Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

The joys of travel - NOT!

Well, I must be getting a little older or my patience is being tested. I've been stuck at the Atlanta airport for 7 hrs waiting to leave for San Jose (CA). No, not a vacation. I have an early meeting in the morning and will likely get to my destination around 2 am.

Yes, I'm venting a little.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Re: The joys of travel - NOT!

I feel your pain.

I dislike travel by air. I'm not afraid of flying, I just hate the experience and inconvenience.

I would just as soon stay home, go to work, putter around the house or listen to music.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Audioshark

Mike - I feel your pain. Business travel, heck, any travel, is just no fun these days. Tell them to route you to SRQ airport (Sarasota) and I'll pick you up.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Tempting Mike...

Agree with you Gary!

Mike

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Tempting Mike...

Agree with you Gary!
    You have my number. Call any time day or night and I'll come get you.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

The San Jose airport closes at 11, but does allow some exceptions. You might be re routed to SFO or Oakland, and then bussed to San Jose. Just in time for the early morning meeting.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

EEEK!

Just like buying a ticket to Philly via Newark from here. They think its perfectly acceptable to cancel the Philly leg and put you on a train to Philly from Newark!!!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    The San Jose airport closes at 11, but does allow some exceptions. You might be re routed to SFO or Oakland, and then bussed to San Jose. Just in time for the early morning meeting.
    Bud - You are right. We landed in San Jose at 2:30 am. The shuttle to the rental car facility was running but, guess what, there were no rental agents and no taxis! I could not believe it! Thx to Uber I was able to get to the hotel by 3:30 am.

EDITORIAL COMMENT (WARNING) - Why run a shuttle bus to a rental car facility that is closed!?!? Seriously! Ahhhh!

Anyway, good day today. Have two more flights tomorrow. I wonder how that will turn out. I'm an optimist so...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    EEEK!

Just like buying a ticket to Philly via Newark from here. They think its perfectly acceptable to cancel the Philly leg and put you on a train to Philly from Newark!!!
    I know what you mean Norman. I used to consult in Philly. I spent many Friday evenings delayed in that airport.

Mike

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

You should have told me you were in Atlanta, I would have come and picked you up!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Well, I must be getting a little older or my patience is being tested. I've been stuck at the Atlanta airport for 7 hrs waiting to leave for San Jose (CA). No, not a vacation. I have an early meeting in the morning and will likely get to my destination around 2 am.

Yes, I'm venting a little.
    Mike.......As we say about flying down here, "You can't go to heaven or hell without being delayed in Atlanta."

My last flight from Boston's Logan airport to Jacksonville, Florida was a nightmare. I arrived the obligatory 2 hours early at Logan, went to check my bag only to discover my flight had been canceled due to snow at Dulles where I had a connecting flight. I was rerouted to a flight that took me to Atlanta, then to Jacksonville. Even though I had arrived 2 hours early, this rerouted flight was leaving in 45 minutes and I still had to get through Logan's security which took 30 minutes of shuffling back and forth in a line before I was cleared. With less than 15 minutes to spare and the terminal a long distance away I literally had to run through the airport, down escalators, through underground areas, up a second escalator and then run down to nearly the very end of the concourse terminal where the flight was boarding. As I came running up to the boarding point the door to the boarding ramp was just being closed. I raised my voice so the woman could hear me coming, asking her to please wait one minute. As I handed her my boarding pass she proceeds to scold me about being tardy and how I should consider arriving earlier next time. Trying to catch my breath it took all I had not to unload on this arrogant twit. Once in Atlanta I had a three and a half hour layover before the connecting flight to Jacksonville. I had originally been scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville at 7:30 PM. I arrived at nearly midnight, exhausted, frustrated, and still pissed off about how I was chastised by the terminal attendee at Logan. There is no other way to describe it, flying sucks. I now avoid flying like the plague. I am old enough to remember flying when there were only turbo prop planes. Flying was enjoyable and you were treated well. Not anymore. We are treated like cattle with no concern for convenience or satisfaction. They get your money and thereafter kick you in the ass with complete disrespect.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

I've lived in the DC area for over 30 years now after growing up in the Midwest. When I first moved here to DC, I established a "5-hour rule" on driving, meaning if the trip took more than 5 hours to drive, I would fly instead. In the past few years, however, I've driven many long distance trips, several of them being 12 hours or more. I've gotten to the point that I wonder if airlines are trying to make flying as unpleasant an experience as possible. I'd rather drive 12 hours now than fly in most cases. It has gotten ridiculous.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    I've lived in the DC area for over 30 years now after growing up in the Midwest. When I first moved here to DC, I established a "5-hour rule" on driving, meaning if the trip took more than 5 hours to drive, I would fly instead. In the past few years, however, I've driven many long distance trips, several of them being 12 hours or more. I've gotten to the point that I wonder if airlines are trying to make flying as unpleasant an experience as possible. I'd rather drive 12 hours now than fly in most cases. It has gotten ridiculous.
    Anthony.......I hear you. I would rather drive myself. Fortunately, I am now retired and I only go where I wish to go and none of those destinations include air travel.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    Mike.......As we say about flying down here, "You can't go to heaven or hell without being delayed in Atlanta."

