Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

FWIW I use my Job INT with and without an external DAC (Lampizator Amber) depending on the music.

The reason I have the Lampi is to add tube goodness to the sound and it does sound different. Another reason in favor of the Lampi is auto rate switching without the annoying pop + click when you go direct into the INT. A real issue with this setup (for me) is that you can hear the tubes crackle when the Lampi is idle. This bothered me a bit until the Job team assured me it was okay. Now I just mute the INT when I have it sitting idle.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your advice. I like the sound signature of Job Int alot which is quite different from my previous Schiit Saga-Vidar.

Based on the datasheet, fuse for Job Int is 8A. Do you know the fuse dimension for Job Int? Have you tried using footers under Job Int with good success?

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Thank you for joining.

I’ve never experienced any Job being sharp or bright. In fact, I think Job is usually a little sweet on top or at least neutral and very musical.

Norman know a guy who wants to buy an Int.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

Yes, I know a French fellow who is looking to buy an INTegrated V2, so send me a PM to link you if you want to go that route and I can hook you up.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Happy to help.

I have not changed the fuse in my Job INTegrated so I’d need to check. The only thing I use under most components is an isolation pad that some musicians use under their gear. I don’t go crazy trying to get tweaky. I love Job gear, it’s an awesome value.

Quote Originally Posted by thyewb View Post
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for your advice. I like the sound signature of Job Int alot which is quite different from my previous Schiit Saga-Vidar.

Based on the datasheet, fuse for Job Int is 8A. Do you know the fuse dimension for Job Int? Have you tried using footers under Job Int with good success?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Recently I bought a MiniDSP SHD Studio. It's a network streamer with DIRAC room correction. Sounds great!

However I get some crackeling noises when I pauze or end a track. Also at the end of a playlist. The SHD Studio is spdif out only. With an other dac between the SHD Studio and the analog in of the Job INTegrated I don't get the noises.

Minidsp support says the crackeling noise issue is solved with the current software. I got the latest software so apparently the issue is not solved for the spdif input of the Job INTegrated.

Any ideas?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H870 met Tapatalk
    Synology DS112 - microRendu + LPS-1 - Job INTegrated - Penaudio Cenya

Super Moderator

If you mute the Job or change to a different input, do you still hear a little crackling?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Interesting! I hear the crackeling two or three seconds after muting the INTegrated. It seems you are on to something there!

Stopping or pauzing a track while muted doesn't do anything.

I've got no other input possibility. The Minidsp SHD Studio only has coax spdif and AES-EBU out. So I can use only the coax spdif input of the INTegrated.

Super Moderator

Is the crackling constant, meaning once you hear it does it keep happening until the music starts again even though it might be a little intermittent.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaptina View Post
    Interesting! I hear the crackeling two or three seconds after muting the INTegrated. It seems you are on to something there!

Stopping or pauzing a track while muted doesn't do anything.

I've got no other input possibility. The Minidsp SHD Studio only has coax spdif and AES-EBU out. So I can use only the coax spdif input of the INTegrated.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Is the crackling constant, meaning once you hear it does it keep happening until the music starts again even though it might be a little intermittent.
    Thanks for your suggestion. But no it's only a few seconds after ending or pauzing a track. Like a release of some static. Hearing it after muting the next thing I will try is to reduce the output level of the SHD Studio. Maybe that will help.

Thanks for your suggestion. But no it's only a few seconds after ending or pauzing a track. Like a release of some static. Hearing it after muting the next thing I will try is to reduce the output level of the SHD Studio. Maybe that will help.

-10dB output reduction reduces the number of occasions of crackeling noises. It still happens but only one in ten stops/pauses. So it looks like the spdif input got over loaded.

Super Moderator

Interesting. Now that I look back, I may have heard a few gurgles from my Job INTegrated. I dismissed it as either my imagination or maybe some noise from the network.

I’ll have to hook it up again and listen. I get into the habit of muting the output or switching to an unused input and if I remember correctly, seemed to have eliminated any noises. It was always a very low level blurb, nothing that would cause any issues.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi,
    Lowering the SHD Studio output -10dB does help. Now pausing a track is often silent. Stopping a track halfway stil causes noises.

The noises sound a like residual static. First 2-3 seconds silence. Than a sound like "kgrr.. gr..".
    It goes up and down with the volume. At about -10dB compared to the music volume. So clearly audible but not shockingly so.

I decided to accept the noises and keep the Minidsp SHD Studio as streamer and room correction with the Job INTegrated.

