Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Rhea vs Rhea Signature

I love my Rhea phonostage but cant help but be tempted to try the Signature. So is it worth the additional expense and what specific improvements should I expect?
    Preamp: Aesthetix Calypso Signature
    Power Amp: Aesthetix Atlas Signature
    DAC/CDP: Aesthetix Romulus Signature
    Phono: Aesthetix Rhea Signature
    TT: Kuzma Stabi Ref 2, Kuzma 4Point 11, Hana ML
    TW Acustic Raven One, Raven 10.5, Shelter 5000
    Speakers: Acapella High Violin MkIII

Audioshark

Re: Rhea vs Rhea Signature

I'm watching this thread closely. Was wondering the same thing myself.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Jeff (A/V Solutions) should be able to address this one head on.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Check out the Absolute Sound review.

Just google absolute sound rhea.

I have googled the reviews thanks but I am looking for actual input from anyone here that has actual experience and has moved up to the Signature.

Send A/V Solutions a PM. He carries the line. Yes he is a dealer but he will give you the pros and cons on both sides. He uses the Rhea Sig in one of his many vinyl rigs on demo I believe and is very familiar with your baseline Rhea.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Hi Guys,

I have the Rhea Signature. Its way better than the "normal" version, better parts and can hooked up to 3 turntables. As I have 2 turntables (Feickert with 2 arms (Triplanar & Ortofon 309D) and a vintage Thorens TD125LB with SME M2-12, it fits the bill. Oh, its also remote controllable.

Upgraded from Lehmann Decade and its simply better.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Cheers!
    SME Synergy
    Thorens TD147 Jubilee (Restored) + Ortofon A-Mono
    Roon Nucleus+ 4TB + Plixir Elite LPS
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    Air Tight ATC-5 Pre + ATM300R + ATH-3
    Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
    Audience AU24 SX Cables, Interconnects & aR6 OX Power Conditioner
    DS Audio Ioniser
    Audio-Philar Rack & Amp Stand

Old thread, but Jerry mislead some. I have the Rhea, which I'm going to sell as I have to get out of vinyl, and it's the exact same as the Signature and now the Eclipse other than parts. The signature is better, but incrementally better as it most of the high end. Is it worth it to upgrade? For some yes, for some no. Mine was recently rebuilt by Aesthetix with a brand new power supply, tubes etc and although not broken in yet, it already sounds better than it did before I sent it in for the rebuild.

It's one of the best buy phono stages that I've heard to date. The only tube piece I own anymore and it's stable as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    Old thread, but Jerry mislead some. I have the Rhea, which I'm going to sell as I have to get out of vinyl, and it's the exact same as the Signature and now the Eclipse other than parts. The signature is better, but incrementally better as it most of the high end. Is it worth it to upgrade? For some yes, for some no. Mine was recently rebuilt by Aesthetix with a brand new power supply, tubes etc and although not broken in yet, it already sounds better than it did before I sent it in for the rebuild.

It's one of the best buy phono stages that I've heard to date. The only tube piece I own anymore and it's stable as heck.
    Hi Ctsooner,

I am sorry you felt that I mislead. I suppose you are referring to me saying "way better than the "normal" while in your perspective its only "incrementally better". HiFi is a very subjective hobby and more so when one tries to describe what's better. I just want to be clear that I did NOT mislead as thats my point of view on this piece of nice gear, and probably because of my wrong choice of words used due to my limited grammar. if I did, my apologies.

Guess its better to keep my views to myself about how one gear sounded as its really controversial. Hope no love lost.

Cheers!
    SME Synergy
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    DS Audio Ioniser

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Seh View Post
    Hi Ctsooner,

I am sorry you felt that I mislead. I suppose you are referring to me saying "way better than the "normal" while in your perspective its only "incrementally better". HiFi is a very subjective hobby and more so when one tries to describe what's better. I just want to be clear that I did NOT mislead as thats my point of view on this piece of nice gear, and probably because of my wrong choice of words used due to my limited grammar. if I did, my apologies.

Guess its better to keep my views to myself about how one gear sounded as its really controversial. Hope no love lost.

Cheers!
    Jerry I need to apologize to you. I used the absolute wrong words in how I phrase things. I am sorry for that. We all know hearing is individual and we all realize that differences at this level is all incremental. I guess what I was trying to say is that the signature versus the standard is an incremental difference, but it is better and there is no question about it.

Either way we are talking about what I feel is one of the best buys of a phono stage in the highest end of Audio. The cost is much less than some of the mega photo stages that many can get, but the sound you get out of there Rhea is fairly close especially for the cost. If you want to upgrade to the eclipse version, I feel that does go up against mega cost phono stages. As you said that's to my ear and maybe not others. Again Jerry, my original post to you was abrupt and not fair

Out of interest has anyone found the balanced outs to be better than the RCAs or is there little in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    Jerry I need to apologize to you. I used the absolute wrong words in how I phrase things. I am sorry for that. We all know hearing is individual and we all realize that differences at this level is all incremental. I guess what I was trying to say is that the signature versus the standard is an incremental difference, but it is better and there is no question about it.

Either way we are talking about what I feel is one of the best buys of a phono stage in the highest end of Audio. The cost is much less than some of the mega photo stages that many can get, but the sound you get out of there Rhea is fairly close especially for the cost. If you want to upgrade to the eclipse version, I feel that does go up against mega cost phono stages. As you said that's to my ear and maybe not others. Again Jerry, my original post to you was abrupt and not fair
    No love lost ... We are, in our own way, lovers of music and nice gears. Cheers!
    SME Synergy
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    DS Audio Ioniser

Thanks.
    I personally felt balanced lowered the noise floor a bit. I like balanced better, but I always have.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Rhea vs Rhea Signature