Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Speaker cables for Shindo speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
    But you asked me where to buy those speaker cables and I told you with the link. Maybe you remember?
    Do you really think I am running a shop in Japan and do spamming this forum with it? Foolish thought, isnt it?
    Sorry those did not look like WE wires to me.
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Dumb it in the box, idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
    Dumb it in the box, idiot!
    Huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

I'm a bit leery of making the jump on the WE cables. They've been advertised on eBay for years before Jeff's positive write up. How can you be sure they are authentic and in good condition?

I can recommend the A23, but haven't really done much comparing speaker cables in my Shindo system. As to interconnects, I recommend that users of Shindo electronics stick to the use of cables with switchcraft terminations to match the jacks on Shindo gear. Some poo poo this idea as a marketing ploy, but I've heard JH express his frustration with broken jacks on several occasions and I suspect that there is some truth to the idea that many modern IC terminations may be too big for the stock Shindo jacks. If you've ever purchased vintage Shindo, you are probably familiar with the hollowed out barely functioning inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
    I'm a bit leery of making the jump on the WE cables. They've been advertised on eBay for years before Jeff's positive write up. How can you be sure they are authentic and in good condition?

I can recommend the A23, but haven't really done much comparing speaker cables in my Shindo system. As to interconnects, I recommend that users of Shindo electronics stick to the use of cables with switchcraft terminations to match the jacks on Shindo gear. Some poo poo this idea as a marketing ploy, but I've heard JH express his frustration with broken jacks on several occasions and I suspect that there is some truth to the idea that many modern IC terminations may be too big for the stock Shindo jacks. If you've ever purchased vintage Shindo, you are probably familiar with the hollowed out barely functioning inputs.

Yep. I think it is important to use IC's that fit properly. I've used four kinds of IC's now - Shindo, Harmonic Technology, Soundstrings, and phono IC's I can't recall. Any IC's like the Harmonic Tech that tighten (by rotating the jack housing) are potential problems because they are either too loose or it's easy to forget that they are tightened and to try to remove them and potentially damage the amp jack. More than once, I've worried that I've done just that (gotta stop drinking so much scotch while listening). The Soundstrings IC's fit too tight for the amps, so they are relegated to my Almarro amp.

What a bummer to damage the amp jacks over something as simple as IC's.
    Craig

Listening Room:
    Shindo Vosne Romanee and Haut Brion, Shindo Alnico 604's, Fostex T90A's, slate Lenco TT, Schick tonearm, Bob's Devices 1311, PS Audio DirectStream, Naim CD5, Sonos, Shindo IC's and wire, WE wire
    On loan - in a buddy's man cave: Almarro a205a, Sonos, Rega Juras
    HT: McCormack MAP1 and HT3, Manaplaner CC2 and MC1's, REL, Cambridge DacMagic, Sonos

Hello folks,

I am now using home made Altec speakers.
    Since 15 days, I have been listening to them with my Wireworld Mini Eclipse 7 speaker cables. And a friend came at home and let me a pair of A23 cables to try.
    I would like to ask Shindo amps / A23 cables owners this question :
    Did you compare the A23 cables to other cables on your set up ? Or most of you did just apply the dealer's recommendation to use either Shindo speaker cables or A23 ?
    I do not have enough listening to post any comment on my impressions.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

So here are my conclusions: on my system, the WW mini Eclipse 7 is a much better cable. I have more weight overall and a better balance.
    The A23 critically lacks some presence and definition in the bass and sounds too "high". The treble is overemphasized, less sweet and refined as the WW.
    Overall it seems that the speakers are just smaller with the A23. The WW gives a much wider and bigger image and sounds more natural and liquid.
    Well, at least I tried.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Well, maybe.... But buying WW cable is like financing terrorism. Maybe it was just my particular "dealer."

In any event, I've been using A23 for years. I'm open to new suggestions. I would not buy the Shindo cable. I can't wrap my head around those prices for cable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that audio prices are a huge deterrent from my enjoyment of hifi. Even if I can afford it, I still feel guilty about the cost. Sorry for that digression, but it's relevant to my thinking on cables. Where the cost of cables so vastly exceeds material plus reasonable labor, results are difficult to predict and quantify, and other options exist, I'm going elsewhere.

Maybe the A23 was just not a match for your new speakers? That would be a surprise, I suppose, given Keith's altec preference. What are the details of your new speakers?

