I'd have been happy with the original GAT forever. The GATV2 IMHO is simply amazing and it was one of the best upgrades I've ever done!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

4. Likes joeinid, XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the new GAT still invert absolute polarity?
    Small Green Computer, gigaFoil 4 Ethernet filter w/ Keces PS-3, Sonore ultraRendu, MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; AQ Diamond USB, Duelund USB, Curious USB; Lush USB; PS Audio LanRover; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; 4 Audioquest Diamond ethernet - 0.75M, 1.5 M, 3M, 5M; Audioquest Diamond AES - 3M; Schiit Yggdrasil - updated; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; AV Room Service EVPs, Duelund DCA16GA ICs; Duelund PCs, Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Does the new GAT still invert absolute polarity?
    Yup!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayooo View Post
    Yup!
    When corrected for polarity, the original GAT was probably the most musically involving preamp I worked with.
    Small Green Computer, gigaFoil 4 Ethernet filter w/ Keces PS-3, Sonore ultraRendu, MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; AQ Diamond USB, Duelund USB, Curious USB; Lush USB; PS Audio LanRover; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; 4 Audioquest Diamond ethernet - 0.75M, 1.5 M, 3M, 5M; Audioquest Diamond AES - 3M; Schiit Yggdrasil - updated; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; AV Room Service EVPs, Duelund DCA16GA ICs; Duelund PCs, Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

8. Likes XV-1, mallen123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    When corrected for polarity, the original GAT was probably the most musically involving preamp I worked with.
    Yes!!!

Post Thanks / Like

NEW !!! GAT Series 2 .....

Quote Originally Posted by Tedtag View Post
    You will love it!!! I sent mine in to be the first in line when they started doing the upgrades on February 29th. It took about 3 weeks including shipping both ways. My expectations were not that high and took a chance it would be relatively "noticeable". Turns out it was the best $4500 that I can ever remember spending on any audio gear or upgrade. I'm always careful about using superlatives because they tend to lose their meaning, but...... the Series 2 mods took a truly world class and exceptional preamp and made it unbelievably and indescribably fantastic! And even after over 100 hours, it seems to be getting better. It still has the great CJ signature tonality that I love, but the level of detail, presence, soundstage depth and width, and all the subtle nuances in the music that give the emotional impact are dramatically increased. With your Maggies you'll hear every bit of that. Plus its much quieter than the Series 1 that always had a little background hiss even at "1" on the digital volume control. Look forward to hearing your comments when you get it back in your system!
    Hello thinking also about taking the plunge from Gat 1 to Gat 2.
    Just a word to tell you that I use 102dB efficient speakers and my GAT 1 is dead silent. I guess your hiss came from the power amp(s). Not from the Gat. Or could be bad tubes in your Gat.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Post Thanks / Like

i bought my Gat 1 partially on advice from Jim Smith, as I had origianal Duo's and the AudioPax 88's he originally imported.

I upgraded to Duo Mezzo's in 2015 and the GAT 1 is still dead quiet even with the 107db Duo Mezzo's. Only time I've heard hiss was with the 6922 tubes going bad.

I will eventually upgrade to the GAT 2 based on all the positive comments in this thread.

12. Likes Mike, Jerome W liked this post

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6