Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Super Moderator

Having a little fun - VAC Sigma 160i SE ....

I snagged this from the fish market Gotta love tubes.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; October 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Re: Having a little fun - VAC Sigma 160i SE ....

GORGEOUS! Congrats Joe!!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    GORGEOUS! Congrats Joe!!
    Thanks Mike! It's a great piece.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Congratulations Joe. That's a beauty.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLet View Post
    Congratulations Joe. That's a beauty.
    Thank you Bruce, you'll have to come over and hear it

NAD C 658 streamer.

Good stuff Joe. Was just thinking this morning as I am setting my rig up in the new house that I need a very good integrated.

Super Moderator

It sounds great through the Lampi.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    It sounds great through the Lampi.

Which one, the amps or the dac?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    which one, the amps or the dac?
    everything!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

This is one product I've always wanted to own and ever since Brent created the SE version, damn, I've really wanted to try it. The SE version uses mostly master and statement series parts. You get a good dose of the best VAC sounds in a manageable package at a not too crazy price - especially if you go the gently used route.

No flies on you Joe!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Thanks Mike. You can't beat the sound of tubes and this piece sounds awesome.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Very Nice! I wish our Fish Markets were like that here
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Super Moderator

Ha!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Buy the optional glass faceplate & cage Joe, brings the looks to another level.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Super Moderator

Thanks John,

It looks awesome with the cage and glass.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hows she sounding Joe. Improved with the dsd vs pcm arguement now that you know it's proper diet?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    Hows she sounding Joe. Improved with the dsd vs pcm argument now that you know it's proper diet?
    Kev,

It's an amazing integrated. I was never a VAC (amp) fan until now. Holy cow! It really makes my Strads sing.

NAD C 658 streamer.

What's the retail price on these bad boys? Joe...when you decide it's time to let go, PM me as I am seriously considering downsizing to an integrated. My only question is will they have enough balls to drive my Thiels (which stay below 4ohms for much of the bass and midrange frequencies)?
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Super Moderator

Hi Cyril,

It's $15,500 with the balanced input option. They use some parts from the Statement series. Re: the Thiels, that's a great question. It controls the Strads really well.

We'll talk

NAD C 658 streamer.

awesome integrated amp !! someday

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    What's the retail price on these bad boys? Joe...when you decide it's time to let go, PM me as I am seriously considering downsizing to an integrated. My only question is will they have enough balls to drive my Thiels (which stay below 4ohms for much of the bass and midrange frequencies)?
    Call the factory about the ability to drive Thiels........as they voice and test every piece of gear via Thiel speakers. You can trust their judgement and suggestions.
    Jerry-

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Having a little fun - VAC Sigma 160i SE ....