Speaker cables for Shindo speakers

Well, maybe.... But buying WW cable is like financing terrorism. Maybe it was just my particular "dealer."
    Kev, have you been taking stand up classes. This is the funniest thing I have read in ages.

Chris

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber_jones View Post
    Kev, have you been taking stand up classes. This is the funniest thing I have read in ages.

I read that too and just about spilled my coffee laughing.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

In any event, I've been using A23 for years. I'm open to new suggestions. I would not buy the Shindo cable. I can't wrap my head around those prices for cable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that audio prices are a huge deterrent from my enjoyment of hifi. Even if I can afford it, I still feel guilty about the cost. Sorry for that digression, but it's relevant to my thinking on cables. Where the cost of cables so vastly exceeds material plus reasonable labor, results are difficult to predict and quantify, and other options exist, I'm going elsewhere.

Maybe the A23 was just not a match for your new speakers? That would be a surprise, I suppose, given Keith's altec preference. What are the details of your new speakers?

Hi Kev,

To me, buying WW cables either in France or in the US has always been easy and trouble free.

The friend who brought me the A23 also has Shindo speaker cables to sell. He actually lived for 15 years in Japan and he visited Mr. Shindo often.
    But I stand very close to you on this. Even at half the price, I cannot imagine to pay so much money for cables. Although the best cables I ever had with my Shindo amps are made of pure silver. But only 1 meter length. Not usable in my new room where the monoblocks are no more close too the speakers.

My speakers use a 414A driver, and a 807 compression with a W32A horn. A design inspired by the Petite Latour.

Nice but how are they "inspired"? Do they differ from the Shindo or are they copied? I do not know enough about the petites to know.

As to Wireworld, yes, I bet it was.

No they differ.
    The thickness of the cabinet is 19 mm and not the thin walls design. Internally mine use thick carpeting for absorption instead of very light wool fiber for Shindo. The filter crossover frequency is very different also.
    I bet the Shindo Petite Latour sounds stunning.
    Mine sound wonderful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Hi Kev,

To me, buying WW cables either in France or in the US has always been easy and trouble free.

The friend who brought me the A23 also has Shindo speaker cables to sell. He actually lived for 15 years in Japan and he visited Mr. Shindo often.
    But I stand very close to you on this. Even at half the price, I cannot imagine to pay so much money for cables. Although the best cables I ever had with my Shindo amps are made of pure silver. But only 1 meter length. Not usable in my new room where the monoblocks are no more close too the speakers.

My speakers use a 414A driver, and a 807 compression with a W32A horn. A design inspired by the Petite Latour.

Wow!
    Jerome, Just gorgeous. Your floor looks almost 3D. I love my PL and I'd bet yours are amazing, too. My PL are slightly different. They have the same drivers I think, but a different horn, and are vented in front. I've not opened them up to look inside. The power supply for the field coils take quite a bit of space and are quite massive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bill

Shindo Giscours
    Shindo Western Electric 300b
    Shinoo Petite Latour (FC)
    AMG Viella V12 Etna (Erodion) and Teatro (Bob's Sky @ 1:20)
    Lumin S1

Devialet 200
    Aries
    Harbeth C7

Quote Originally Posted by Loop4fun View Post
    Wow!
    Jerome, Just gorgeous. Your floor looks almost 3D. I love my PL and I'd bet yours are amazing, too. My PL are slightly different. They have the same drivers I think, but a different horn, and are vented in front. I've not opened them up to look inside. The power supply for the field coils take quite a bit of space and are quite massive.

Jeromes speakers are not Shindo. They are not PL. they are made to look like Shindo.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber_jones View Post
    Jeromes speakers are not Shindo. They are not PL. they are made to look like Shindo.

Right. My first instinct was to call them Shinclones but that would make me a hypocrite. I like playing with Altec parts and doing that - and being way more influenced by Sound Practices than TAS - was what led me down my hifi road. It totally enriches my relationship with Shindo. Does that make sense? That probably makes no sense to guys who chase the latest Magico or ARC revisions, but anyone can *buy* gear. It goes back to a (very unpopular) theme that guides my hifi journey. You can pick your parts from the stereophile list and mash them up. Always substituting this newly raved about product for last years. OR you can find the sound you like, dig into the history and the nuts and bolts and reap the rewards.

My advice to Shindo guys - if you can't or don't want to swing the Shindo speakers (not directed to Jerome), definitely go the vintage altec route.

Chris, I know... He explained some of the the differences. I've happily made my bed with Shindo.