Greetings,
    Jaap

Super Moderator

I get occasional gurgles when the music is over but not when on mute or different input is selected. I don’t think it happens when the music is playing. Even at a very low volume, and paying attention, I’ve never heard it - only occasionally when the music is over on the digital input.
    Last edited by joeinid; June 9, 2019 at 07:11 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Dear Customers and Followers, we have made the difficult decision to stop the production activity of JOB Electronics after we have finished to deliver our last batches this month. Faced with competition, volume and pricing issues we have made the choice to concentrate on other activities. We will continue to guarantee the repair side of the business. So for all of you who own a JOB 225, a JOB INT or a JOB Pre2 we will still be here to answer your questions and help you with your technical issues. On the practical side of things the website will probably be unreachable by end of the month but you will still be able to communicate with us through the Facebook page which will remain opened. Do not hesitate to contact us on the page or at the usual address: service@jobsys.com. Thank you for your trust and enthusiasm over these years particularly since we have relaunched the JOB 225 dual power in 2013. We will still be around so let’s keep in touch. Thanks again. The JOB TEAM.
    Today is a sad day for all fans of JOB ...

Hold on to your precious ones. I'll forever keep my 250 Monos in warm memory.

The above was posted on the JOB Facebook page.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Super Moderator

Very sad. I felt something like this was coming.

I wonder if there’s anything available or if all remaining stock is sold?
    Last edited by joeinid; June 28, 2019 at 06:43 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Very sad. I felt something like this was coming.

I wonder if there’s anything available or if all remaining stock is sold?
    I guess supporting the little guy ( those with smaller pockets for spending) through quality and performance at a lesser price got the best of them. I see job sales cutting into the main line as the real reason, in my opinion. . Sad, such a nice product.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Well this sucks big time! One of their biggest fans ever since I got the Job INT.
    Job products are some of the best deals ever in audio IMO.

I wonder what made them decide to shut the whole thing down like this.

2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Listening to my INTegrated every day. Only thing is I would like to hear/try an other dac. Dacs are getting better every year. If anyone knows how to bypass the Job dac I'd like to hear!

By the way I'm now using a MiniDSP SHD Studio as input. It's a network streamer with Dirac room correction. Like it a lot.

Greetings!

Listening to my INTegrated every day. Only thing is I would like to hear/try an other dac. Dacs are getting better every year. If anyone knows how to bypass the Job dac I'd like to hear!

By the way I'm now using a MiniDSP SHD Studio as input. It's a network streamer with Dirac room correction. Like it a lot.

Greetings!
    I have no first hand experience with the JOB INT, but looking at at some pics I see it has a pair of analog inputs which could likely be used to connect an external DAC.

Super Moderator

Early Job INTegrateds passed all music through the dac. So the analog input was converted to digital, then reconverted back to analog. It was not ideal but listenable. Native digital input is absolutely outstanding.

Later units had the analog section pass through to the internal amp, bypassing the double conversion. I wish mine was like that. I have an early version but knew full well what I was buying into. Now I am no longer able to buy the current version, sadly. Having the pure analog input would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    I have no first hand experience with the JOB INT, but looking at at some pics I see it has a pair of analog inputs which could likely be used to connect an external DAC.

NAD C 658 streamer.

The competition is brutal out there. I often wonder how some of the small shops continue to survive.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    The competition is brutal out there. I often wonder how some of the small shops continue to survive.
    Totally agree.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Question: I have the INTegrated for four and a half years now. It's my only amp. My speakers are 86dB 4 Ohm monitors. I still have a nagging feeling that there might be a more suitable amp. I could replace the INT with a dac and poweramp. I think of buying a pair of AVM Evolution M2 mono amps with an output 285W at 4 Ohm. Or a Bryston 3B SST. Trying something new is always nice but I don't know what I can expect. I have a small listening room (13'x15'). Could be my listening room is to small to be able to experience the power difference. Should I give it a try or won't it make much of a difference?

Super Moderator

Would you want to run the DAC direct to the amp without a preamp?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Would you want to run the DAC direct to the amp without a preamp?
    Yes, the Minidsp SHD Studio network streamer has 32bit volume control at digital output. They recomment using this with dac and power amp.

Super Moderator

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the sound of the amps, AVM, that you mentioned. I’m familiar with the brand name AVM and don’t remember ever seeing any bad thoughts/reviews about them.

I will say that if you can get your hands on Bryston SST2 amps (the squared version), give them a try. The SST2 amps were wonderful and when they moved to the current Cubed version, I was not enjoying the sound. I really miss my 28BSST2 amps. Those were superb.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Rereading reviews of my speakers I wanted to know if an amp with 4Ohm spec would give a more powerful sound with my 4Ohm 86dB monitors compared to the Job with 8Ohm spec.
    I did give a Class D Audio SDS 250C a try. With Khadas Toneboard dac it sounded good. But not as nice as the Job INTegrated. With the Class D Audio amp my speakers did not sound much different. Not more profound or something like that. So the Class D Audio amp was an interesting experience. Especially using a power amp instead of an integrated amp. But I sold it.
    Shortly after I put a fiber part into my ethernet chain with two Tp-link MC220L modules. That proved to be a nice upgrade. For now I'm happy listening to the Job INTegrated again.

Super Moderator

I’m happy that you love the Job INTegrated. Believe it or not but it’s wonderful on my Avantgarde Duo speakers. I wish I had purchased the latest version better they stopped production.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I’m happy that you love the Job INTegrated. Believe it or not but it’s wonderful on my Avantgarde Duo speakers. I wish I had purchased the latest version better they stopped production.
    Hi Joe, I've been comparing the Job INT with Goldmund again. I've got an unclear picture of the insides of the latest Job INT version. 6Moons shows a picture of the Telos 590 Next Gen. To my surprise the latest Job INT version and the Telos 590 Next Gen use the same dac board. Both have the analog input directly wired to this dac board. So getting the Telos 590 Next Gen dac board might do the trick.

Latest Job INT

Telos 590 Next Gen

my Job INTegrated

Greetings, Jaap
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

I checked the owners manual, there’s a line in it that leads me to believe that the analog input still gets converted into digital then back again. I’ve sent an email an am waiting for a reply. I really want the new Goldmund integrated but it’s A LOT of money for a little more of a piece. I’m looking at other alternatives at this point.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe,

I think when I was last at Goldmund, i asked this question directly and the latest Integraed stayed in the analog domain all the way. The real problem then was that supply was limited for the Int2 and they may have been thinking of scrapping Job altogether back then....just my opinion in retrospect.

I have come to this conclusion due to the fact that they already killed the mono blocs and the last unit shipped that very weak. Not enough demand, so they scrapped it. A real prity, as the monos and the Int2 are the real stars of the lineup.

These Job will be hot stuff on the used market in 3 to 5 years...watch!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Hi Norman,

Yes, the last INTegrated had a separate analog circuit but I’m not sure about the latest Goldmund Telos or Metis units.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Does anyone know when the INT2 was introduced? (i.e. year or serialnumber). I'd really like to try one... If i can find one...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianNL View Post
    Does anyone know when the INT2 was introduced? (i.e. year or serialnumber). I'd really like to try one... If i can find one...
    That’s a great question. I’ve never been able to find the actual cutoff date/number of the newer version. I think the only difference is the “analog” input gets routed through the dac before digitized and then reconverted back to analog. Kind of crazy I know but I’ve never used that input. I still absolutely love mine.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Joe,

I found a message on Job's FB page from april 2018 saying that from then the INT had a straight analogue signal path...

Could you tell me from what year is yours and what serialnumber it has? I'm asking because i saw a Job INT with no. 180229xxx.

Thx

Super Moderator

Mine must be old, #160628XXX. I just recently had it repaired. I don’t know if mine was “updated” or not.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianNL View Post
    Hi Joe,

I found a message on Job's FB page from april 2018 saying that from then the INT had a straight analogue signal path...

Could you tell me from what year is yours and what serialnumber it has? I'm asking because i saw a Job INT with no. 180229xxx.

Thx
    When the Job INTegrated has analog input wires going straight to the dac board it's a new model. See pictures in post above. Those wires must be the dac bypass.

Such a nice product, you know they had to sell lots. Maybe it was cutting in on their main line sells.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Hello guyz - Hope this tread is still alive… I want to swap the fuse in my INT. The specs on FB seems to be quite confusing. T8A small for 110v and 220v? Is this right or a typo? Thx for your help and merry x-mas

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thx for the link. I already swapped fuse in the Job225 (sr purple). It’s a T4A small => Fantastic improvement!

What size do I need for the Integrated 220v? T8A small for 110v and 220v (that’s what Job sys posted on FB)? It’s very uncommon. Normally in US (110v) double size fuse specs compared to EU (220v).

I really wish that Job would be brought back to the market. I do not see how it could possibly hurt the Goldmund name in any way.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I really wish that Job would be brought back to the market. I do not see how it could possibly hurt the Goldmund name in any way.
    Agree, A nice well made device that really gave people a way into that Goldmund group.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !