Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexx

Banned

Alexx

Published on Nov 3, 2015
    Wilson is excited to announce its third all-new loudspeaker in as many years. The Alexx will fit above the Alexia and below the Alexandria XLF in Wilson's lineup. Like the Alexia and the Sabrina that preceded it, Alexx will push the proverbial envelope in the areas of coherence, dynamic contrast, and musicality for its category. Within the Alexx platform, Wilson Audio continues its exploration of low-resonance composites and cabinet geometries—the implementation of which significantly advances the state-of-the-art for ultra-low-noise cabinets. New drivers within ground-breaking modular configurations—all complimented by our latest thinking on industrial design—complete the picture. Look for Alexx in the first quarter of 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhZMZofrDk

Super Moderator

Re: Alexx

Thanks !

Looks awesome.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

it looks very nice. A replacement for the Maxx?

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Audioshark

Hopefully we will be able to hear it at CES.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

They must be saving the moniker Climaxx for a statement speaker.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Banned

I thought the new WAMM is their statement speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    I thought the new WAMM is their statement speaker.
    I will be when it is finished and released.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    They must be saving the moniker Climaxx for a statement speaker.

Seriously, think its Maxx3 replacement. I suppose if anyone don't mind the Maxx 3 sound (why would anyone I wonder as after all, yesterday it was still one of the top nice speakers), must be a good discount.
    SME Synergy
    Thorens TD147 Jubilee (Restored) + Ortofon A-Mono
    Roon Nucleus+ 4TB + Plixir Elite LPS
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    Air Tight ATC-5 Pre + ATM300R + ATH-3
    Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
    Audience AU24 SX Cables, Interconnects & aR6 OX Power Conditioner
    DS Audio Ioniser
    Audio-Philar Rack & Amp Stand

Banned

The video makes a couple of references to the WAMM, I assume the new one. When will that be introduced?
    Main System: Krell MD-2 CD turntable, Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA-3, VPI Prime, Allnic 1201, D'Agostino Momentum Preamp and Stereo Amp, Wilson Sasha 2, JL CR-1, JL F110 (2), Klaudio RCM.
    Headphone System: Woo WA22, Woo WA8, Audeze LCD-3, Sennheiser HD800S, Enigma Dharma D1000, Focal Elear, A&K AK320, JH Audio JH16, Noble K10.
    Bedroom System: Krell S-1000, Krell KST-100, ProAc Signature 50, Oppo BDP-93, Squeezebox Transporter.
    Museum: Son of Ampzilla, Usher BE-718, Infinity Black Widow, Hafler DH-101, Theta DS Pro Basic, Micro Seiki BL51 w/Eminent Technology II tonearm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5voh0ch3t...lease.pdf?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints
    Kuzma / Focal / Resonessence Labs / ARIA / KRELL / Pro-Ject...

would like to hear some rap and progressiv through the alexx......then again the waf in my case would be getting kicked in the balls (probably daily, again and again until alexx would leave)

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    then again the waf in my case would be getting kicked in the balls (probably daily, again and again until alexx would leave)
    I think I would live with that if it meant I could have the Alexx in my house.
    Audio Den

Audio Physic, B&W, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Paradigm, Golden Ear, Wilson Audio, Audio Research, Anthem, Arye, Bel Canto, Classe, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, JL Audio, Marantz, McIntosh, NAD, Parasound, PrimaLuna, Rotel, Simaudio, Technics, Clearaudio, Dr. Feickert, EAT, Pro-Ject, Thorens, Benz Micro, Denon, Grado, Ortofon, Sumiko, Audioquest, Nordost, Shunyata, Transparent Cable, Audeze, Sennheiser, King Sound, Master and Dynamic, Okki Nokki and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by BobNY View Post
    I think I would live with that if it meant I could have the Alexx in my house.
    lol
    give and take...... jin & yang

mauidan

Attached Images Attached Images

They look great in that color - looks like a graphite gray color...

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Had the Oppurtunity to listen to Wilson Audio Alexx speakers Saturday afternoon.
    Gear used Audio Reserch CD6, D'Angostino stereo amp and mono blocks Transparent XL speaker cable
    Peter McGrath was in attendance to demo the Alexx speakers. Peter used some of his own live recordings and
    some of his favorite redbook CD's. Live recordings were the best with some of the material at times making you believe
    there were artist in the room. I know this is a over used term but there is just sometimes where you just can't use any other
    term but LIVE ...piano key were tickled to the point that Steinway grand was placed just behind the speakers viloin forward to the left
    drum snare skin when hit made you kind of set back in disblief, compression was little to none on the recordings whether redbook or live
    this is one of those experiances that you just don't forget. Glad I attended. this was held at a local shop in dallas.
    Kevin

mauidan

Attached Images Attached Images

What is the MSRP of the Alexx in the US ?
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    What is the MSRP of the Alexx in the US ?
    Starting at 109k US$

Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints

Audioshark

Getting a pair Jerome?