They still look good though! Plus his room looks really good, too. IMO
    Bill

Shindo Giscours
    Lumin S1

Devialet 200
    Aries
    Harbeth C7

Oh I think they are cool. I love the vintage altec thing. Got some myself. I just thought there may be some misunderstanding that they are shindo.

Kev - I agree.
    Chris

Right. My first instinct was to call them Shinclones but that would make me a hypocrite. I like playing with Altec parts and doing that - and being way more influenced by Sound Practices than TAS - was what led me down my hifi road. It totally enriches my relationship with Shindo. Does that make sense? That probably makes no sense to guys who chase the latest Magico or ARC revisions, but anyone can *buy* gear. It goes back to a (very unpopular) theme that guides my hifi journey. You can pick your parts from the stereophile list and mash them up. Always substituting this newly raved about product for last years. OR you can find the sound you like, dig into the history and the nuts and bolts and reap the rewards.

My advice to Shindo guys - if you can't or don't want to swing the Shindo speakers (not directed to Jerome), definitely go the vintage altec route.

I agree Kev.
    A vintage unmodified pair of Vott, 19, 15, Valencias... is a more secure route for most people and will give excellent results.
    The 19 is probably the best speaker when you have the room for it.
    Even if you are gifted with your hands and know how to design a filter, making a great cabinet and designing a filter for a specific cabinet and drivers is extremely difficult.
    I was very lucky to meet the guy who made mine. His name is Gilles.
    He is a very talented pro carpenter, passionated in audio. He has multiple measuring devices and builds the filters and cut the port by ear + measures.
    The guy is one of those persons that you meet once or twice in a life. He also hand builds planes in which he flies ( he's a pilot) and he sells them ! And a big fan of astronomy, former president of his town's astronomy associations, he built and polished his own mirrors !
    Gilles reminds me of Peter Kesling. A genius in orthodontics who transformed the little company of his father into a huge international orthodontics manufactury. Mr. Kesling was also building planes on sundays !
    The main difference being that Peter Kesling was born in a very wealthy and already successful family. While Gilles is a self made man who was born in a poor family. But they are made of the same texture. They truly believe that "impossible" is a word made for the simple minds and their ability for hard work is beyond imagination.

Clearly my speakers are NOT Shindo.
    But my friend who listened to various Shindo speakers over the years told me that they sound truly wonderful and wants to order a pair. He told me that vey few people in the world can handmade a speaker that sounds like this one. Like Shindo, Gilles knows that each pair of vintage Altec drivers is unique and needs a custom made filter. ( My filter has a continuous adjustment of the compression driver from -6 to + 1 dB by the way ).
    Moreover, even most talented pro carpenters do not know how to build cabinets of this quality. You can spot for example that no screws are apparent around the drivers on the face of the speaker. Just a little clue at how talented Gilles is. In France, Gilles is probably the only one able to make cabinets of this quality.

But Gilles is already working for me on a smaller floorstanding speaker for my living. With a 414 Altec or GPA, and we will use a TAD 2001 compression with horn which is less wide than the W32A and will make more discrete speakers in the living room.
    While my PL inspired is 183 liters, the living speaker will be much smaller : 110 liters.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop4fun View Post
    Wow!

Thanks !!

Reviewing this thread again yesterday coincided with me checking out my vintage Shindo. To illustrate the "hollowed out" IC jacks, I give you:

I agree Kev.
    A vintage unmodified pair of Vott, 19, 15, Valencias... is a more secure route for most people and will give excellent results.
    The 19 is probably the best speaker when you have the room for it.
    Even if you are gifted with your hands and know how to design a filter, making a great cabinet and designing a filter for a specific cabinet and drivers is extremely difficult.
    I was very lucky to meet the guy who made mine. His name is Gilles.
    He is a very talented pro carpenter, passionated in audio. He has multiple measuring devices and builds the filters and cut the port by ear + measures.
    The guy is one of those persons that you meet once or twice in a life. He also hand builds planes in which he flies ( he's a pilot) and he sells them ! And a big fan of astronomy, former president of his town's astronomy associations, he built and polished his own mirrors !
    Gilles reminds me of Peter Kesling. A genius in orthodontics who transformed the little company of his father into a huge international orthodontics manufactury. Mr. Kesling was also building planes on sundays !
    The main difference being that Peter Kesling was born in a very wealthy and already successful family. While Gilles is a self made man who was born in a poor family. But they are made of the same texture. They truly believe that "impossible" is a word made for the simple minds and their ability for hard work is beyond imagination.

