Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Bryston - New Phono Products

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: New Bryston 1/3rd Size Phono Products

October, 2015

Hi Folks,

Please see below the newest 1/3rd size ‘Phono Products’ we are introducing this month.

Projected USA List Prices

_MG_3671.JPG

BMC-MM/MC Phono = $1,750.00
    Moving-Magnet and Moving-Coil Phono Stage

BMM- MM Phono = $800.00
    Moving-Magnet Phono Stage

_MG_3643.JPG

PS-3 Power Supply = $1,000.00
    Power Supply for BMC and BMM Phono Stages

_MG_3632.JPG

TF-2 Transformer = $1,500.00
    Moving-Coil Step-Up Transformer

Re: Bryston - New Phono Products

SUBJECT: Bryston Moving-Coil Step-Up Transformer

December 2015

Most Moving-Magnet phono stages expect to receive a signal between 3-6 mV at their input from the cartridge.

A step-up Moving-Coil transformer is designed to accept the lower voltage output from the MC cartridge and increase the voltage to a point which is acceptable to the input stage of the standard MM phono section.
    The Bryston TF-2 Moving-Coil step-up transformer is available in two versions...with a 20dB or a 30dB gain option.

Your choice on which unit is most appropriate will be determined by the voltage output of your chosen cartridge.

• From .1 to .2 mV we would recommend the 30dB version

• At .3 mV we would say either version would work fine

• From .4 to .5 mV or more we would recommend the 20dB version

An important point to consider when choosing which Step-up to use is you do not want to over-power or under-power the MM phono stage.
    Under-powering results in not having enough GAIN in the system and over-powering can result in voltage overload and the resultant distortion.

Hi Folks,

The new 1/3rd size phono stage is based on the BP 1.5 - a review below.

http://www.tonepublications.com/anal...-5-phonostage/

james

DEALER FEEDBACK

Hi James

When do you expect the turntables to ship? I received the new Bryston 1/3rd size phono products this week and already have them out in a functional display

So far the BP-2 MM/MC phono stage sounds awesome! Very alive with good frequency depth and weight. I think I'll take it home this weekend and try them out with my London Gold and Hana SL.

I have to tell you, I still have this dream of owning a BP26 with MPS2 and now both BP-MC and BP-MM.

James Davies

Hi Folks,

Link to the new Bryston Phono products on our website:

http://bryston.com/products/phono/BP-2.html

james

Hi James,

Just connected the new phono...and its absolutely superb out of the box !

Beautiful tonal balance and a level if detail and depth which i never experienced before...now i know what i missed all these years..

Cheers to you !

Tom

Hi James,

I think I already did, but did I tell you how stupid good the new 3 piece Bryston phono-stage is?

phono.PNG

I’m using the TF-2(30db)/BP2-MM/PS-3 at an MSRP of 3.3K CDN between an Ortofon A65/Kronos Pro turntable/Kronos Black Beauty Tonearm/ SPSC Power supply MSRP 66K USD and the Tenor Line1/Power1 pre-amp MSRP $115K CDN.

Price-wise the Bryston is completely outclassed, making up less than 2% of the total cost of the turntable/phonostage/pre-amp and WOW, I’m am just stunned. It’s so natural yet detailed. Has tons of gain and energy yet extremely quiet. This is such a fantastic phono pre-amp regardless of price. At only $3300 and $2750 for the BP-2 MM/MC with PS-3 (which is the way I would go if I wasn’t a retailer needing a transformer (TF-2) to demo on it’s own) it’s a killer bargain.

Another job well done by the Bryston team, congrats.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    Audio by Mark Jones

Gents,

I inserted the TF-2 into my system last night. So the Ortofon Quintet Black feeds the TF-2 into the phono stage of the CJ preamp. I sure have plenty of gain now!

My system is very different than it was in CT, but I can’t tell yet which characteristics to attribute to room acoustics and which to the new cartridge. But I had imaging this evening way outside the speakers and good depth too. Dynamics of the Quintet Black are good and my system is resolving that well.

I played Surfer Girl and In My Room from a MoFi pressing of Surfer Girl and the staging was awesome, vocal presentation dead center.

Mike

SUBJECT: Bryston Phono Stage – New Review – Coming Soon

August 2018

Hi Folks,

A superb in-depth review on the Bryston Phono stage is due out shortly in a new NOVO Magazine ‘High-End’ online publication – will send complete review link when available.

Sneak peek below.

Novo Logo.JPG

The Bryston BP-2 MM/MC Phono Preamp/With The PS-3 Power Supply:

By Andre Marc

“In fact, the Bryston BP-2 MM/MC phono stage revealed so much of what was in the grooves it provided an incentive to engage in record hunting, which this household has not done for a while since we own a healthy collection.

Out came the wallet and during this review, we scored several choice pressings that have been on the shopping list.

Having had hundreds of review components come through our system, it has never been so difficult facing the notion packing up and sending back gear to the manufacturer.

MM MC.jpg

PS3.jpg

This Bryston phono stage pair was simply transformative for my vinyl listening.”

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston - New Phono Products