My last flight from Boston's Logan airport to Jacksonville, Florida was a nightmare. I arrived the obligatory 2 hours early at Logan, went to check my bag only to discover my flight had been canceled due to snow at Dulles where I had a connecting flight. I was rerouted to a flight that took me to Atlanta, then to Jacksonville. Even though I had arrived 2 hours early, this rerouted flight was leaving in 45 minutes and I still had to get through Logan's security which took 30 minutes of shuffling back and forth in a line before I was cleared. With less than 15 minutes to spare and the terminal a long distance away I literally had to run through the airport, down escalators, through underground areas, up a second escalator and then run down to nearly the very end of the concourse terminal where the flight was boarding. As I came running up to the boarding point the door to the boarding ramp was just being closed. I raised my voice so the woman could hear me coming, asking her to please wait one minute. As I handed her my boarding pass she proceeds to scold me about being tardy and how I should consider arriving earlier next time. Trying to catch my breath it took all I had not to unload on this arrogant twit. Once in Atlanta I had a three and a half hour layover before the connecting flight to Jacksonville. I had originally been scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville at 7:30 PM. I arrived at nearly midnight, exhausted, frustrated, and still pissed off about how I was chastised by the terminal attendee at Logan. There is no other way to describe it, flying sucks. I now avoid flying like the plague. I am old enough to remember flying when there were only turbo prop planes. Flying was enjoyable and you were treated well. Not anymore. We are treated like cattle with no concern for convenience or satisfaction. They get your money and thereafter kick you in the ass with complete disrespect.
    Wow, my last trip through Logan, whilst complicated, was entirely opposite. Had a "weather" delay (there was no bad weather) on my flight that would cause a misconnect at JFK, and staff and supervisor worked so diligently to open up a seat on an earlier delayed flight that would allow me to connect with just enough time to spare. They wouldn't give up! And, yes, I made it! Would have been horrific, but instead I made my way back to SFO with great ease, and dare to say, quite comfortably (highly recommend JetBlue Mint).
    Main: McIntosh XRT1K MDA1000 MC402 | JL F113 | M2Tech HiFace | WireWorld Cabling | RGPC1200C | PPP
    Office: Bel Canto S300iu 24/96 | KEF LS50 | REL R218 | WW Mini Eclipse | 6.3 TB Media Server
    Mobile: McIntosh MX406 MDA5000 MCD4000 MCC420M | JM Lab/Focal Utopia

E.......The flights themselves were not anything unusual, it was all the stress leading up to boarding and a ridiculously long layover in Atlanta. Once back in Jacksonville at midnight I had another hour and a half drive of 100 miles from the airport to get home. Not pleasant.

I have flown out of Gainesville regional many times without issues. Orlando International is another modern and streamlined airport. Can't say much for the airport in Puerto Rico where there's a lot of standing around in lines in non air conditioned areas outside. It's been years since I've flown into SFO. I never cared for the drive from the airport into the city.

It's probably because I have some years on me now and I'm getting crotchety but I value a leisurely pace that includes comfort. It seems flying no longer includes either of these things.
    Dan

E.......The flights themselves were not anything unusual, it was all the stress leading up to boarding and a ridiculously long layover in Atlanta. Once back in Jacksonville at midnight I had another hour and a half drive of 100 miles from the airport to get home. Not pleasant.

I have flown out of Gainesville regional many times without issues. Orlando International is another modern and streamlined airport. Can't say much for the airport in Puerto Rico where there's a lot of standing around in lines in non air conditioned areas outside. It's been years since I've flown into SFO. I never cared for the drive from the airport into the city.

It's probably because I have some years on me now and I'm getting crotchety but I value a leisurely pace that includes comfort. It seems flying no longer includes either of these things.
    Dan Gainesville a cute little airport. Back in my working years, I used to fly out of there a lot since it was close to Ocala, easy drive home when you landed. I still hate Orlando, with their parking fees, the traffic but if you want a direct non-stop its the only option if you want to avoid Altanta.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

I certainly feel your pain with the long drive after a flight. I do what I can to avoid it like the plague.

SFO International Terminal and T2 are great. United Terminal is a zoo (albeit the Centurion Lounge has helped when not overcrowded).

Comfort only occurs in non-steerage. :\
    Main: McIntosh XRT1K MDA1000 MC402 | JL F113 | M2Tech HiFace | WireWorld Cabling | RGPC1200C | PPP
    Office: Bel Canto S300iu 24/96 | KEF LS50 | REL R218 | WW Mini Eclipse | 6.3 TB Media Server
    Mobile: McIntosh MX406 MDA5000 MCD4000 MCC420M | JM Lab/Focal Utopia

Bud - You are right. We landed in San Jose at 2:30 am. The shuttle to the rental car facility was running but, guess what, there were no rental agents and no taxis! I could not believe it! Thx to Uber I was able to get to the hotel by 3:30 am.