Clearly my speakers are NOT Shindo.
    But my friend who listened to various Shindo speakers over the years told me that they sound truly wonderful and wants to order a pair. He told me that vey few people in the world can handmade a speaker that sounds like this one. Like Shindo, Gilles knows that each pair of vintage Altec drivers is unique and needs a custom made filter. ( My filter has a continuous adjustment of the compression driver from -6 to + 1 dB by the way ).
    Moreover, even most talented pro carpenters do not know how to build cabinets of this quality. You can spot for example that no screws are apparent around the drivers on the face of the speaker. Just a little clue at how talented Gilles is. In France, Gilles is probably the only one able to make cabinets of this quality.

But Gilles is already working for me on a smaller floorstanding speaker for my living. With a 414 Altec or GPA, and we will use a TAD 2001 compression with horn which is less wide than the W32A and will make more discrete speakers in the living room.
    While my PL inspired is 183 liters, the living speaker will be much smaller : 110 liters.
    Pretty interesting. Enjoy the speakers.

Thanks Kev. I do enjoy them a lot.

By the way, to bring this thread full circle, I decided to get Shindo speaker cables. They made a huge difference from the moment I installed them, even before my 604's were broken-in. Now that they are run-in a lot more, the system can be so beguiling that, like many of you, I've also developed an exhausting habit of late night listening. Tonight, after the end of the last song, I was moved to give thanks to the wonderful artists to whom I had listened and to Mr. Shindo. Such intimate and lovely sounds.
    Craig

Listening Room:
    Shindo Vosne Romanee and Haut Brion, Shindo Alnico 604's, Fostex T90A's, slate Lenco TT, Schick tonearm, Bob's Devices 1311, PS Audio DirectStream, Naim CD5, Sonos, Shindo IC's and wire, WE wire
    HT: McCormack MAP1 and HT3, Manaplaner CC2 and MC1's, REL, Cambridge DacMagic, Sonos

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    By the way, to bring this thread full circle, I decided to get Shindo speaker cables. They made a huge difference from the moment I installed them, even before my 604's were broken-in. Now that they are run-in a lot more, the system can be so beguiling that, like many of you, I've also developed an exhausting habit of late night listening. Tonight, after the end of the last song, I was moved to give thanks to the wonderful artists to whom I had listened and to Mr. Shindo. Such intimate and lovely sounds.
    Yes,
    When I hear the effect of Shindo's IC on the system, I can guess that the speaker cables will make a nice difference. Congrats !
    I will try a pair of speaker cables too.

I would use Shindo speaker cables, too if I didn't have an 16 ft run... A23 is all I can afford. BTW, Shindo just made me a custom DIN/RCA phono cable for my AMG TT, but I do not yet have it installed. I'm looking forward to that. It was very reasonably priced, so I'd bet you get a lot for the money with their speaker cables, even though they are pricey.

Bill

Shindo Giscours
    Lumin S1

Devialet 200
    Aries
    Harbeth C7

I am now trying Shindo's speaker cables.
    First impressions are positive.
    More to come in a few days.

I am now trying Shindo's speaker cables.
    First impressions are positive.
    More to come in a few days.
    I think that you'll like them.

Before deciding on Shindo cables, I used A23, Nordost Tyr2 (both on demo from my dealer) and my Soundstrings. After a few weeks of speaker burn-in, I preferred the Nordost - better detail and midrange expansiveness - but much more expensive than A23. It wasn't a proper demo since the speakers still sounded pretty crappy - too green.

Glen and Jonathan always encouraged use of Shindo cables to get the intended "Shindo" sound. After the speakers opened up and sounded sweeter and I got a Vosne-Romanee, I decided to go in the direction I'd always intended - a full Shindo set up. It made a huge difference versus the Soundstrings. Of course, my impressions of the A23 and Nordost wires were limited by the speaker's performance when I had them.

Jerome, it will be interesting to hear your comparison of the A23 and Shindo cables.
    Craig

Listening Room:

They are very different.
    I find the Shindo cables to be richer in harmonics and more saturated in colors. They are also more resolved. The level of details and transparency is incredible.
    Honestly there was no match between the A23 and my WireWorld cables.
    But the Shindo's are in a complete different league.

