Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

Does anyone know when they plan on shipping?

The latest addition to the JOB amplifiers will be out soon : The JOB INTegrated. It will provide the latest circuit of power amp equivalent to a JOB 225 and add for very little money a totally new preamp section providing all the latest technology demanded by audiophiles : USB input with DSD compatibility, High resolution D/A circuit (up to 384) and extremely transparent Analogue input. Extending further the JOB advantage, you now have the extraordinary JOB sound quality associated with latest technology developments required by the audiophile community.

JOB Products

Last edited by joeinid; September 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

Mate posted this a few days ago:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/JOB-E...04066693053799

Price is $1699, so really super. I dont see much need for the 225 stereo amp in this case. This is Dac?integrated amp!

I will ask about this next week and maybe even snag a demo unit if possible.

Edit:
    JOB Electronics Hi James, specifications are not available yet. I do not expect them before end September. Thanks for your patience
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Thank you Norman !

Please tell them to put me on the list. I am buying one before I order the Job monos .
    Last edited by joeinid; September 4, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hmmm

They are adding a preamp, DAC, USB etc etc for the same price as the 225 and people think it will sound better than a 225 with a decent pre amp.

I don't think so - compromises will have to be made, including the amp section.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

The amp section is a complete circuit board, so you cant compromise there. Perhaps if they have share the power supply, that could be sub-optimal?

Who said they think it will sound better? Equal is the best anyone could reasonably expect the result to be. They also make a preamp, so for double the cost you are free to buy a 225 plus Pre2 combo.

Frankly, nothing will surprise me coming from Job, given that I suspect they use excess components from the Goldmund regular production runs. They likely have to buy these components in batches of say 1,000 and if they only have Goldmund demand for 700 pieces, they can dump the left overs or put them into Job gear as loss leaders, and give the average Joe a taste of Goldmund on the cheap.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

sounds like a winner to me and affordable. I have not heard the Job, but when it comes to SS amplification, it is hard to beat ultra high bandwidth designs (if you believe it can potentially correct for timing errors....which I believe it could). I used to own an amp designed by Dale Pitcher (who acknowledges Golmund as the Granddaddy of many a technologic innovation) that was very high bandwidth and it was superb.

Super Moderator

I am on the list for one, could be real fun!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I am on the list for one, could be real fun!
    you are an unstoppable force....

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Geardaddy View Post
    you are an unstoppable force....

I love the Job sound.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I would certainly consider one for a second system.....

Order book for the Job integrated will be opened on 16 October, with technical specifications provided on the same day. Of course, they have said that there will be teaser images published in the lead up to the launch. More details on their facebook page.

From what I heard....the Integrated should be similar power rating to the 225. No more details on specs given, as they will be released only on the 16th. It should be killer for this price, as its far cheaper than similar (though more polished/featured packed) offerings like the Dart LH208 and the Devialet 200, at $1699 delivered.

At this price, it should sell like hotcakes, as it has a DSD capable Dac also built in. Probably another sellout in a day or 2.
    NORMAN

Looks like the Job Integrated is available for order on Job's website. Anyone pull the trigger yet? No specs as of yet... But it can be added to the cart.

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wisnon, would you be able to reach out to your contacts, please?

New pictures of the integrated have been posted on the Job Facebook page. Initial thoughts are:

1. What happened to the heat sink? Does this mean that the power output will be lower than the 225?

2. Also, I note that there is only one analog input - is that enough?

3. Finally, will the pre-amp section be passive or active?

Thanks.

I will ask next week. Not available to me on the weekend.
    NORMAN

Ok. Thanks.

Just posted on JOB Facebook page:

Dear JOB customers and followers, hereafter more technical specs about the new JOB INTegrated.

