Updated Naim DR amps and RMAF demo?
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated Naim DR amps and RMAF demo?

All those who heard the Naim Naim NAC N 272, Naim NAP 250 DR and Naim XPS power supply for the 272 with the Focal Sopra 1's at RMAF, can you please tell me what you loved about that system.

I sold my Supernait 2 to a friend and miss that piece.

I know Sean has/had one for sale to fund his new life with beautiful Christine and he loved the Naim too.

I know you guys know I'm a little off the wall, but as I thin the heard, I am getting back to basics and focussing on musicality, what I love in a system and think I want that toe-tapping Naim sound with PRAT back.

The new amps have that DR (Discrete Regulator) update that made my Supernait 2 and HiCap DR sound so good.

Anyone here still have or plan on getting Naim?
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated Naim DR amps and RMAF demo?

No current plans, but I do like the musicality so you never know!!!!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Magico M2s, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)
    Post Thanks / Like

That system had such great cohesion and I just couldn't get enough of the sound. Beautiful sound and tons of toe tapping.

Maybe the best way to describe it? FUN!
    Mark

REL S2 Subwoofers
    Lumin A1 Network Streamer
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Klaudio Ultrasonic record cleaner
    Kimber Select 6063 speaker cables
    Kimber Select 1116 XLR IC's
    Shunyata Cobra Zi-tron,and Ansuz Ceramic power cords,
    Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributer

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Thank you Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    That system had such great cohesion and I just couldn't get enough of the sound. Beautiful sound and tons of toe tapping.

Joe

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post

+1...really enjoyed it. Listened to much more expensive systems in Denver but this one stood out. It was very musical and transparent with excellent soundstage - lots of toe tapping in this room.

Mike

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike!
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

300 DR