Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

I was interested in this until I read that analog inputs are digitised. Stupid IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sl33py View Post
    I was interested in this until I read that analog inputs are digitised. Stupid IMO.
    When I first saw that, it raised some questions in my head... but I don't know can that be a bad thing and why. (I listen music only from CDs/DVDs/Blu-rays and some wav computer files.) I expect that guys from GOLDMUND know what they are doing, so who am I to question them. Still, right now I'm closer to buying 225 than INT.

Page 4 is out! It gets serious

Super Moderator

Looks like a serious little INTegrated. Bravo to Job.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaptina View Post
    Page 4 is out! It gets serious
    Latest instalment of the Job INTegrated review on 6moons:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/job3/4.html

Looking interesting, especially what he is not saying.

Perhaps Mate may wish to delay his decision on the 225?

nfnc, I'm here, and if anything gives me headache, this will be it. Like in some thriller, situation is ever-changing (well, at least in my head). I never actually reached a "decision", but now I only left two options. I gave up on 225, and it's either class A-B JOB INT or class D Gato Audio DIA-250. There is only one person on the planet who heard both amps. Srajan Ebaen. And he gave me his opinion today, although in a shortest possible way, and I don't intend bothering him any more.

The Gato sounds a lot warmer and thicker. I far prefer the INT - but that's my taste, with my speakers and my room.

Now, the funny thing is, try searching around the web for definition of warm and thick sound. You'll find many different opinions. So what exactly Mr. Srajan thinks when he says warmer and thicker? And would I feel the same while listening with MY ears to MY music coming from MY speakers in MY room? And for my music, is warmer and thicker amplifier better or worse option? Perhaps some of you would be willing to share your thoughts about this?

I'll write you what I listen to most of the time.
    But first - the room is 19 square meters, speakers are Sonus faber Toy Towers. I listen only to CDs, I have 1000 discs with all types of music, mostly older music, not much modern production gets to my ears. I like my bass strong and well defined, but not overwhelming, not "spilling" everywhere; I like mids clear not muddy; most importantly, I can't stand screeching sound in high frequencies.
    I listen:
    Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Queen, Saxon, Rainbow, Nightwish, Therion, Motorhead, Grace Jones, Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder, Boney M., ABBA, Kraftwerk, Yello, Blondie, Beastie Boys, KC & The Sunshine Band, Duran Duran, Prince, Johnny Cash, Simon & Garfunkel, Basil Poledouris, John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Bob James - to name some of the more important artists I have in my collection.
    Based on my tastes, can you conclude - is "a lot warmer and thicker" sound RIGHT or WRONG for me? What warmer and thicker sound means to you?
    THANK YOU.

Auditioning a Aries Mini I heard a pair of Dynaudio Focus 400D speaker today. Sound is very clear and lean. My Penaudio Cenya's sound warmer and thicker by comparison (not bad). The first impression of the Dynaudio's is that you can hear all instruments so clearly. Bass was strong but cool. Imagine a clear winter day with ice all over. All sounds have a high and clear quality to them. It was nice to listen to for a bit but I prefer my Cenya's. Off course the different sound of the Dynaudio's made audioning the Aries Mini useless for me. I've to do the audioning at home some day. However the Cenya's could liven up with a brighter amp. So I keep following this threat a little longer.

Review finally out:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/job3/5.html

Blue Moon award.

Now, it would be interesting to compare the Job INTegrated with the Lumin M1 (which was reviewed with the Giya G1s).

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    6 Moons review finally out: Blue Moon award.

Now, it would be interesting to compare the Job INTegrated with the Lumin M1 (which was reviewed with the Giya G1s).
    The dac of the Job INTegrated is said to be on par with the Metrum Hex dac. Very good!

This leaves me with two questions. Can the INTegrated handle 4 Ohm monitor speakers (Penaudio Cenya)? And secondly can I accept not being able to upgrade the dac with this amp?

Don't know about the Lumin M1. It doesn't have toslink, coax and analog inputs. Only USB and Ethernet input. So it even integrades a streamer. Can it be compared to a setup of Aries Mini and Job INTegrated?

I've been comparing the Job INT with Goldmund HDA headphone amplifier and Telos 360 Mono block. All three of them use the same main board. The differences in the power section are clear:

Telos power stage has 4 mosfets in one row. It uses the right side only.

Goldmund HDA has 2x2 Mosfets in the power stage.

Job INT uses 2x4 mosfets. Hence I think the power increase compared to the headphone unit.

