Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Magico S5 mk2

Re: Magico S5 mk2

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I guess that is a question of personal preference. As already a second time Magico owner, I love their design, believe in their engineering and enjoy their sound. No question about that. While I complain about the hype, I also do enjoy it and read all the writings .

Magico is a phantastic marketing company as well, way better than most of the high-end joints. But the question is what is too much. Sometimes, when you are truly outstanding, a little understatement is way cooler. E.g. while the M-Project is probably the most exciting speaker out there currently, in many people's eyes JVs 4-article series about it discredited the author, the magazine and the brand. In comparison, Rolls-Royce technical specs typically refer to any model's horsepower as "sufficient". In case of the S7, there has been a lots of marketing, but no reviews yet. Personally, I would have waited a bit before announcing the S5 mk2, as some of the S7 energy will now evaporate.

I heard the S7 in Munich, not for very long, not in the best conditions, not in their best demo (phase glitch). So, I will have to set aside time for a more quiet demo. But as a concept they are exciting.

What also needs to be understood now, is what we will get with the S5 mk2 in comparison to the S7. I personally preferred the S3 to the original S5 due to the improved midrange. And as I am not a bass head, I am not sure whether I will need three 10" woofers instead of two (also, I'm not sure whether the S7 also features the graphene coating in the woofers as announed for the S5 mk2 or if they are just aluminum). For me personally the S5 mk2 is now the most exciting product in the line-up (also strongly prefer the new design, just love it), while the S7 is yesterday's news. In European scoccer terms, when someone puts the ball in their own net, we call that an own-goal.
    This should answer your woofer question. It's more than quantity.

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/magico-s7/

No hype, this is a totally new speaker. So good, technology here (as with the Mpro) is going to trickle up and down. What would people want Magico, a technology driven company to do? Sit on this new groundbreaking technology? (Note there are other speakers too using very new technology for their speaker drivers too. I think when people really get to hear the new versions, they will be amazed at the price/performance ratio.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

You see, Myles, you already proved me wrong. I should have said full reviews .

As you had the opportunity for a 1:1 comparison between the S7 and the old S5, the interesting question now is, how would the S5 mk2 and S7 compare. If I have understood correctly, the S5 mk2 should feature many of the innovations as well, which were introduced earlier in the S7.

Maybe you have to re-do your comparison...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

You see, Myles, you already proved me wrong. I should have said full reviews .

As you had the opportunity for a 1:1 comparison between the S7 and the old S5, the interesting question now is, how would the S5 mk2 and S7 compare. If I have understood correctly, the S5 mk2 should feature many of the innovations as well, which were introduced earlier in the S7.

Maybe you have to re-do your comparison...

Yes, it's too bad the new S5 wasn't ready when I was out at Magicos in August. I'm sure that Bob @ Rhapsody will probably have the new S5 Mk. 2 when its available.

You know the real problem is that technology is moving at pace that people are uncomfortable with. You buy a DAC or transport and its obsolete before you plug it in. In fact, there may be a new digital format before you plug it in.
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Quote Originally Posted by LVB View Post
    Magico used prices, on an average, are as good (or bad) as any other high-end brand (in fact quite better than some, see Alexandria X2 on AG for $51K, or a typical Raidho or the big YG for 70% off ). I looked at Ayre, again, same as the rest averaging ~50% discount (Magico on an average is actually doing better). The V3 is 8 years old, and hold their value better than a similar era WP7 or Focal.

But hey, don't let the facts ruin your story
    LVB,

I don't know where you saw big YGs for 70% off. I monitor Audiogon frequently. Right now, there's not a single current production YG in there, and there hasn't been for quite a while.

Can't say the same thing for Magicos, Focal, Wilson, etc.

And as I am not a bass head, I am not sure whether I will need three 10" woofers instead of two (also, I'm not sure whether the S7 also features the graphene coating in the woofers as announed for the S5 mk2 or if they are just aluminum).
    As far as I understand the whole nanotubes / graphene technology, the nanotubes - and now the graphene - are used as an additive to the resin that holds carbon fibre together (carbon fibre by itself is a soft fabric; to make it stiff you need to soak it in resin; adding nanotubes powder changes the mechanical properties of the resin). As the woofers' diaphragms are made from aluminium, it is not possible to coat them. The only part of the woofer where graphene could be applied, is the dust cap, which is made from carbon fibre.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
    Yes, it's too bad the new S5 wasn't ready when I was out at Magicos in August. I'm sure that Bob @ Rhapsody will probably have the new S5 Mk. 2 when its available.

