Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Stillpoint Apertures

I'm going to be looking into room treatment.

Has anyone tried these Aperture panels? They are described as an absorber, a diffusor, and a resonator, all in one.

I have an unusual space: 15 wide x 60' long. Glass at either end, 1/3rd wall glass on one of the 60' walls.
    I'm planning to use some Vescom acoustic translucent curtain fabric over the at either end (so as not to eliminate
    natural light) and to also to put another layer of the fabric at the 45' depth of the space. Translucent, acoustic curtain fabrics

The 60' swath of glass on one wall is covered with double cellular fabric blinds.
    The other 60' wall is mostly sheetrock and has a slight curvature.

My listening area is in the first 45' and is variable-- I move around a lot-- from near field to all over the space.

Anyway, I thought I might try these panels: two behind speakers, two on the walls at the first side reflections, and two hanging in front of the Vescom fabric at 45'.

It's actually a pretty exciting space to fill with sound-- I just need to tame it a bit.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Re: Stillpoint Apertures

Go for it
    They really do the 3 things
    I already installed like 30 of them and all with super positive results

I'm curious about the Aperture's blending of "diffusion, absorption and resonance" into a single panel. Is this a unique design, never used in acoustic treatments before this product? It seems to be marketed to audiophiles who don't want to inundate their listening spaces with separate bulky bass traps, assorbers and diffusers. Which is a great idea, depending on how well they work.

I'm wondering if there are compromises involved in this 3 in 1 panel? They sound promising...
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

edited....

I bought 5 Aperture panels. I finally started "playing" with them today. I temporarily placed 4 on the wall behind the speakers (2 behind each speaker) - still playing with placement. So far I'm more than pleased. Will be listening and moving them around a bit to find the right location before I install them.

Quality is is very good. Fit and finish is first class.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

As long as one understands they do nothing in the bass, one can then decide whether what they do is worth the entry price.

These are calling me name...I need two.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum baddog!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Joe, don't know how I missed this place for so long. I like the vibe.
    Roon Rock | Ortofon Cadenza Black | Miyajima Zero | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio G3

Banned

Old thread, but anyone had any recent experience with these panels or their new stands?

Audioshark

Stillpoint Apertures

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    Old thread, but anyone had any recent experience with these panels or their new stands?
    We installed some at my clients. Made a nice improvement tightening the center image.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We installed some at my clients. Made a nice improvement tightening the center image.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Two 2'x 2' Stillpoint Apertures retail for $1498.

$900. buys four 4'x2' Vicoustic Wavewood 120 panels, which would allow me to put one in the middle behind my speakers, two at the first reflection points and one on the wall behind my listening position.

Just wondering which option will give me more bang for the buck.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Two 2'x 2' Stillpoint Apertures retail for $1498.

$900. buys four 4'x2' Vicoustic Wavewood 120 panels, which would allow me to put one in the middle behind my speakers, two at the first reflection points and one on the wall behind my listening position.

Just wondering which option will give me more bang for the buck.
    Gotta say, the stillpoints. 4 x 2 isn't enough for wave wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I agree with this 100%!

Also good results with one on each side of speaker.
    Roon Rock | Ortofon Cadenza Black | Miyajima Zero | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio G3

I recently borrowed six of the Aperture panels from my dealer and invited some mates over for a listening and evaluation session.

We all agreed that the "best bang for your buck" was two panels placed at the first reflection points on either side of the room.

Next best position was behind the listener and the least effective was behind the speakers or in the centre position, behind the speakers.

To be fair, there was little difference in solidifying the centre image by swapping out my existing Acustica Applicata DADD's which do a very good job of room tuning!

fullsizeoutput_8a5 by Steve Coward, on Flickr

A view down towards the speakers, showing DAAD's and Stillpoints Aperture in place.

fullsizeoutput_8c5 by Steve Coward, on Flickr

ah wondered what they were . they do look rather good . nice to see the mummy speakers in post 14 or at least i think thats what they are . correct me if i am wrong
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    ah wondered what they were . they do look rather good . nice to see the mummy speakers in post 14 or at least i think thats what they are . correct me if i am wrong
    "mummy speakers?"

A very effective 3 way, (bass control, diffusor & absorber) acoustic panel worth checking out is the "Curve" by "Acoustic Geometry".
    Very well made and reasonably priced. Comes in many fabric choices to match your decor. Has wall cleats for mounting or stands are available. Well thought out product that delivers the goods.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Quote Originally Posted by XCop5089 View Post
    "mummy speakers?"
    ah when checking site , they don`t look anything like them !!! my mistake . yes couple of people I know have tried them

http://horns.pl/zestawy-glosnikowe/mummy-3/
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

thanks for the share on that, super helpful
    Lumin S1 / PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp & 250 Amp / B&W 804D2 / PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator / Synergistic Research Atmosphere Level 3 HC Power Cable / Shunyata Alpha Power Cables / Audience Au24 SX XLR / High Fidelity Reveal XLR / Kimber Monocole XL Speaker Cables / SOtM dBL-Cat7 Ethernet cables / High Fidelity MC0.5 / system upgraded with Synergistic Research Blue Fuses / Nordost Qv1's & Qk2's

I have a number of these in my room. Without question they have improved the overall sonics and naturalness of the room's acoustic without the dampening, dullness, bass-suckout or frequency imbalance I have experienced with other products. Even speaking within the room as you walk in, sounds natural. There are no reverberation or unnatural colorations apparent. It is a pleasant room in which to listen to music, talk with friends, family or when converted to a movie theater, it becomes exceptional, without the sharp-edge to loud movie sound passages. The Stillpoints and the room build are what I consider to be the key system strength.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Stillpoint Apertures