All three units come with a dac. Added on the top left of the main board. The dacs are different though.

The Job INT has a digital input board added to the below left. I would expect a similar input board on the HDA and Telos. But it's not.

HDA and Job INT seem to have different UI board (on top) too.

It's amazing how similar the three are. Makes you wonder about the differences.

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

That convinces me, along with owning several pieces, Job is a screaming value.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Jaaptina, excellent sleuthing Have you decided yet?

Thumbs up! Been doing the same thing myself and the more relevant comparison is to the Metis 7 which looks identical from what I can see. Down to the DAC daughterboard. The Metis 7/Job INT DAC looks identical and based on the PCM5102A.

The HDA uses a different DAC based on the PCM1798 going into N5532A's.

It's evident that the amps/active speakers are based on the same amp circuit/board now but just scaled up/down now.

IMHO, the most relevant comparison is between the Metis 7 and Job INT since there really doesn't look like there's anything that separates the 2 with the unknown being the code that runs things.

I've been comparing the Job INT with Goldmund HDA headphone amplifier and Telos 360 Mono block. All three of them use the same main board. The differences in the power section are clear:

Job INT uses 2x4 mosfets. Hence I think the power increase compared to the headphone unit.

All three units come with a dac. Added on the top left of the main board. The dacs are different though.

The Job INT has a digital input board added to the below left. I would expect a similar input board on the HDA and Telos. But it's not.

HDA and Job INT seem to have different UI board (on top) too.

It's amazing how similar the three are. Makes you wonder about the differences.

Jaaptina, excellent sleuthing
    Have you decided yet?

My INT is very carefully handled by DHL at the moment .

"sleuthing"? Had to look it up .

Super Moderator

Congratulations!

So exciting.

My INT is very carefully handled by DHL at the moment .

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations!

So exciting.
    >>>

Started my new Job!

ps. CD player is seldom used anymore. The Job is connected to my streamer.

Super Moderator

Congratulations!!!!

Any first thoughts?

NAD C 658 streamer.

First observations:

Sound quality seems to be on par with Metrum Octave + Sonneteer Alabaster.
    The sound is brighter. That's what I hoped for.

Coax connection (3m cable) has a dropout while playing a song about once in half an hour. Checking optical now.

Dimensions width 435mm, depth 305mm (excl. volume button and rear connections), hight 100mm (incl. feet).

Volume button is endless. 90 degrees rotation compares to 5 degrees rotation on the Alabaster. Turning off the Job INT resets the volume to zero. After turning it on you have wait a few seconds till the INT turns on. Than you have to turn the volume on. I would have liked it better if the default volume setting would be at a just audible level.
    The disadvantage to the endless volume button is that there is no reference to the current volume setting. I used to have preferred volume positions for different situations and music styles (the Alabaster doen't have a remote). Also playing loud I don't have any idea how much grunt the INT has left. It has enough (like Rolls Royce ).

The INT has no 50Hz humm at all (the Alabaster does humm a bit as an accepted compromise in design). When no music is playing and listening with my ear at the woofer and tweeter I can hear a bit of white noise. Noise level does not change with the volume level. The noise drops below audible level at 20 cm distance. So this does not compromise listening (as the Alabaster humm did on occasion).
    Muted there is no noise at all.

Does it get hot? Playing classical at highest listenable volume in my small room it does get quit hot at the bottom just below the opamps. The sites of the bottom only become warm. So it's very local. The top of the INT doesn't get more than luke warm.

Next Friday I'll do a A/B comparison.

First time I hear about the endless volume knob... horrible idea, in my opinion.

I have the job pre2 with endless volume, but because it stays powered on it stays at current level you had it at.

I recall if it is powered off it then comes on at lowest level. But it is always scary because if if someone else has increased the volume knob between use you would never know what volume level it is at. If you have kids in the house who "play with things", you might want to watch out. Lucky my wife never touches and my 17 year old has been made conscious of this.

Probably same applies to Job INTegrated as previously noted. Someone could increase volume pot with no music playing when unit is on, and when you come along and hit play on your CD player or music server.....BAAAAAAMMMMM..a blown woofer or tweeter or ears. My other preamps have markers clearly indicating position of knob. No point in Goldmund doing this because it can be rotated continuously and location of marker would be meaningless.