EDITORIAL COMMENT (WARNING) - Why run a shuttle bus to a rental car facility that is closed!?!? Seriously! Ahhhh!

Anyway, good day today. Have two more flights tomorrow. I wonder how that will turn out. I'm an optimist so...
    Mike,

Sorry to read your troubles.
    On a funny note, your story makes USA look like France....
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Flying was much better pre-911 and better still before the airlines were deregulated. Once upon a time, there was such a thing as stewardesses on airplanes. Being a stewardess was considered a glamorous job for women much like being a cheerleader. There were standards for height, weight, age, and looks back in those days. Then one day that was all gone and you suddenly had 300 lb grandmas wearing moo-moos that wanted you to refer to them as "flight attendants." And standing next to grandma were male flight attendants who used to cut hair or dress windows who made you think of 3 alarm fires when you saw them.

Once upon a time, even on short flights, you were served some type of a snack (and I don't mean peanuts). Now you could fly cross-country and you won't be served a damn thing to eat. They will sell you food to eat, but unless you bring your own food or buy theirs, you will be so hungry you will have cobwebs growing on your butt by the time you arrive to your cross-country destination.

And then came the contest among airlines to see how close they could move the seats together. I'm 6' 3" and all legs and it's miserable for me. I'm waiting for the day when the airlines will cut your legs off before the flight and charge you $40.00 per leg to check them so they can move the seats even closer together.

And how many of you saw the news story recently about the gay TSA agent and his female accomplice? I'm not making this up by the way lest anyone think I am. The gay guy would signal his female friend when he saw a cute guy coming through security that he wanted to come in contact with. When the cute guy stepped in the naked X-Ray machine, the female TSA agent would flip the switch on the machine to the "female" position. When the scanner saw his doppelganger hanging down and thought it was a woman, the machine would alert that the cute guy needed to be frisked and the gay TSA agent proceeded to go to work. They were caught and both fired.

The bottom line is that unless you are wealthy and fly via private jet, flying absolutely blows. I try and only take direct flights if at all possible and I try to limit my flying to as close to zero as I can.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Flying was much better pre-911 and better still before the airlines were deregulated. Once upon a time, there was such a thing as stewardesses on airplanes. Being a stewardess was considered a glamorous job for women much like being a cheerleader. There were standards for height, weight, age, and looks back in those days. Then one day that was all gone and you suddenly had 300 lb grandmas wearing moo-moos that wanted you to refer to them as "flight attendants." And standing next to grandma were male flight attendants who used to cut hair or dress windows who made you think of 3 alarm fires when you saw them.

Once upon a time, even on short flights, you were served some type of a snack (and I don't mean peanuts). Now you could fly cross-country and you won't be served a damn thing to eat. They will sell you food to eat, but unless you bring your own food or buy theirs, you will be so hungry you will have cobwebs growing on your butt by the time you arrive to your cross-country destination.

And then came the contest among airlines to see how close they could move the seats together. I'm 6' 3" and all legs and it's miserable for me. I'm waiting for the day when the airlines will cut your legs off before the flight and charge you $40.00 per leg to check them so they can move the seats even closer together.

And how many of you saw the news story recently about the gay TSA agent and his female accomplice? I'm not making this up by the way lest anyone think I am. The gay guy would signal his female friend when he saw a cute guy coming through security that he wanted to come in contact with. When the cute guy stepped in the naked X-Ray machine, the female TSA agent would flip the switch on the machine to the "female" position. When the scanner saw his doppelganger hanging down and thought it was a woman, the machine would alert that the cute guy needed to be frisked and the gay TSA agent proceeded to go to work. They were caught and both fired.

The bottom line is that unless you are wealthy and fly via private jet, flying absolutely blows. I try and only take direct flights if at all possible and I try to limit my flying to as close to zero as I can.
    LOL. I used to be a field service engineer and traveled all the time in the late 70s and early 80s. Then you could book a coach flight during the day, 'miss' it, and get another flight after 6 PM, which included an upgrade to first class. I remember more than once flying across country, and having an entire seat row to myself. I would finish the meal (which I always enjoyed), and get another one or two from the stewardess since they had plenty of left overs. Finally, you could smoke anything you wanted in the rest room then (not that I would do that), and drink all you wanted.

Ah yes, the good old days, as long as somebody else bought the ticket.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    You should have told me you were in Atlanta, I would have come and picked you up!
    Thought about it Mark! But, I needed to get to San Jose for a meeting.

Mike

Dan - Terrible! I think just about all of us here have stories like this one. With the reduction of seats across the airline industry, one cancellation means delays in getting to your final destination sometimes in days - not hours. The only thing that helps is having a "status" with the airline.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Mike,

Sorry to read your troubles.
    On a funny note, your story makes USA look like France....
    I love France Jerome! Well, some things French...wine, food, audio friends...

Mike

BTW, the story is not over. I'm seating at the AmEx Centurion Lounge at DFW. Just received a message from AA. My flight home has just been delayed!

Mike

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The joys of travel - NOT!