Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hegel H360 - fire

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    When older people use that term, it usually means moving into a smaller home. Then comes a condo quickly followed by "assisted living" followed by a nursing home. If you make it out of the nursing home alive, they ship you off to hospice. As you move into smaller and smaller places, your stereo system has to shrink accordingly because you will no longer have a place big enough to have your own stereo room anymore. Eventually, you hope that your wife doesn't become bigger than your stereo system because otherwise she will take up all the space in the room and you will be left with a Bose Wave Radio. If you end up in a nursing home, they will steal your Bose Wave Radio. And if you complain, the 300lb nursing assistant who makes minimum wage who already beats you every time you crap your diapers will give you an extra beating for mentioning your Bose Wave Radio is missing. Ah, the Golden Years.
    After reading this, I am now totally depressed. It is too true to be funny.

I keep using the word Downsizing, because in the near future, I will be changing my lifestyle. I am tired of being a slave to my house and property. ( I am not able to pay someone to do everything unfortunately) I want to come home from work and go do something fun, OR just sit and listen to music. So along with that comes Less Space. Right now I have 5 separate systems in 3 rooms. My main gear and half of the rest is from the 90s.

I am unsure if I will worry about Home Theater unless there is a basement or extra space. My plan is to sell off almost everything I have now and buy one killer setup, that fits the space I end up with. That is what Downsizing means to me anyway.

I guess I am getting close to what Mark calls Older People so thanks for that
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

I nominate Mep's high comedy for post of the year 2015. I realize there are still three months remaining. Hopefully, Mep will try to outdo himself.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Quote Originally Posted by BayStBroker View Post
    I nominate Mep's high comedy for post of the year 2015. I realize there are still three months remaining. Hopefully, Mep will try to outdo himself.
    It may be comedy, but so true. I certainly laughed out loud reading it as it reminded me of the nightmarish 2 years we spent dealing with my dying father in law in a crappy nursing home.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

I was told by a close audio engineer friend from Norway that it was only a "Field Test of the 360" in Norway and no way a finished product, supposedly they left it playing for a week straight without the auto-off ( hegel switches itself off ) when it runs a little hot, hegel supposedly does all of its field test including its new dac in its own country before it starts to export.

So far i know a few that owned it a couple of months with continued high octane playing and no complaints.

Anyways - inline with the thread's other posters (which is never short amusement ) i sold all my crap for a simple, timeless system which concentrates on musicality it comprising of the Synthesis Shine 40 Watt Integrated Amplifier with a quartet of 6L6 in its output ,Hegel HD30 DAC, Melco N1A, Goldnote Meditaraneo (the priciest, most hesitant buy - but well worth the extra dough as i think about it now ) with Dynavector 20X2 and Diapason Adamantes III 25th Anniversary, and Goldnote Phono 2 Phonostage - i sold the rest of the hegel,raidho,blah blah blah...just placed everything on a simple hifi rack, its all done now.

I must say its one of the best decisions i have made , i concentrate more on the music now then all the smaller details, its all somewhat "tied together", much more cohesive and somewhat timeless i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    After reading this, I am now totally depressed. It is too true to be funny.

I keep using the word Downsizing, because in the near future, I will be changing my lifestyle. I am tired of being a slave to my house and property. ( I am not able to pay someone to do everything unfortunately) I want to come home from work and go do something fun, OR just sit and listen to music. So along with that comes Less Space. Right now I have 5 separate systems in 3 rooms. My main gear and half of the rest is from the 90s.

I am unsure if I will worry about Home Theater unless there is a basement or extra space. My plan is to sell off almost everything I have now and buy one killer setup, that fits the space I end up with. That is what Downsizing means to me anyway.

I guess I am getting close to what Mark calls Older People so thanks for that
    Don't despair, Bryan. There's nothing wrong with downsizing your residence. Just make sure you build your audio system into your planning.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

FWIW, another sample of one, but: I own an H160 that normally stays on 24/7, or at least 24/6. had it for about two years. I am the kind of guy that always checks to see if his equipment is running hot, and the Hegel has never been more than barely warm to the touch. So it's given me no cause for concern, nor has it had any operational glitches. I am well aware that if conditions are right you can start a fire with 1.5 volts, so who knows what happened in this case. Let's hope we don't hear any more such stories.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Jay, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks!!!!!!!!! Really my only gripe about the Hegel so far is that it only has 3 analog inputs. And no tape monitor loop, which is a major pet peeve of mine. But I bought it for the sound, and it does not disappoint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Hegel H360 - fire