Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Super Moderator

Klipsch La Scala II ?

Anyone have these or comment on the sound? I had Cornwall III's and miss them a little. Wonder how much better these would be? Poor mans Volti or Avantgarde perhaps. Could be fun for the finished basement/playroom.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; December 2, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: Klipsch La Scala II ?

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Anyone have these or comment on the sound? I had Cornwall III's and miss them a little. Wonder how much better these would be? Poor mans Volti or Avantgarde perhaps. Could be fun for the finished basement/playroom.

No way jose is this a poor man's anything. These are among the best.

Compared to the Cornwall III they give up a touch of low end for greater output. If you can manage the Klipschorn, or even better the Jubilee (doesn't require corners)- go for that.

I've heard all of the Heritage (owned) including the Jubilee (not owned).

Super Moderator

Can you provide a link to the Klipsch Jubilee? I've heard about them but not sure if I'm finding the exact info. Thanks.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Mike,

Those are discontinued. I wonder if these are the ones?

KPT-JUBILEE/535-B

NAD C 658 streamer.

Can you provide a link to the Klipsch Jubilee? I've heard about them but not sure if I'm finding the exact info. Thanks.
    The Jubilee is the opus of it's designer, Paul Klipsch. It was meant to be the successor to the Klipschorn, however as speaker sizes got smaller (due to the introduction of powerful solid state amps - I think) they never made it to the retail market.

http://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/behind-the-screen

They live on as professional cinema speakers, you have to contact a pro cinema reseller. On the Klipsch Forum there is a private user's group. You can post publicly there and someone will pull you in and or connect you to the right person.

The bottom line, rough unfinished black, $7000ish pr.

Last edited by joeinid; December 3, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Super Moderator

Thank you so much.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you so much.
    Apologies if I put you in a "Rabbit hole." The LaScala's are excellent. They can fill any residential area with high sound pressure levels!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
    Apologies if I put you in a "Rabbit hole." The LaScala's are excellent. They can fill any residential area with high sound pressure levels!
    No, I really appreciate it. Every year I keep coming back to the Jubilee, but never take it past finding the right deal/dealer. Maybe this year will be different.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe- Ookay!

First contact the forum admin (Amy) at klipsch.com. Request to be added to the Jubilee forum.

Then post that you are interested and see if any members (owners) are near you.

Audition the speakers, it's a must - even if you don't buy them. 109dB/w/m sensitivity puts them well above any mini monitor or bookshelf du jour.

Interms of value, I think, these speakers with an active crossover and four channels worth of amplification will match or exceed Mcintosh MC2K stacks with a pair of McIntosh XRT2K. It won't look as good, but it will be all "Go."

Buy some La Scala's and do the upgrade from Volti.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Super Moderator

I am not sure Greg works on La Scalas, I'll have to check.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I had just assumed.

Nevermind.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I had just assumed.

Nevermind.
    I've been all over his websites because Bruce and I loved Greg's Voltis with Pete's Triode Wire cables and Vinnie Rossi's gear at the last show. Just wonderful.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Heard them many times. It's been many years though. They are amazing speakers. But they lack low end. I'd go for the khorns instead. Assuming you have corners. I owned Chorus IIIs in the 90s.
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

Super Moderator

I really don't have corners to utilize.

Hmmm, maybe Avantgarde Uno XD's

Last edited by joeinid; December 5, 2015 at 12:39 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

If your shopping in the XD price range, just go across town and pick up a pair of KO's. I measure -6 db at 25 hz in my room with no subs. More in line with the sound you like from the Strads' or maybe one of the new Spatial's with the wood frame?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

I do miss my Nola's but I'm feeling a little horny .

How are you enjoying your KO's?

Not to derail my own thread, but how do you like the Modwright LS-100 with tube phono board? More specifically, how good is the phono section? I'm asking for a friend who's interested in the Modwright PH-150.
    Last edited by joeinid; December 5, 2015 at 12:58 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

I am still going through the amps in house to see if I have a match for the KO's or if I have to "try something new." Of the SS crowd the best match surprisingly has been a 15 year old Belles 150A Hot Rod. The best match so far overall has been the Music Reference RM-10 as long as it is not pushed too hard or it thins out on the bottom end. Now that it is finally cooling down I am going to try the Granite KT-88 monos. I keep my eyes open for other tube amps that may work as the ARC and VAC's that Carl is partial too are not in the picture. Uncle Kev has an AES(Cary) model from Dennis's days that looks promising.

As to the LS-100 phono board it is good. It is basically the board from Dan's original stand-alone phono pre-amp. The new unit is supposed to be much better. At the price it sells for I would try several units before deciding like the Zesto.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

I had a pair of LaScala II's for 6 yrs. Great speaker, did a lot of things well. Had them powered by a pair of MC275's. Then later Shindo Montille. Really got the most from them when I added a pair of
    Velodyne DD10 Plus subs. They did leave me with a bit of listener fatigue in longer sessions.
    Amazing Party speaker. I got lucky and bought a pair of brand new "Factory Seconds" in walnut for $3400.
    Highly recommended!
    DALE

Main system: Shindo Masseto, Shindo Cortese, Devore Orangutan O/96, Thorens TD125 MkII by Artisan Fidelity, Ortofon RS-309D, Ortofon SPU Classic, W4S modded Sonos, Metrum dac, Shindo
    and Auditorium A23 cables.
    Second system: Accuphase E-280, B & W CWM7.3 S2, W4S modded Sonos,Metrum dac, A23 cables
    Garage system: Yamaha A-S2100 integrated, JBL PRO 3677, Sonos thru Cambridge Dac Magic.

Man, I can't imagine La Scala IIs with the 15" passive needing a sub. Not that adding a sub would be bad. That wouldn't be a problem for me as I have two SVS subs that I'm using on two separate HT systems. But I wouldn't think La Scala IIs would need a sub? OTOH, I've never heard La Scala IIs so I could be wrong. Hmm...imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Man, I can't imagine La Scala IIs with the 15" passive needing a sub. Not that adding a sub would be bad. That wouldn't be a problem for me as I have two SVS subs that I'm using on two separate HT systems. But I wouldn't think La Scala IIs would need a sub? OTOH, I've never heard La Scala IIs so I could be wrong. Hmm...imagine that.
    The woofer rolls off at 51Hz. Subs are needed unless you don’t care about the bottom octave.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

I have had 2 sets of La Scalas over the last 40 years. I moved to Martin Logans, Cerwin Vegas, Paradigms, JBls (Not in antbparticular order, as I have had La Scalas twice over the 40 years along with other brands), and now back to Klipsch again. This time in am going with modified K402s for my 3 front channels, rp160ms for 4 surrounds, and 4-6 rp150ms for height channels. I am not sure what I will do for subs this time though.

Point being I love Klipsch, and these will be my final speakers.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    HT setup Klipsch K402MEH speakers, Marantz AV8805A Pre, Icepower 125asx2BTL and 50asx2BTL amps Klipsch150m speakers, Zappiti Reference.

Stereo setup same as above for speakers and amps. Denefrips Athena Pre, Pontus ii DAC, Lumin U1 Mini streamer

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Klipsch La Scala II ?