POWER SUPPLY
    Nominal line voltage: 117 or 234 V (switchable)
    Fuse 8A for 110V and 220V
    Input voltage range: +/- 10 %
    Rated Power Consumption:
    IEC 60065, 1/8 Output Power at 8 Ω: 240 W (per unit)
    Max Power Consumption:
    IEC 60065 at 8 Ω /1% THD: 700 W
    OUTPUT POWER
    FPP at 8 Ω: 190 W
    IEC 60065 at 8 Ω / 1 % THD+N: 2 x 175 W
    INPUTS
    USB device:
    - Audio Class 2.0 (no driver required on Mac OS X as of v.10.6.4 nor on
    Linux, driver required only for Windows)
    - Sample rate up to 384 kHz/Bit depth up to 32
    - DSD over PCM capabilities
    1 x Toslink Optical or Digital S/PDIF coaxial RCA 75 Ohms
    1 x Analog RCA (Left & Right): ADC conversion for DSP correction
    REAR PANEL CONNECTORS AND CONTROLS
    2 x output binding posts Left & Right
    Voltage input selector
    RS232 Command connector
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE
    20 Hz - 20 kHz, unloaded: +/- 0.5 dB
    DISTORTION
    THD+N, unloaded: < 0.08 % from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 30 VRMS output
    IMD (SMPTE), unloaded: < 0.02 % before clipping
    OUTPUT NOISE FLOOR
    Inputs terminated with RCA Shorting Caps, unloaded: < 10 µV from 20 Hz to 20 kH
    DYNAMIC RANGE
    22 kHz measurement bandwidth (flat): > 100 dB
    GAIN
    35 dB
    DAMPING FACTOR
    220 at 1 kHz, 8 Ω

Is it 190w for 2 channels ?
    Any one got their hands on it or has an impression on how it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ13Z View Post
    Is it 190w for 2 channels ?
    Any one got their hands on it or has an impression on how it sounds.
    From xtreme plc to shark

Have a look again at the specs - its 2 x 175w, probably based on the same module used in certain of the parent company's active speakers.

It just started shipping last week or earlier this week. Srajan from 6moons is doing a review on the integrated so he might have been sent one already. As to how it "might" sound, look at the Goldmund HDA review in 6moons.

Despite lack of heat sinks, it is still a Class A/B amp.

Been informed that the position of the output mosfets has been changed, such that the chassis will be able to dissipate the heat generated without a heat sink.

How effective this would be remains to be seen.

Circuitry is different, newer generation than the 225. I have my suspicions but do not have a unit yet to open up. If my suspicions prove correct, this may be quite a bargain - a 2x175W Telos on a budget.

Only potential downside is that the analog input will be digitised.

Some interesting shots.

Job

New Metis

Oops! Duplicate between Tapatalk and forum posts. Can't seem to remove the duplicates. Anyway, the Job has the bent steel case and the Metis has the aluminium case.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now this is really interesting! Where did you dig up this pic of the new Metis? Please do tell....

It was posted by Goldmund somewhere. I have managed to upload larger images from my laptop to my earlier post.

Thank you nfnc, this is interesting. I will wait for more feedback from the early adopters.

Just did a little quick internet sleuthing. Looks like this is the Goldmund Metis 7 and the amp circuit is based on the Telos 360. Now it's time to see what's under the hood of the Job. ;-)

:beer: :thumbup:

Other than that post, there has really been no news or hints about the Metis 7. Further, if you were to refer to the 6moons review of the Goldmund HDA, a similar (if not actually the same) innards are used but with 3 transformers. Most of the other Goldmund amps use multiple transformers.

It would therefore be surprising if the Metis 7 used only one transformer - acceptable for a Job but not typical of a Goldmund.

So, if (speculative at this point) the integrated is indeed based on the Telos 360, then to answer your question posted elsewhere, the DAC section would be based on Alize 6.

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    :beer: :thumbup:

Other than that post, there has really been no news or hints about the Metis 7. Further, if you were to refer to the 6moons review of the Goldmund HDA, a similar (if not actually the same) innards are used but with 3 transformers. Most of the other Goldmund amps use multiple transformers.

It would therefore be surprising if the Metis 7 used only one transformer - acceptable for a Job but not typical of a Goldmund.

So, if (speculative at this point) the integrated is indeed based on the Telos 360, then to answer your question posted elsewhere, the DAC section would be based on Alize 6.
    Indeed I did look at the Goldmund HDA and the Telos 360 write-ups on 6moons and the board is shared across all 3. Just by the Job INT/Metis 7 pics, the layout on both the front and back look the same so only looking under the hood can provide any further info.

Agreed with your point on Goldmund's use of multiple toroids since I was thinking the single toroid for the Metis seemed a bit skimpy as well.

