Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Air Tight is calling me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Just need to pick up that pair of speakers we talked about and you will be good to go. Can even swap back and forth between them and the Harbeths. So far I have resisted the temptation, but if you get them I can quit looking at them.
    Ha! You want me to open my wallet instead of yours. Nice Jack !!! lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Maybe I am just trying to get you to broaden your horizons and hear something new and different, wallets aside. But on another note, I think you will love the AT gear. I would love an ATM-2 at some point.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

I will definitely check them out. Promise and you will be first one to know how I like them.

I heard numerous times with ATM2. Great amp and one of best KT88 amp in the market.

Paul

Paul- do you still have the Tannoys or just the Harbeth 40.1s?

Congrats on the new electronics- nothing better looking than AT gear w/ Tamura transformers
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post

Congrats on the new electronics- nothing better looking than AT gear w/ Tamura transformers
    Just? LMAO!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post

JUST The Harbeth

Paul

So Paul,
    How the Air Tight's are doing ?
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Air Tight is calling me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    So Paul,
    How the Air Tight's are doing ?
    Hi Jerome, They sound wonderful. Having fun play with the Triode mode ( SET sounds ) and Ultra Linear mode ( Tighter sounds with big bass )

Finally , I can erase my memory with the Shindo in-terms of sound quality and build quality
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Finally , I can erase my memory with the Shindo in-terms of sound quality and build quality
    You prefer the AT? :-)
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Quote Originally Posted by arthurs View Post
    You prefer the AT? :-)
    Thank god.

Paul

It's not true without pictures Paul!

Just couple of IPhone pics for now

Paul

Super Moderator

Beautiful gear Paul.

I often think about the Air Tight 211 amps. Oh boy
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Beautiful gear Paul.

I often think about the Air Tight 211 amps. Oh boy
    Thanks Joe. If you check my original post I was interested in ATM211 amps. I know very good dealer let me know if you need his contact information

Get those beauty with this JBL 4367 speakers and play some jazz you will be in heaven

Paul

Super Moderator

Ha!

Yes, I do remember. I bet that combo will be heaven. Damn, I want those JBL's, badly.

Thanks Joe. If you check my original post I was interested in ATM211 amps. I know very good dealer let me know if you need his contact information

Get those beauty with this JBL 4367 speakers and play some jazz you will be in heaven

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Since you told me about this JBL I've been searching everywhere over the net. Sigh

Paul

Super Moderator

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...7-first-listen

Since you told me about this JBL I've been searching everywhere over the net. Sigh

NAD C 658 streamer.

Get that with 211 Airtight !!!

I can't even sleep still listening to my Air Tight Joe

Paul

Super Moderator

I totally understand.

Must sound sublime.

Get that with 211 Airtight !!!

I can't even sleep still listening to my Air Tight Joe

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank god.

Hello Paul,

Congrats ! I am happy for you that you found a sound that you prefer to the sound you had with the Shindo's.
    Saying though that you prefer the AT to the Shindo is not fair imho for at least 2 serious reasons.
    - you did not have the AT and the Shindo's at the same time with the same speakers. You should state that you prefer the sound of your "system" now. I can say without any doubt possible that the CCQs were better than my MC2301s on the Wilson WP8's because I had both amps at the same time, during one year.
    Yes, time is an important factor too imho. Shindo becomes addictive with time.
    Many other amps will impress more on a direct a/b comparison. The real question is : what are your feelings after weeks/ months / years of listening ? Always for me it ended up this way : the Shindo's are more balanced and relaxed. More natural sounding than all the other amps I got. By comparison, my other amps tend to become tiring with time.

- you know that Shindo amps can be very good with many speakers others than the ones they are specifically designed for but that is like a lottery game. Anyway, the best you get when you "win" is a very good sound. That is what you and me got with our speakers.
    Shindo shines really and gives you a very high end sound with Altec based speakers. As Jonathan and others said always and many times, they need very low mass paper cones drivers, without any rubber suspension, high eff and very high impedances.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Looking good Paul! A friend of mine just got the JBL's I'm going to hear them in a couple of weeks.
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Thanks Art. Let us know how you like the JBL speakers.

Paul

Super Moderator

Looking good Paul! A friend of mine just got the JBL's I'm going to hear them in a couple of weeks.

The 4367? Nice! Please let us know.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Just couple of IPhone pics for now

Stunning amplifiers Paul! Wow.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    Stunning amplifiers Paul! Wow.
    Thank you Mike Air Tight is calling me.....

