Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

900 Series - Flax Cone Driver

With all the hoopla...and rightly so...over the Sopra; I just came across the new(?) 900 series.

I dig that Flax woven cone; makes me think of Hemp drivers, like Omega used/uses.

Who's heard 'em?
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

Re: 900 Series - Flax Cone Driver

This week, I was able to hear the Focal Aria 948's which use the Flax drivers and they sounded great. They sounded better than the Sonus Faber Venere S and the SF's were connected to all Mac gear including a Mac CDP, while the 948's were connected to a $2700 Sony AVR and a Sony DVDP. Of course the detail was much less with the 948's given the electronics and source but the sound was definitely more pleasing. Both sell for $5K.

The 948's are definitely on my radar to replace my Magnepans. I am not sure about the SF's as they sounded sharp and hurt my ears with vocals at louder volumes.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Anybody have experience with the 900 line? I know prior Focal lines were associated with a brighter house-sound, but that they have made strides in smoothing out their tweeters around the release of the Arias.

I’m intrigued by the 948’s for the MA252.
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

The Kanta line uses the flax drivers and I got a good listen to the 3's last week and have to say they were immediate, fast, and fun. They're on my short list.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Hi Steve. I also enjoyed the Kanta’s when I first heard them. I can’t remember if it was the 2 or 3 (I remember it was the first model released...). They were paired with a Naim Uniti Nova and were very musical.

I’ve actually started toying with the idea of the Sopra 1’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

900 Series - Flax Cone Driver