Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

NYC on Dec 3rd - 6th

My wife and I are spending a weekend in NYC in early December. We are combining a little business with pleasure at the big apple.

Booked end an evening at The Blue Note to see/listen to Fourplay. In the process of booking restaurants. I'm sure my wife will have me visit stores.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Re: NYC on Dec 3rd - 6th

[COLOR=white !important][IMG]chrome://pbk/content/blackbar_original_2_loadconfig_error.png[/IMG][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=white !important][IMG]chrome://pbk/content/blackbar_original_2_loadconfig.png[/IMG][/COLOR]
    Fourplay is always a good show. I have seen them several times and have 5 or 6 CDs.

Enjoy your visit, and stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings. NYC is a far cry from Arkansas

Now when I visited Bee Branch Arkansas, I noticed everyone had a rifle hanging from a gun rack inside their pickup trucks. I asked my cousin why and the reply was "To keep it even".

That was also the first and hopefully only time I eat Squirrel.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Thx Brian. Been to NYC many times. Have lived and worked in a number of large cities around the country/world.

I must say, this little NW corner of Arkansas is quite a gem. Safe, convinient, nice landscape, nice people and the arts are getting better and better. Have you heard of the Crystal Bridges Museum? Google it...you'll be suprised.

Thx!

Mike

[COLOR=white !important][IMG]chrome://pbk/content/blackbar_original_2_loadconfig_error.png[/IMG][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=white !important][IMG]chrome://pbk/content/blackbar_original_2_loadconfig.png[/IMG][/COLOR]
    Mike,

Cool museum indeed. I was just clicking about and hit this page
    http://collection.crystalbridges.org...d-79da7a2fc8e3

I center city Philly, we have Love Park, with another of the same sculpture by Robert Indiana
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOVE_Park
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Been there. Consulted in Philly for a few years (major cable provider - hint). Thx for sharing!

Mike

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I hope you and Carmen have a great time !!!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Thx Mark!

Mike

Mike, enjoy the trip! We love NYC during the holiday season. It just takes on a different character.

If you can sneak away for a few hours, I'm just about an hour away from NYC. Drop by for a visit, some wine and some tunes!

Allen

Enjoy NYC and Fourplay. No other city like New York.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Thx Allen and Cyril. My wife has practically planned every minute of this trip. I get Fourplay at the Blue Note on Friday.

Mike

We did our visit to NYC last week. As expected, the city was very crowded but weather was fantastic. The tree at the Rockefeller Center was extraordinary as were the decorations in the area. St Patrick's looked terrific.

We did spend some time in the WTC memorial. After 14 years, I still remember vividly the events on 9/11. A very sad day for our country. The memorial has been done tastefully.

As I expected, every minute during the three day weekend was planned for by my wife. We did manage to attend a couple of great venues. On Friday at the Blue Note we listened to Fourplay - these guys are awesome! And, on Saturday at BB King's place it was Peter White, Mindi Abbair and Rick Braun. They are doing their Christmas tour but they also played some of their bests - it was a party! I actually had a chance to meet Peter after the show - super nice guy.

Thx to the Sharksters for the various invitations. Unfortunately, between my wife's shopping, restaurants, music venues and a couple of stops for martinis, there was no time for audio visits.

Got to love NYC during the holidays!

Thx!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    We did our visit to NYC last week. As expected, the city was very crowded but weather was fantastic. The tree at the Rockefeller Center was extraordinary as were the decorations in the area. St Patrick's looked terrific.

We did spend some time in the WTC memorial. After 14 years, I still remember vividly the events on 9/11. A very sad day for our country. The memorial has been done tastefully.

As I expected, every minute during the three day weekend was planned for by my wife. We did manage to attend a couple of great venues. On Friday at the Blue Note we listened to Fourplay - these guys are awesome! And, on Saturday at BB King's place it was Peter White, Mindi Abbair and Rick Braun. They are doing their Christmas tour but they also played some of their bests - it was a party! I actually had a chance to meet Peter after the show - super nice guy.

Thx to the Sharksters for the various invitations. Unfortunately, between my wife's shopping, restaurants, music venues and a couple of stops for martinis, there was no time for audio visits.

Thx!
    Sorry we couldn't hook up! Maybe next time.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Goldmund Telos 1000 Nextgen mono amplifiers, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi Audio EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostages, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
    Sorry we couldn't hook up! Maybe next time.
    Thx for the invitation Myles. Indeed, we'll connect the next time!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post

Thx!
    Glad you had a great time. You saw some great music for sure. I have seen Fourplay several times and I also saw a show called An evening of Guitar and Sax, where Peter White played as well as Rick Braun, Craig Chaquico and a few others. The venue was sold out except for the 2 seats directly in front of us in the 4th row. I think it was on purpose because When Rick Braun came on, he came from the back playing wireless and sat on the arm of the seat in front of my wife and serenaded her, so to say. When Craig Chaquico played, he also came out into the audience and stood on the 2 seats in front of us playing Find Your Way Back as I watched the second hand on his Rolex tick bye.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Mike...glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC and got some good music in. What were the highlights in terms of restaurants that you went to?
    Cyril
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Brian - Both Rick and Mindi came around and did a bit of jamming around the floor. The crowd (we) loved it!

Mike

Cyril,

Other than several exceptions below, we did not do a lot of restaurants. We were on the go most of the time.

On Friday, we went to Charlie Bird in SoHo for lunch - very much a farm to table place (not elegant but different, fresh food and good wine list). On Saturday we ate at the Peninsula and enjoyed some really good martinis. And, the best meal we had in NYC was at Patsy's on Sunday for lunch.

Mike

Cyril

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

NYC on Dec 3rd - 6th