You know the real problem is that technology is moving at pace that people are uncomfortable with. You buy a DAC or transport and its obsolete before you plug it in. In fact, there may be a new digital format before you plug it in.
    Our S7's are fully broken in and our S5II's are scheduled to ship in about a month from now.....time will tell. And Myles, thx for the free commercial

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    As far as I understand the whole nanotubes / graphene technology, the nanotubes - and now the graphene - are used as an additive to the resin that holds carbon fibre together (carbon fibre by itself is a soft fabric; to make it stiff you need to soak it in resin; adding nanotubes powder changes the mechanical properties of the resin). As the woofers' diaphragms are made from aluminium, it is not possible to coat them. The only part of the woofer where graphene could be applied, is the dust cap, which is made from carbon fibre.
    Thanks for the explanation Adam, I was wondering about that.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

You are probably right. I usually keep the speakers for no less than 3 years. 3 months will not make that much of a difference. I will borrow something just for the time beeing.

I just paid a deposit for the S5 mk 2
    Wow congrats !
    I consider the S5 one of my best audio investment as it gave me tons of enjoyment over the last 2.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The following errors occurred with your submission

• Mike has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Adam

Audioshark

The following errors occurred with your submission

• Mike has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    HA! I just deleted some old messages.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Thank you for the explanation, Elberoth. This was really helpful. It was indeed unclear to me how graphene could be used with the aluminum woofers.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I mention that in my piece. Alon actually has a small sample of the carbon fiber resin, graphene mockup on his desk. But I'm not so sure only applied to dust cap.

I mention that in my piece. Alon actually has a small sample of the carbon fiber resin, graphene mockup on his desk. But I'm not so sure only applied to dust cap.
    I asked the gentleman who was showing me around the factory about any graphene in the bass driver. He did say it was only used in the dust caps.

Allen

Just to clarify matters.

The tweeter and midrange in the S7 will be used in the S1 Mk II and S5 Mk II. The midrange cone material (graphene) is as described in the press release.

The woofer (x2) in the S5 Mk II are identical to the S7 woofer (aluminum cones with graphene dust caps).

The base plate and top caps are also new designs and much different compared to the original S1 and S5.

Me thinks that's pretty amazing trickle down technology and those speakers should be amazing.

Just to clarify matters.

The tweeter and midrange in the S7 will be used in the S1 Mk II and S5 Mk II. The midrange cone material (graphene) is as described in the press release.

The woofer (x2) in the S5 Mk II are identical to the S7 woofer (aluminum cones with graphene dust caps).

The base plate and top caps are also new designs and much different compared to the original S1 and S5.

Me thinks that's pretty amazing trickle down technology and those speakers should be amazing.
    Would be difficult to summarize that better. Can't wait to hear the S5 mk2.

I only wish Magico introduced the S2 model: using the same box as the S1, only with two 7-inch midwoofers (Magico V2 arrangement) instead of just one. That would be a bestseller, if priced right.
    Adam

I only wish Magico introduced the S2 model: using the same box as the S1, only with two 7-inch midwoofers (Magico V2 arrangement) instead of just one. That would be a bestseller, if priced right.
    +1. To me a more rational line up would be S1, S2, S5, S7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audioshark

Super Moderator

Hmmmm, I think I am starting to warm up to these
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Super Moderator

S2, S4, S6, S8. Who do we appreciate? Magico, Magico, goooooooooooo Magicooooooooo
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Notice how Magico is keeping the S5 and S7 tweeter at the same height. It would be nice if Alon did an S5v1/S5v2 comparison like he did with the S5/S7. In that situation, the S7 was clearly better, but, at twice the price of an S5, I didn't feel it was twice as good. However, after adding in appearance, I could almost mentally rationalize it. The problem I experienced with that demo is that later at home, under optimum conditions (late at night, amps on for 48 hours) I would get the feeling I was at Magico listening to the S7. Lol

Anyway, I will be looking forward to reading people's impression of the S5v2.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    +1

Banned

If that's the case, you shouldn't have sold the Devialet 400.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    If that's the case, you shouldn't have sold the Devialet 400.
    I think my ART monos will do nicely.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I think my ART monos will do nicely.
    Is that a hint Joe??

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas9 View Post
    Is that a hint Joe??

You know, it could be. I want to be like Myles

I know he loves his setup and friends who've heard it agree. He graciously invited me over to hear his setup and I think before I pull any big triggers, I'd like to take him up on his offer. I'd like to experience the combo for myself.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe,

The Strads and the S5 couldn't be more different sounding in my opinion. They are at opposite ends of the audio spectrum. I would think you would like Sonus Faber Lilium or Il Cremonese a lot more if you wanted to go for something newer.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Super Moderator

Hi Ken,

That's exactly why I'd consider them.