Paul

Congrats Paul.

Beautifull gear and upgrade. Hope u have lots of joyfull time with it.

Made me think of my old days with my ATM2 /KONDO DAC and Burmester 808 MK3 Ref. Preamp setting.

The good old days

still sorry I sold the AIRTIGHT. ATM2.

Cheers from Holland.

uploadfromtaptalk1457409361260.jpg

Thanks Mazzialk.

Wonder I should do some tube rolling or not

Paul

Thanks Mazzialk.

Wonder I should do some tube rolling or not

Nope.
    Just enjoy the sound of the airtight as it is sepose to be. they do a verry wel job to get the best sound and tube match out the their amps.

So sit back relax and enjoy the ride as it is ment.

Enjoy ....

Quote Originally Posted by mazzialk View Post
    Nope.
    Just enjoy the sound of the airtight as it is sepose to be. they do a verry wel job to get the best sound and tube match out the their amps.

So sit back relax and enjoy the ride as it is ment.

Enjoy ....
    hello,

I have Air Tght ATM3 amps and ATE2 for many years. I can say tube rolling with god NOS is very rewarding for better sound. The association of different tubes with different characteristics is a hard work to do on a rather long period of time. Once your tune in balanced to your sound preference your in haeven.

Quote Originally Posted by cuntigh View Post
    hello,

I have Air Tght ATM3 amps and ATE2 for many years. I can say tube rolling with god NOS is very rewarding for better sound. The association of different tubes with different characteristics is a hard work to do on a rather long period of time. Once your tune in balanced to your sound preference your in haeven.
    What was the best tubes you heard on your ATM3's ? Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,
    sorry for the late answer. When I bought mine, 20 years ago, AT didn't made or branded his own tubes.
    Before get the funds for buying mines, I saw some arrived at my prefered hi fi shop with Sovteks, some equiped with Mullards from the last generation (unfortunately not the best sounding) and many many equipped with AEG.
    Mine were with AEG as a lot after that because AT bought at that time many new unused AEG EL34 speaking. 12ax7 and 12 au7 were Mullards branded Siemens.
    For EL 34 the best sounding tubes (in my system and for my tastes) were Mullards XF2 OO. They can be branded in either Mullard, Siemens, Miniwatt, Valvo, Amperex...etc. they are all made in Blackburn Mullard factory if the acid code is B (for Blackburn followed by a number for the year a letter for the month and anither number for the week of the month they were made.
    AEG work great but don't have the force and finesse of the Mullards. C SED were good for the medium but not as detailed as AEG. The Siemens (made in ex Yugoslavia seems a bit harsh).
    AEG were made in East Germany by RFT. RFT was building his own tubes and also for many others (Telefunken, Siemens, AEG, Haltron etc.). It seems the tolerances were not the same for all but I don't have evidence for that.

The little tubes 12 au and 12 ax I tried many and it appears you can tweak the sound. At that time I use Tesla E83cc (same as ecc803s telef) with CIFTE WAH 5* EAMR (établissement armé du matériel radar).
    The choice is very dependant also with the tubes you have in the pre. It's been very long to adjust for me. I've been hleped by a friend of mine that had the same ATM3, so we have compared, talked about exchanged tubes and advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    6ohm/89db - not bad. I would suggest ATM-3's.

I have a good deal with 2 ATM-4 ... So 2 x 48 W...

So I can try them ?

Or I keep Model 625 for the bass and Air Tight for the ATM-4 ?
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Quote Originally Posted by SoundRebels View Post
    Arrived yesterday:

Beautiful !
    Turntable : SME ?
    CD player : CEC ?
    DAC : Remyo ???
    Loudspeaker ?

Thanks
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Gorgeous amps - have always wanted to try a pair of the 211s.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Those 211's are great amps. Pair them with the right speakers and you are done, excpet for tube shopping.

Air Tight ATC-2 & ATM-2 unboxing

Marcin

really nice system.

sometime i wish i could "beam" myself to another place to listen to that hifi...

cheers

VDS
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC, Line Magnetic 508ia
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

For now review is only in Polish, but we put there a lot of photos which are multilingual;-)

Marcin

The ATE-2005 is only a 5.5k (GBP) phono and easily outdid a 12k Music First phono with Kuzma Stabi M and a 1500 quid Transfig cart. Does anyone have any other compare points on ATE 2005

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team