Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Kevo lock

Kevo lock

I thought I would post my review of this lock. I know it is not Audio.
    I have it had about month now. There are some deficiencies I have noticed. The lock is slow you have stand there for longer than you want. Too often I have to take the phone out of my pocket and hold it up to the devise to get it to work.
    The app is very basic. I should be able to see what position my lock is in and lock it from phone that is not case. The lock should have a button on the inside to lock from inside after I close my door.
    The other thing I noticed is my family are now less likely to lock the door when home than before.
    I think this might be the state of a lot of electronic locks out there at this time but that is just guess.

Re: Kevo lock

Lock for what?
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra Isolators | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton + Typhon | Shunyata Hydra 2 Power Conditioner

front door

i Thought I would update this a bit. Now having the lock for about 2 months. Every once in while I like to go out without my phone. This means I have to work my front door lock with a key. I now find this so old fashion and a pain in the but. This probably sounds trivial and it is but using a key now is archaic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I thought I would post my review of this lock. I know it is not Audio.
    I have it had about month now. There are some deficiencies I have noticed. The lock is slow you have stand there for longer than you want. Too often I have to take the phone out of my pocket and hold it up to the devise to get it to work.
    The app is very basic. I should be able to see what position my lock is in and lock it from phone that is not case. The lock should have a button on the inside to lock from inside after I close my door.
    The other thing I noticed is my family are now less likely to lock the door when home than before.
    I think this might be the state of a lot of electronic locks out there at this time but that is just guess.

Northern California Coast & San Francisco

This seems to be a complaint about a product I never new anyone needed nor can I see a reason why I would ever want one. Another unnecessary technological complication to life?
    Tom
    Ultimate Audio
    SoundLab Dealer

Country System:
    SoundLab Ultimate-1PX Electrostatic Speakers
    Pass Labs XP-32 pre, Pass Labs XA60.8 Amps
    Pass Lab XP-27 phono stage
    SME 20/2 table with SME V arm, Stillpoints LPI
    Minus-K BM-8 passive vibration control under tt
    Dynavector XV-1s, Koeitsu Rosewood Signature cartridges, Klaudio RCM
    Roon Nucleus+ powered by Keces P-8 LPS
    Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    3 dedicated AC lines
    Shunyata Omega PC to Everest for all source devices
    Typhon for each amp powered by 2 dedicated circuits
    Various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout.
    Stillpoints under everything.

City System:
    Ayre KX-R Twenty Preamp
    Pass Labs X-260.8 Monoblocks
    Esoteric K-03 SACD Player
    Roon Nucleus+powered by UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS
    Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    Sound Lab Ultimate-545PX Speakers
    Shunyata Hydra 8, Typhon QR
    Various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout
    Stillpoints under everything. Multiple room acoustic panels.

Audioshark

What's wrong with a key?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

If it's a smart electronic lock it should simply look at you, know who you are and just let you in.

Speakeasy

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    If it's a smart electronic lock it should simply look at you, know who you are and just let you in.
    I have a kids and a wife for that.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I think you might change your view if you owned one. But I'm not suggesting you should get one.
    To each to his own.

I thought I would update.I have had 3+ months of use. For such a big company the implementation is really quite poor. I have changed the (last one year) batteries already in hopes it would work better. I pretty well have to hold my phone to lock almost all the time. Having said that, the technology I believe will stick, it is quite superior to having to fumble with keys. Just needs better implementation. Giving someone access by sending them a key, Kevo also needs help with this function. I tried it the person on the other side needed to jump through far too hoops and in the end it never got done. On the good side, of the other players out there Kevo lock is least conspicuous of most of the locks out there,this is important from a security aspect.

We have electronic locks on a couple of doors that are integrated with our security system. I never use the phone ap features but we do use the buttons locking and unlocking our deadbolts. I never carry keys when I leave the house anymore not for doors or for the car. The system logs all entry and access and if a neighbor needs access I don't have to give them keys, just a individual code that I have set up to text me if they enter or exit. (Never used so far).

I would never be without a smart locks again.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

While the concept is great. Kevo is still problematic.

People are becoming way too dependent on technology and smart phones to the point of ridiculous. My wife asked me to get her a powered toothbrush the Dentist suggested. When I went to order it, I realized you needed a smart phone, app, and bluetooth to know what mode-speed your brush is in and for the timer.

When the grid goes down, all those who are fully depending on their phone for everything will be flopping around like a fish out of water. It will be an enjoyable show for sure.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Kevo lock