Interesting! Well you just described, better than I, what I heard when I swapped out the Soundstrings for the Shindos.
    Craig

Listening Room:

Interesting! Well you just described, better than I, what I heard when I swapped out the Soundstrings for the Shindos.
    The Shindo's are much better than my WireWorld cables, at least on Shindo amps and Altec speakers.
    The difference is very clear and obvious.
    The Shindo's go much higher. But still sounding extremely liquid and natural.
    And something I am always looking for : a great separation of the voices from the instruments. I need the maximum of air around the singer. And the Shindo cable gives that better than any other cable I heard.

Wow, that's fantastic! I'm happy for you.
    Craig

Listening Room:

Well, times are changing..sometimes! I prefer the A23 Speaker Cable in comparison to the expensive Shindo silvers, which I owned almost 20 years. But both are unlimited recommandable...

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum campoli, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

And...interesting to see which cables the master had in use...not his own, the connoisseur will detect it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I guess I'm no connoisseur, but that does look like his power cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Wolfe View Post
    Well, I guess I'm no connoisseur, but that does look like his power cord.

It´s an Auditorium 23 speaker cable...between power chord and ic.

And he was using Belden cable in the speakers !

And he was using Belden cable in the speakers !
    Inside the speakers Belden(like A23 speakers also), to the speakers A23 speaker cable!

And, Jerome...if your system - when using A23 speaker cables - is collapsing (like you wrote in post 57), that´s not caused by this cable. The problems are elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by campoli View Post
    Inside the speakers Belden(like A23 speakers also), to the speakers A23 speaker cable!

And, Jerome...if your system - when using A23 speaker cables - is collapsing (like you wrote in post 57), that´s not caused by this cable. The problems are elsewhere.
    Yes you are right.
    The system sounds great with WireWorld. It sounds fabulous with Shindo.
    It sounds thin with A23. But A23 has nothing to do with it. The problem is in the system.
    Lol.

Yes you are right.
    The system sounds great with WireWorld. It sounds fabulous with Shindo.
    It sounds thin with A23. But A23 has nothing to do with it. The problem is in the system.
    Lol.
    Thanks.
    Stating specific sound characteristics, given to any of the parts is unrealistic, misleads often. Perceptions/results are worthy for that moment and the circumstances where it happens. But useful, because the whole is far more than the sum of it´s part´s.The art is to rule synergies at it´s best, as far as possible. Intuition - and suitable acoustics- are elementary. Shindo amps giving capabilities for diving deeper into musical essence than all other´s...but important is listening into it and not onto...

My belief is in shindo speaker cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    My belief is in shindo speaker cables.
    hi guys, I wake up this interesting thread.

I use the Belden cables on my own system (wired directly to the horn woofer).

Having owned all sorts of cables in the past, this one sounds incredibly natural to me. I have tried WE cables, they did sound less good than the very cheap Belden on my set up.

I know a few "audiophiles" who will never use the Belden only because it is too cheap.

I have not seen a Shindo speaker cable, is it the same?

Jerome, have you tried the bargain Belden? if so your impressions?

best

Shindo speaker cable is silver plated, A23 speaker cables are a mix of different diameter and materials so its not the same as the Belden wire.

I see.

I would be interested to know the differences between a Belden and a Shindo speaker cables, soundwise.

The Shindo speakers appear to be an easy load for an amplifier. No extreme impedance dips and peaks.
    Belden makes countless different cables that could be used as loudspeaker cables.
    So it comes down to end-to-end resistance of the different cables and even the the differences will be small compared to some more demanding speakers.

The twisted Belden is used by Shindo only for internal speaker wiring.
    In high impedance speaker- amps systems cables could have some greater effect on sound it seems and the behaviour seems sometimes strange compared to transistor systems.

Typically very low impedance loudspeakers (like true ribbon speakers) are more sensitive to reasonable speaker cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Typically very low impedance loudspeakers (like true ribbon speakers) are more sensitive to reasonable speaker cables.

They are sensitive to L and R , not C ...

Quote Originally Posted by Privatecity View Post
    hi guys, I wake up this interesting thread.

I use the Belden cables on my own system (wired directly to the horn woofer).

Having owned all sorts of cables in the past, this one sounds incredibly natural to me. I have tried WE cables, they did sound less good than the very cheap Belden on my set up.

I know a few "audiophiles" who will never use the Belden only because it is too cheap.

I have not seen a Shindo speaker cable, is it the same?

Jerome, have you tried the bargain Belden? if so your impressions?

best
    Hello,

No I never tried the Belden.
    Although I have many internet friends who use it and are very happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team