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by highEndguy View Post
    Starting at 109k US$

Thanks !
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Getting a pair Jerome?
    No Mike. Simple curiosity.

Alexx

Curiosity killedl the cat

Caribbean Distributor of

Curiosity killedl the cat

You know once upon a time, there was a US company able to produce the best drivers and speakers in the galaxy. And no one of them ever cost the price of a Wilson Sabrina.
    And one day, for a very mysterious reason, this company decided to build only very cheap and low quality little active speakers for computers.
    This is the sadness in mass market economy.
    Hopefully there are a few passionated audio lovers around the world, able to restore / rebuild these wonders. And I am very lucky that I met one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    You know once upon a time, there was a US company able to produce the best drivers and speakers in the galaxy. And no one of them ever cost the price of a Wilson Sabrina.
    And one day, for a very mysterious reason, this company decided to build only very cheap and low quality little active speakers for computers.
    This is the sadness in mass market economy.
    Hopefully there are a few passionated audio lovers around the world, able to restore / rebuild these wonders. And I am very lucky that I met one of them.
    AR?

Caribbean Distributor of

AR?

Altec Lansing.

Went into the Wilson distributor today and had a listen to the new Wilson Alexx.

I'll say straight up. This is the best I have heard any system sound at the Audio Connection and that is saying something as I have heard the big MBL's Martin Logan's, TAD, Tidal, Steinway.

System was DCS digital front end, VTL S-400 stereo amp, Gryphon pre amp and Nordost Valhalla2 cabling - listened to a few records but selection was poor and not a big fan of Clearaudio.

Coherency, power and lack of distortion was what I took out of listening for an hour and half or so. Anyway, if I win Lotto

with the white grills on they are pig ugly IMO

Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Audioshark

Very nice! Love the color. Think I would have gone with black grills though. Anyway, I have a question. I noticed at Axpona, the ALEXX's were ported on the front:

In the stock photos, again, ported in the front:

But the ones you posted above don't have the front ports. Any reason for the change?

I asked if they had played with the ports. They had not changed the ports since they received them.

So ported at the back I guess is standard setting from Wilson.

The stock photos I assume show that they can be different to normal port at the back.

Cheers
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

Thank you XV for the pics and comments--some fine electronics as well -- I wondered though if their room is setup according to the Wilson Audio Method rulebook?

Just curious --also some nice artwork on the rear wall but not certain if the Glass affects the sonics--they seem to be in one/two of the reflection points.

Thank you for the Posting

BruceD

PS: I'm with you --I'm not a fan of Clearaudio products

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Thank you XV for the pics and comments--some fine electronics as well -- I wondered though if their room is setup according to the Wilson Audio Method rulebook?

Just curious --also some nice artwork on the rear wall but not certain if the Glass affects the sonics--they seem to be in one/two of the reflection points.

Thank you for the Posting

BruceD

PS: I'm with you --I'm not a fan of Clearaudio products
    Hi Bruce

Pretty much, yes but the speakers are currently being run in for an upcoming review.

This is the distributor's warehouse, so does not look as fancy as their showrooms. This room is very large on both sides so the back wall does not realky interfere what I could hear.

Cheers

First in DR

Caribbean Distributor of

Alexx

Thanks Peter and WA for all the support

Caribbean Distributor of

Audioshark

Wow! Very nice. Congrats.

Caribbean Distributor of

Caribbean Distributor of

Alexx

Sharing photos from my local forum - Alexx driven by Goldmund mono blocks.

[quote author=francishuang link=topic=119165.msg1184274#msg1184274 date=1482245868]
    Finally Alexx is in....
    ;D

[/quote]

Nice ...! What speaker cables ......... ?

Not sure but looks like Nordost Odin 2. He "plays" with Ansuz Diamonds/DTC, Nordost Odins and the like.

First in DR

Nice Nelson, you must be stoked! Wish I could take a winter visit to D.R.

Merry Christmas!

Audioshark

Look at that room. I'm speechless.

You would be surprised to know , Very good acoustics ...

How could anyone looking at that mess honestly take that review seriously.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

So the "junk" appearance is by acoustical design? Don't introduce me to his room designer then.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Who said anything about design i said you would be Surprised at how good the acoustics could be ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Alexx