I also thought the Job might be using a version of the Alize but I believe the Alize 6 was limited to 24/96 so the Job must be using something newer/different since it supports up to 384k and DSD.

Bottomline is that I'm highly interested in getting further info on the Job INT since I'm looking to pull the trigger very soon.

I love the Job sound.
    What is the Job sound ?
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

The Telos 360 uses Alize 6. Alize 7 is limited to their flagship products only. They are not disclosing which version, 5 or 6, goes into the integrated - probably 6.

If you were to look at the left side, after the digital input board, there appears to be another board (mounted upside down) which I suspect is the DSP section.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    What is the Job sound ?

Clean, clear, articulate, slightly sweet with sweet vocals, open, very three dimensional, tremendous air and separation.

NAD C 658 streamer.

The Telos 360 uses Alize 6. Alize 7 is limited to their flagship products only. They are not disclosing which version, 5 or 6, goes into the integrated - probably 6.

If you were to look at the left side, after the digital input board, there appears to be another board (mounted upside down) which I suspect is the DSP section.
    Hehe...we think alike, I was actually trying to figure out what the DSP/USB receiver was but the photo is too blurry. Ideally it'd be an XMOS solution but can't tell. I'm assuming there's a DSP to handle the time correction which is why the RCA's go through an ADC.

If they're using the Alize 6 that is absolutely fine with me since it's somehow beefed up to 384k/DSD128(?) now.

Can't wait to figure out what's going on inside the Job....I'm itching to buy since I'd like to pick it up in HK mid-Nov.

Clean, clear, articulate, slightly sweet with sweet vocals, open, very three dimensional, tremendous air and separation.
    Nice , now if they would have added a headphone jack, hum maybe in a later version
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Looks like the Metis 7 is out and driving a pair of Focal Sopra's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzfmK0nrlpA

The video is no longer available. Hmm....

The video is no longer available. Hmm....
    Hmm...that's strange. I just did a quick search on youtube using 'goldmund metis 7'. It's the first hit that comes up. Focal Sopra no.2 with Goldmund. Can't tell anything about the sound quality but you can see the Metis 7 is real and fed by an Oppo 105D.

Sjaran Ebaen sums up our questions nicely in a new page of his preview at 6moons

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum jaaptina! Thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Ha ha. Srajan must have been reading this thread.

Job is keeping their cards close to their chest about what the DSP in the integrated does. Hopefully, it is worth the potential SQ degradation in digitising the analog input.

Curious as i am ....has anybody already ordered one (or received it yet)?

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Curious as i am ....has anybody already ordered one (or received it yet)?
    Djverne over at the gon appears to be among the first few (at least on the English speaking forums) to have received it. It is early days yet but seems promising from his initial feedback. He has had the 225 power amp previously so would be familiar with the Job sound.

Cool...thanks for pointing to that thread.
    Seems he also likes the DAC so far. ;-)

Djverne over at the gon appears to be among the first few (at least on the English speaking forums) to have received it. It is early days yet but seems promising from his initial feedback. He has had the 225 power amp previously so would be familiar with the Job sound.
    Goldmund themselves have no feedback yet as INTs went off late last week.

I did get confirmed from the R&D head that it does DSD128! That was not indicated before. F

Sounds typically Job, fast and bass "grippy" it seems, based on DJVerne at the GON.

First batch sold out.

Next batch in a month!
    NORMAN

Did they say why they digitise the analog input and what the ensuing DSP does?

Nope, and I dont think they will ever say…Except they did agree its similar to Metis 7...
    NORMAN

Hi guys. I joined to post the inward pictures of the Job Integrated. Did not realize you need 10 posts.

More pictures
    Last edited by joeinid; November 20, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Welcome and thanks for the photos. Would you be able to post a shot from this perspective for ease of comparison?

Edit: having some issues with tapatalk. Please see post #21 in this thread for the perspective shot.

It looks to me that the 2 big caps (light blue in the INT) as well as 4 of the smaller caps (in the Metis 7 seems to be all six the same "Rubycons") are different compared to the Metis 7.

But maybe someone with more knowledge can add his/her view on the shots provided.

Btw...what´s the purpose of the RS232 connector? Is it for updating something?

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team