My Strads are going NOWHERE!

It might be fun to have a ying/yang thing going on. I know it seems like I'm all over the map, but eventually everything will sort out in my head.

I'd love to hear the other 2 Sonus Fabers you mention but I love my Strads too much to cheat on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Joe,

The Strads and the S5 couldn't be more different sounding in my opinion. They are at opposite ends of the audio spectrum. I would think you would like Sonus Faber Lilium or Il Cremonese a lot more if you wanted to go for something newer.

Best,
    Ken

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Ken,

That's exactly why I'd consider them.

My Strads are going NOWHERE!

It might be fun to have a ying/yang thing going on. I know it seems like I'm all over the map, but eventually everything will sort out in my head.

I'd love to hear the other 2 Sonus Fabers you mention but I love my Strads too much to cheat on them.
    Joe,

Ok, I understand now, two independent systems with very different sonic signatures. I'll be interested to hear if you like the sonics of the S5 MKII once you've auditioned them. I guess what I was getting at is if you love the sound of your Strads, the presentation of the S5 MKII may not be your cup of tea. When I did a head-to-head comparison of the Raidho D3 V2 and the Magico S5, I loved the presentation of the D3 V2 but the S5 wasn't my cup of tea. I'm sure others that have done the same comparison that loved the S5's would say the exact same thing about the D3 V2.

Best,
    Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Super Moderator

On their own, I'd confess I'm not a huge Magico fan. With the right gear, I know I could love them. I had a demo of the S1 and S5 with Viva amps and Constellation preamp. I have to say it was pretty amazing. So hearing CJ gear on the new kids could be pretty special.

If I had only one system with vinyl and nothing else, it would be Raidho at number one. I heard my friend Bruce's Raidho D3 and the system was 'make me cry' good. OMG, so smooth and sweet with wall to wall and top to bottom huge soundstage with front to back depth to die for. It's like I could pick out voices and instruments. Amazing. Add digital to the Raidho and I get a slight bite that I am not crazy about. Granted this was before Lampizator DSD with that special tube combo, so I'd have to revisit that setup.

NAD C 658 streamer.

On their own, I'd confess I'm not a huge Magico fan. With the right gear, I know I could love them. I had a demo of the S1 and S5 with Viva amps and Constellation preamp. I have to say it was pretty amazing. So hearing CJ gear on the new kids could be pretty special.
    The described synergy might not be too much of a suprise, as Alon is voicing Magicos with Constellation gear .

If I had only one system with vinyl and nothing else, it would be Raidho at number one. I heard my friend Bruce's Raidho D3 and the system was 'make me cry' good. OMG, so smooth and sweet with wall to wall and top to bottom huge soundstage with front to back depth to die for. It's like I could pick out voices and instruments. Amazing. Add digital to the Raidho and I get a slight bite that I am not crazy about. Granted this was before Lampizator DSD with that special tube combo, so I'd have to revisit that setup.
    Joe,

I think Lampi DSD with the right tubes would smooth out any treble bite on either the Raidho ribbon or Magico diamond-beryllium tweeters. By moving to the K-01X and replacing my WW Platinum 7 USB cable with the Totaldac, I've successfully eliminated any treble edginess from my system in all but the most offensive recordings. And there's not a tube to be seen in my room.

Best,
    Ken

Joe,

I think Lampi DSD with the right tubes would smooth out any treble bite on either the Raidho ribbon or Magico diamond-beryllium tweeters. By moving to the K-01X and replacing my WW Platinum 7 USB cable with the Totaldac, I've successfully eliminated any treble edginess from my system in all but the most offensive recordings. And there's not a tube to be seen in my room.

Best,
    Ken
    Like that point of view, there are many ways to achieve the same aim.

Sitting now in my vacation home, enjoying X-mas vacation and hearing really nice stuff on a cheapie system, compared to what I do have at home in the family room.

Loved my Ayon tube amp, but over time I got frustrated with having a different sound every time I wanted to listen to music. So, no more tubes for me. That said, I would not replace my Mesa tube guitar amp for any money in the world. Took me fifteen years to find the right sound.

So, on a cheaper level, what Ken describes, the Cardas Clear USB did the same trick for me.

Did I say no more tubes for me? For some time now I feel tempted to buy the ARC SP20 - just to try it out. Around X-mas it hit me again. This hobby is terrible .

The Cardas Clear is an outstanding USB cable with a relaxed and very musical presentation. It's one of my favorites. Nice choice!

Ken

The Cardas Clear is an outstanding USB cable with a relaxed and very musical presentation. It's one of my favorites. Nice choice!

Ken
    It's nice you can make statements like that on this forum without some moron demanding measurements from you to prove that statement, and then implying you are delusional for hearing what you hear.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Any dealers or end users see either of these out in the wild yet??

Any dealers or end users see either of these out in the wild yet??
    Not yet, but maybe at Highend in May.

Audioshark

I hope to have mine the end of May. Getting my S1 mk2's tomorrow I think. Magico S5 mk2Magico S5 mk2Magico S5 mk2Magico S5 mk2

I hope to have mine the end of May. Getting my S1 mk2's tomorrow I think. Magico S5 mk2Magico S5 mk2Magico S5 mk2Magico S5 mk2

Can't wait to hear your impressions!! Exciting stuff mike

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

I thought the first S5 mk 2 pairs were supposed to be delivered in January 2016 ?
    Adam

I thought the first S5 mk 2 pairs were supposed to be delivered in January 2016 ?
    Think it was just Q1 2016. But I haven't heard a peep from anyone and there's only a few weeks left in the first quarter.

Think it was just Q1 2016. But I haven't heard a peep from anyone and there's only a few weeks left in the first quarter.

I haven't read about anyone seeing/hearing it at shows or at dealers'. Anyone ?

They are here

Just received my pair of Magico S5 mk2 (serial numbers 00007 & 00008) here in Australia. I guess that makes them the 4th pair to roll off the production line. I assume the first pair (serial number 00001 & 00002) are the white ones that Magico are showing and which are in their listening room now.

Locally I was the first to order them - straight after Mono & Stereo leaked the news of the mark 2 versions. I think it was mid Nov when I placed my order. There have been a few delays at Magico, as my delivery date kept slipping/changing - but it now appears S5Mk2 production has started.

My dealer was good to me, he’s made sure I received my pair first before he has his own demo pair, hence I have them before him.
    They are still in their container boxes, as I need help to unpack them and move them into my apartment. There are a few steps to get them into my Apartment - have asked my brother to come round this weekend to help me unpack and move them in.

You should expect dealers to start receiving theirs and hopefully soon you’ll all able to see and hear them yourselves. I believe there is a very high demand, so it may take some time for everyone to receive theirs.

I won’t be able to give impression/comparison against the original S5 as I only heard that speaker first & last time 4 years ago and for 15mins only. My comparison will against my previous Magico S3 speaker, which I owned for a couple of years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Jambo. Congratulations on a great pair of speakers.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Congrats Jambo! Welcome to AS. My pair is on order, but not expected until late May. I'm really looking forward to your impressions. I have a hunch that they will be speaker of the year for many with a phenomenal price to performance ratio. May I ask, what are you going to pair them with? What's the rest of your system?

Welcome and congratulations Jambo!

I just read this morning that the S5 MKIIs will be showcased at AXPONA in a few weeks.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    They are here

Just received my pair of Magico S5 mk2 (serial numbers 00007 & 00008) here in Australia. I guess that makes them the 4th pair to roll off the production line. I assume the first pair (serial number 00001 & 00002) are the white ones that Magico are showing and which are in their listening room now.

Locally I was the first to order them - straight after Mono & Stereo leaked the news of the mark 2 versions. I think it was mid Nov when I placed my order. There have been a few delays at Magico, as my delivery date kept slipping/changing - but it now appears S5Mk2 production has started.

My dealer was good to me, he’s made sure I received my pair first before he has his own demo pair, hence I have them before him.
    They are still in their container boxes, as I need help to unpack them and move them into my apartment. There are a few steps to get them into my Apartment - have asked my brother to come round this weekend to help me unpack and move them in.

You should expect dealers to start receiving theirs and hopefully soon you’ll all able to see and hear them yourselves. I believe there is a very high demand, so it may take some time for everyone to receive theirs.

I won’t be able to give impression/comparison against the original S5 as I only heard that speaker first & last time 4 years ago and for 15mins only. My comparison will against my previous Magico S3 speaker, which I owned for a couple of years.
    Kindly keep us posted on the S3 vs. S5 mk II comparison. Keen to hear your impressions.

Hi Jambo,

Congratulations on the S5's. I hope they live up to your expectations

Good to see S5 MkII finally being delivered. Most interested to hear impression on the S5 MkII, more so if compared to S3 or S5.

It seems they have changed the way the speakers are crated/shipped. The come (at last !) on casters, so you can roll them out of the crates, just like Wilsons.

I'm surprised they travel in vertical position (unlike Wilson, Rockports, Avalons etc) as that puts a much greater strain on drive units during shipping and may even result in drive units' damage.
    Adam

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico S5 mk2