Good sound for the price from PRE2 though. But what I figured, compared to my Burmester preamp, is Goldmund recesses some of the lower midrange/upper bass frequencies, which results in loss of warmth and certain detail but then makes the midrange clearer. Sneaky tactics, but hey, I don't mind Goldmund nor Burmester. MBL is too hard of a sound IMHO. Changing subject here...better stop.
    Last edited by afb28444; January 15, 2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added info

User interface of the INT is not optimal. I already told you about the endless volume knob without user feedback. Experienced users have given the advise to leave the INT always on. That however gets me to the next problem with lack of user feedback:

When I don't turn the INT of I use the "mute" function. You hear a relay clicking and the orange led starts blinking. So far all is clear.
    However after 15 minutes my streamer goes in sleep mode. That causes the orange light to stop flashing. So when I get back after an hour or so the green power led is on but the orange led is off. At that point you can't tell for sure if the "mute" is on or off.
    It would be simple to see if pressing "mute" would show it's status. But is doesn't. When there is no digital connection the orange led allways stays off. Mute or no mute.
    All I can do is press "mute" blindly and hope that I'm not muting but unmuting the INT. Then I settle myself in a chair and start a song and hope for the best.
    Of course usually I know if it's on "mute" or not. But I'm sure I will forget on occasion. So in my opinion the orange "mute" light should keep on flashing wether there is a digital connection or not.
    I will try connecting a CD-player to the analog inputs. Maybe that will help.

Feedback on Coax dropouts: I'm using a 3m very cheap optical toslink cable now. No dropouts so far.

Greetings!

start a song and hope for the best
    Hey, it's not like you're gonna DIE if it's muted when you think it's not muted!
    Still, I find all that strange functionality idiotic, and I'm glad that I went with Gato Audio. For 2 years I was sure that I will have JOB amplifier. But now... maybe in some other decade, not in this one. I expect to have both my new amp and a head-amp in less than 10 days from now.

My experience with dropouts it's the computer or music server that causes it, not the DAC. Because if you use a CD transport no dropouts
    User interface of the INT is not optimal. I already told you about the endless volume knob without user feedback. Experienced users have given the advise to leave the INT always on. That however gets me to the next problem with lack of user feedback:

When I don't turn the INT of I use the "mute" function. You hear a relay clicking and the orange led starts blinking. So far all is clear.
    However after 15 minutes my streamer goes in sleep mode. That causes the orange light to stop flashing. So when I get back after an hour or so the green power led is on but the orange led is off. At that point you can't tell for sure if the "mute" is on or off.
    It would be simple to see if pressing "mute" would show it's status. But is doesn't. When there is no digital connection the orange led allways stays off. Mute or no mute.
    All I can do is press "mute" blindly and hope that I'm not muting but unmuting the INT. Then I settle myself in a chair and start a song and hope for the best.
    Of course usually I know if it's on "mute" or not. But I'm sure I will forget on occasion. So in my opinion the orange "mute" light should keep on flashing wether there is a digital connection or not.
    I will try connecting a CD-player to the analog inputs. Maybe that will help.

Feedback on Coax dropouts: I'm using a 3m very cheap optical toslink cable now. No dropouts so far.

Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by afb28444 View Post
    My experience with dropouts it's the computer or music server that causes it, not the DAC. Because if you use a CD transport no dropouts
    I'm using the streamer for two years now without problems. It could be the coax cable though. In the past I have shortened it and resoldered the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Hey, it's not like you're gonna DIE if it's muted when you think it's not muted!
    In my studies I got a course on ergonomics. So I'm a bit sensitive on this issue. As long as the sound is satisfying I'll put up with it.

Did some testing with volume and mute. Fortunately they do behave logically.

After turning the INT on you have to wait a few seconds till the green light is on. Before the green light is on turning the volume does not work (it's still off).

If the streamer goes to sleep the orange connection light of the INT goes off. If the streamer wakes again the orange light turns on again. So the INT follows neatly.

If the INT is on mute and the streamer goes to sleeps the orange blinking mute light goes of. If the streamer wakes the mute light starts blinking again. Nice.

If the streamer is sleeping pressing the mute button doesn't show any lights. However the INT does change the mute status with every press on the mute button. It only doesn't show. This is how I got confused. Not anymore .

There should be a whole manual How to use a MUTE button on JOB INTegrated

Updated picture of the INT board!

Hmm... What has changed to the pic before?

Hmm... compared to the inside shot of the pic from the 6moons review the 2 big caps in the pic above "changed" (the colour).
    Are these now the same ones which are used in the Metis 7?

So do you JOB guys use headphone amps and how?

Today I took the Job INTegrated and the Penaudio Cenya speakers to a friends home with a large livingroom. They sound fenominal together. The room was at least twice as big as mine. The sound also. INT and Cenya's play very well together. Compared to the Sonneteer Alabaster the Job INTegrated has a thighter bass and sounds faster. Nils Loftgren's Keith Don't Go spatters from the speakers.
    We also connected a rega turntable with Sonneteer Sedley to the INT. Sounds good as well. The INT is a keeper.

Sonneteer Alabaster and Metrum Octave are for sale! Job stays

Super Moderator

Sonneteer Alabaster and Metrum Octave are for sale! Job stays
    Wow!

great news.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Cool Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

Great to see a thread here on the Job Audio INT amp. I decided to pull the trigger on this integrated after reading Srajan Ebaen's review on 6moons. I will be using the INT with my Green Mountain Audio Eos HX bookshelf speakers which will be an easy load I would imagine. Later on I plan to use this in a second setup with a pair of Chroma HX which I have on order.

I would like to know how much time the amp needs for burn in. Great info posted earlier on the infinite volume control which is going to be an interesting experience. Looking for feedback on all these little details before I get my amp.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    the infinite volume control which is going to be an interesting experience
    "interesting experience" -- You, Sir, should work in a diplomacy

"interesting experience" -- You, Sir, should work in a diplomacy
    I will be switching the INT off when not in use - I can live with turning the knob up as required.
    Either way I don't see it as a deal breaker. I might actually grow to like it

.... *grin*
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

How long does it take to get a response from Job?
    I placed my order on Thursday last week which was the start of the Easter weekend.

I was hoping to get some news from Job sometime soon but so far all I have is the Paypal receipt.
    2 Channel Stereo :

When I bought my PRE2 they sent it about 3 days later. THe fact that they accepted your paypal you should have no concerns. They ship really fast. It may even be warehoused in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by afb28444 View Post
    When I bought my PRE2 they sent it about 3 days later. THe fact that they accepted your paypal you should have no concerns. They ship really fast. It may even be warehoused in the USA.
    Thanks but it looks like Paypal is the only communication channel for Job.
    Only after logging into Paypal, I found that my INT had been shipped yesterday.

Strange way to do business but I guess that's all part of keeping costs to a minimum.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Hi Nikhil,

Good Job, congratulations!

What amp and dac will the INTegrated be replacing?

Greetings,
    Jaap

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    it looks like Paypal is the only communication channel for Job
    No, I talked to them a lot through email, they are very responsive.

Thank you Jaap.

I plan to use the INT with a pair of Green Mountain Audio Chroma HX speakers which I have on order. My other rig is what I have mentioned in my signature below. Acoustic Portrait is a small local boutique Indian brand that I was guided to a few years ago. Preamp is a tube design. Amp is a solid state dual mono design. The sound signature is similar to GamuT - I am told.
    2 Channel Stereo :

No, I talked to them a lot through email, they are very responsive.

Thanks for the feedback Mate. I will write to them ...
    2 Channel Stereo :

This is turning into a strange experience ...

The paypal interface says that the item has shipped via DHL.
    But when I try to track it on DHL I get an error message.

Mails to their goldmundusa.com addresses have bounced.
    Resent mail to jobsys.com domain email and it looks like it went through.

So far no reply or acknowledgement.
    Is there an address that someone can pm me to contact Job Audio?
    2 Channel Stereo :

Done.

With me it took several days before the Job left Switzerland and became known at DHL. The first part of the journey is not tracked.

Done.
    With me it took several days before the Job left Switzerland and became known at DHL. The first part of the journey is not tracked.
    Thanks for the help. I finally got a reply today from Job.
    As Jaap said, apparently the tracking number is generated but my amp ships on Tuesday.

Jaap, curious to know your feedback/update on the INT now that you have had it for sometime.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

The INTegrated does not hum, isn't always hot and it's got a remote. That's compared to my former amp. It sounds at least as good as my former amp and dac (Metrum Octave 1). It's quick. I think it sounds more detailed, dynamic and spaciously when playing softly in the evening. That's when I enjoy having the new amp most. Also did a listening session with some music friends. They were quit impressed with the dynamics and overall sound. I'm happy whith the Job INT.

The Sonneteer Alabaster is very well regarded. As is the Metrum Octave.
    If you have replaced them with the INT that is very good.

Should be a very interesting time when my INT arrives.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !